• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem 700 Who does a Side Receiver Bolt release?

mavrick10_2000

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Just like the subject says. I want a Huber trigger, but I have a stock Rem 700 action. I'd like to know of any smiths that perform this modification.

If I assume GAP, and APA (Jered) do this would I be correct?

Re: Rem 700 Who does a Side Receiver Bolt release?

Thanks for the info. I'll wait until I get my new Manners stock before sending it off to George and Team.

The GAP one looks pretty sharp, thought about sending my XCR LR in for this mod since the bolt release is a PITA to hit while in the AICS stock

I have seen some older 40x's that were converted with a small pull knob always thoguht that looked like hammered hell

Is that a product that somebody makes or sells? Can a gunsmith buy the release and install it, or are each of those bolt stops their own design ?

There are parts out there. But I'm not sure where to find them. Might want to check Brownell's - then again they might be more of a custom part.

I would think it is a custom part, GAP does it prolly on a daily basis so I am sure they can do it right, better to send it to someone who knows what they are doing instead of someone who will be learning what they are doing on your action.