• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 "m24" Identification Question

mikeblake

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2023
Nevada
Wondering if anyone could give more insight into this build https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/1038480233 It looks to be a SA from the photos, and m24s are LA. Does anyone perhaps more insight into it? Much appreciated. Looks to also be a 2008 serial number if I'm not mistaken.

Serial number is C6873609

It's a clone, not authentic. Short action, lacking markings on both the receiver and barrel. Etc... etc...

I contacted the seller several times. They are aware. If you won this, contact them and they will void the purchase without leaving a bad transaction review for you.

They have to rely on the consigner's word a lot of times, and people will try to sell BS stories all the time. Sucks when it happens.

Reactions: mikeblake
That's what I got from it, I appreciate it. I was bidding on my phone, and got home and it looked really off.

I have some Rem 700 VS's with close serial numbers -C68624xx; C68528xx that i purchased from Bill Hicks Comany in about 1994.
Very accurate rifles.