• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rem700 AAC-SD loads?

I'm trying some loads next time at the range. Worked up a ladder load, going up .5 grains starting at 42 and ending at 44.5 of varget with a 175 SMK HPBT with CCI primers and Federal brass.

I'm trying some loads next time at the range. Worked up a ladder load, going up .5 grains starting at 42 and ending at 44.5 of varget with a 175 SMK HPBT with CCI primers and Federal brass.

I did the same in .3 grains, up to 45.2 and wound up with a couple of sweet spots. The most consistent being:

175SMK
44.2 Varget
CCI BR2
Federal brass

Good luck with the ladder.

Anyone shooting the 16.5? I picked up a 16.5 currently waiting for glass. Once my scope gets in i will start the load testing.

Last edited:
I did the same in .3 grains, up to 45.2 and wound up with a couple of sweet spots. The most consistent being:

175SMK
44.2 Varget
CCI BR2
Federal brass

Good luck with the ladder.

I'm hoping I can find a group that's well with those and go up or down from that by smaller increments

175 SMK
43.3 Varget
Fed. 210m
Lapua Brass
Shoots around 2,550 fps.

Also working on a load with rl-17 and 208 AMAX. I will post results as soon as I get them.

Same Rifle, my best load

Lapua Brass (fireformed, neck turned, ...)
Hornady 178 A-Max
IMR 40,4gn 4064
BR-2 or Fed GMM

Extremely changing results due to the crappy stock.
One Day one hole, the other day 1 MOA or even worse...
I ordered the AX AICS chassis and hope for consistent results...

Greetings from the black forrest (Germany)

Blast

I know what you mean for the stock. I just changed mine out and noticed a huge difference in comfort and group consistency.

If I do my part I can get just over .25 MOA with 175g FGMM. Still trying to nail a clone of that one. My best and consistent load is:

168g AMAX
42.0g of RL-15
Fed brass and Fed210m primer
Fully sized
2.800 OAL

Gives me 1/3 MOA all day.

Unknown velocity...I expect somewhere between 2400-2500...I am gonna try to get to the next node.

I was finding good results on paper to two hundred yards using 175 SMK's and 43 gr varget going as long as I could using a magazine. Then on a whim I tried a load test starting at 36.3 gr.

I saw two inch drop at one hundred yards but got groups of 1/2" MOA. Much better than the .75 to 1" groups I was getting with the hotter loads. I am no sniper by any means but if just shooting paper I get better results with a lighter load.

I loaded some 178 AMAX and 175 SMK's for my AAC SD 20" and shot them yesterday and I was very happy with the results. I had sub MOA results at 100 yards with every round. I have not had an opportunity to chronograph them yet but I hope they are above 2500 fps as I would like to use them for farther distance.

Load data
178 AMAX / 175 SMK (loaded with the same specs below)
IMR 4064 41.7 Grains
LC10 with factory primer (these where pulled brass from wideners so I rednecked the brass before reloading)
COAL - 2.80

Up until now I have been shooting Hornady 168 HPBT Match factory loads in this rifle (20 round chrono avg - 2547fps) with sub MOA results at 100 yards. I use this rifle for hunting as well with the farthest deer I have taken was at 343 yards with the 168's.

The rifle is currently set up with a B&C M40 clone stock, Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24 MOA scope, stock trigger (which will be the next upgrade)

My aac-sd must have been built on a Monday by the guy with a terrible hangover. 2 moa is the best it would do with 6 different bullets and 3 powders, along with a bedded hs stock and jewel trigger upgrade. I gave up and re barreled it. 3/8 moa now.

Here's where I found the sweet spot with my 20" AAC-SD:

Sierra 175SMK
Hornady Match brass
45.4 grains Varget
Winchester LR primer
Loaded to 2.925" COAL (well beyond magazine length, but about 5 thousandths off the lands).

No pressure signs at that load, but I'm sure it has a lot to do with the obscenely long COAL.

For mag length loads, the only change was 44.4 grains of Varget instead of 45.4. In both cases, I was seeing approx. 2600FPS without my can attached.

Last edited:
Here's where I found the sweet spot with my 20" AAC-SD:

Sierra 175SMK
Hornady Match brass
45.4 grains Varget
Winchester LR primer
Loaded to 2.925" COAL (well beyond magazine length, but about 5 thousandths off the lands).

No pressure signs at that load, but I'm sure it has a lot to do with the obscenely long COAL.

For mag length loads, the only change was 44.4 grains of Varget instead of 45.4. In both cases, I was seeing approx. 2600FPS without my can attached.

OCW? How did they group? I am waiting on a scope. Then load development time.

OCW? How did they group? I am waiting on a scope. Then load development time.

OCW?

Mag length was about .75" at 100 yards, with 2.925 with 45.5 being about .4 inch. 44.4 at 2.925 grouped well, also, but I wanted the velocity increase.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

Optimal Charge Weight test. OCW. Varies powder chargers.

Never heard of it. I just load up a bunch of ammo and jump up .1-.3 grains every few (usually 5-6) rounds, mark the cases, and go shoot groups. I pick 1 or 2 winners, load up some ammo off that, and shoot some more. If the results look good, I stick with it.

Still doing little tweeks but
178 amax
45g varget
Hornady match brass

Then 175 smk
45g varget
Hornady match brass

Still tweaking if I can get rid of my one flier have 1/4"
Groups all day but with the flier still sub 1/2 moa

Still doing little tweeks but
178 amax
45g varget
Hornady match brass

Then 175 smk
45g varget
Hornady match brass

Still tweaking if I can get rid of my one flier have 1/4"
Groups all day but with the flier still sub 1/2 moa

Chances are the flier is you. I know that's what my problem was for a while when I was doing load development.

Never heard of it. I just load up a bunch of ammo and jump up .1-.3 grains every few (usually 5-6) rounds, mark the cases, and go shoot groups. I pick 1 or 2 winners, load up some ammo off that, and shoot some more. If the results look good, I stick with it.

That, my friend, is pretty much an OCW test. Lol.

Chances are the flier is you. I know that's what my problem was for a while when I was doing load development.

Yeah it was I'd upload a pic but I can't get my photobucket to work, but got .37 moa group and a .45 moa group today

I have my ACC-SD with Rock Creek 5R Match grade barrel 26"

45g BLC-2
175g Berger LTBT trim and pointed
COAL 2.84
2700 fps

10 shot group I shoot this weekend with flyers
BLC.jpg

How does Blc-2 measure? Well enough for an auto powder measure? I am getting tired of weighing every charge of stick powder.

Has any one tried any heavier bullets? With a 1-10 barrel I would be curious how heavy it would handle?

i have shot 208 a maxs out of my 1 in 12 308. there is just not enough powder space in a 308 to take advantage of those heavy bullets without being really hard on your brass and rifle.

Been experimenting with IMR 4064 with good results.
Best load: 1/2", 4-shot group at 100yrds with TBAC 30P-1 suppressor

FGMM once-fired brass, trimmed to 2.005"
Flash hole deburred and pockets already seemed uniform.
210M
168gr Amax
~2.84"COL, 2.215" to ogive
42.5grs IMR4064
Approx 2450FPS, single digit SD
Depending on environmental conditions, 5.5MIL to 600yrds.

Bangs steel consistently and easily out to 600yrds, makes chucks explode and puts deer meat in the freezer.

Last edited: