• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 AAC-SD Pic Thread

Here is mine. I've only had it out once so far, but I like it!

6evupura.jpg

jagyre5e.jpg

I have added the B&C stock since I shot the groups above. Looking forward to getting it out again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey guys, new precision shooter here over the past year, and throwing up a pic of my Rem 700 Varmint. Been shooting this rig for about 3 months now and absolutely love the rifle. I added some simple and effective bolt ons, but other than that the rifle is completely stock. So far with my 168smk hand loads, my best grouping to date is an .830" @ 200 meters. I actually can shoot a bit tighter than this, but I keep shooting novice fliers, so still trying to enhance a better trigger pull. I've added a B&C Medalist Tactical stock, Sightron SIII 8-32X56, and a Kahntrol brake. LOVE that brake, I can shoot 60+ rounds and only some very mild shoulder pain at the end of the day.

I don't know what more you could wish for accuracy wise from any rifle .... I was hoping for decent accuracy and got that and some. This is a true sub MOA 1/4 MOA rifle. The 1:10 AAC barrel
matched to the proven 700 Action I am absolutely delighted with it. I did go to town on everything other than the barrelled action and have made this rifle everything I've ever wanted in a hunting outfit.

A rifle Basix trigger at 2.5lb.
A TSE spiral break.
A HS precision Pro stock and Bottom metal kit.
A Larue 20 MOA base
In this Photo Night force rings ( Now replaced with Larue SPR-S QD)
A Leupold VXR Patrol 3-9x40 ( Alternating with a NF NXS )
Tab Gear sling and stock pack.
Cerakoated in Mag Pull fade dark earth.

Thats 5 x 168g SMK @ 2790fps @ 100

In the Field where it was made to be

Last edited:
Haven't posted much on here and am relatively new to this type of shooting, but here's what I've been working on the last two years:

uploadfromtaptalk1398045011165.jpg

Remington 700 AAC SSD
.308win - 20" barrel
B&C Medalist Adjustable Tactical Stock
Badger Ordinance Bottom Metal
Leupold Mark 4 LRT 4.5-14x50mm
Leupold Mark 4 Tactical rails and rings.
Vortex scope level
Surefire SF762MB Brake
Harris Bipod 6-9"
Timney #501 trigger - crisp 2lbs
PTG Speedlock Aluminum Firing Pin Assembly
Badger Ordinance Tactical bolt knob

I shoot my own version of FGMM, 175gr SMK, pushed by 42.5gr of IMR 8208xbr at roughly 2550fps mv. Groups well under an inch at a 100 yards, and has been tested out to 800 yards effectively.

This project has certainly been a learning experience as I've done the work myself between the actual rifle build to finding the round it likes the best.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Boiler Up ..... Top pick up mate , you are spot on sorry , That more like what I get from my 7mag with 168g , I will edit that right now :rolleyes:

Aac-sd

Nothing special... B&C Medalist stock, DNZ 20 MOA mount, Trijicon Accupoint 5-20, AAC SDN-6, Wyatt's DM setup (not shown)

I shamefully admit that I haven't shot it enough to really be able to report any groups.

Attachments

• IMG_20130728_175539_686.jpg
    IMG_20130728_175539_686.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408638709.467692.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408638738.035509.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408639030.057709.jpg

20" AAC-SD in an AICS. Timney flat trigger. Nightforce Beast & 20 MOA rail. ARC rings.

Last edited:
Why are all of you guys playing with your 20" sticks... 16.5 is soooo much more fun!
These were taken when i had MOST of the parts in hand

30mbqdv.jpg

zlc4ti.jpg

AAC-SD 223 16.5"
AICS 2.0
Seekins 20moa
AAC 51T Flash Supressor
Timney Trigger
PCR Phoenix Bolt Knob
ARC M10 Rings
Bushnell 3.5-21x50 H59

This thing HATES the 55gr bulk reloads that i had on hand when i took it to the range this morning. I'm talking 4-5" at 100 yards. Waiting for my FGMM to come in hopefully friday...

Do you happen to know what that set up weighs in at? I am looking to do the same thing with my 308 I just picked up as a project build. trying to stay around 10lbs with optic, bipod etc.

I have already completely changed that setup to a Cadex Dual Strike and Steiner scope. I was very disappointed with the Bushnell and dumped that first. I'll have pics up soon on the new product