• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading the 50 BMG with Barnes 750 Solids

Bandit320

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2018
Missouri
Is anyone reloading this combo? The reloading data I have from Barnes lists a COAL of 5.450”. If I loaded it to that length it would put the driving band below the neck / shoulder junction, which doesn’t seem real smart. I loaded a couple up to where the driving band is right at the edge of the case mouth. This gives me a COAL of about 6.030”.

Does this sound about right? They chamber well, no resistance.

My rifle is a Noreen ULR. These bullets were a gift so I’m just trying a couple to start.

I would not burn up two dollars in powder and pop a 50 cent primer and do load development in a 50 just because I got some free bullets.

I would sell those bullets and get the bullet I actually wanted to shoot for an application in which reloading is this costly in terms of components.

Last edited:
Reactions: 375fan and st1650
better advice is in another recent thread: throw 236 grains of RL50 in a case with a CCI35 or RWS primer, and load a 750 AMAX to about 6" (I can measure for you later, I forget the exact COAL) - if that load doesn't shoot lights out in your gun...

Reactions: Bandit320