• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Reloading on the Cheap

doubled

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
North Texas
I started reloading about a year ago and my father sent me all of his old reloading gear to get me started. I've been meaning to post this for a while now.

Over 20 years ago he bought this trimmer for $16.45; the OHAUS Scale for $19.99 (bought later by RCBS)and the trickler for $4.27. I also have a RCBS deburring tool with a sticker for $1.00 that is not in the picture.

2011-08-04_10-14-04_717.jpg

I called RCBS today to see about getting the cutter sharpened for the trimmer or buying a replacement and they are just sending me a brand new one for free. They are also receiving my 30-06 dies from my father and will be doing a inspect/repair or replace since I found the smallest piece of rust inside the full size die.

Re: Reloading on the Cheap

I have my grandfathers stuff I learned on in the 50's, then added to those an updated some in the 70's. It all works better today, than it did back then. Some of the newer stuff is better and some is worst, compared. I've moved back to casting most of my 500yd an under stuff. Nothing like making/shooting your own that just yesterday was a wheel weight you picked up from the parking lot. Best is when you stack them into the same hole in the berm, retrieve and recycle time an time again.

Neat collection. I have an old Ohaus 10-10 scale that still works like a champ.

I also have a Ohaus Du-o-Measure powder dispenser but I use the electronic charge master so it's in the closet for nostalgia sake. My press is his old RCBS press as well.

I wish I was into this when he was doing it so many years ago, it would have been nice to share this with him then. I was to stupid and "knew it all" back then to care

"the OHAUS Scale ...(bought later by RCBS)"

Not quite. Ohaus has been a high grade scale maker for decades. They sell to RCBS and others but they do not belong to their customers.