• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remember Pearl Harbor

Parallax

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2007
Waushara County, Wisconsin
PearlHarbor.jpg

Ashland Daily Press (Ashland, Wisconsin)

Re: Remember Pearl Harbor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PearlHarbor.jpg

Ashland Daily Press (Ashland, Wisconsin)</div></div>

+1 couldnt have said it any better

Both my Grandfather and my uncle were there.
They lived,later both brought Marines ashore in the Pacific.
Then went to Normandy. Did I say they were <span style="font-weight: bold">LUCKY</span>?

May we never forget this day of infamy.
Nor forget the sacrifices of those that served,
in any nation of the Allies.

They started a fight...We finished it. As far as I am concerned, anyone feeling apologetic about the bombs is a yellow-bellied namby-pamby pansy-ass liberal moron with a traitorous streak.

I live in a very small town. today I took a WW2 vet to his doctor appointment, then picked up my wife and took her and the Vet to the ceremony at the memorial in front of our courthouse.
There were just us three and one other vet, an Army Nurse from WW2 before they were actually IN the military.
Of course the VFW did a great salute and memorial.
My father served in WW2 in the Pacific, as did my uncle and aunt (Navy).
Dec 7th is never missed in our family, and we revere and remember our fallen.
The price of Freedom is dear, indeed.

Dec. 7th 1941 a day that sadly no longer lives in infamy.

Tomorrow is the anniversary my grandfather joined the army. He gave them hell in the pacific and went back for Korea. My grandmother was a 'Rosie'and built planes. He's passed on now, but it always broke his heart seeing everyone driving around Jap/Korean cars. Financial dependency on Asia is the worst defeat this country could ever be handed.

I will always support America and our manufacturing industry.

Imagine 40 years from now everyone driving around Bin Laden Motor Co. cars.

I watch the history channel special on it every year and just finished watching it today.

A few things strike me but the most interesting and telling is how we don't learn from our past. Leading up the the PH attack our leadership and the people who are supposed to be on the ball, completely dropped the ball. Just like many of the other attacks we've experienced, we knew about them before hand but due to incompetence and/or laziness (complacency) / political correctness we failed to act in time.

I'm not sure about political correctness or laziness/incompetence.Radar was in it's infancy,wasn't trusted and functionality suffered.Japans Ambassadors to the US also continued to say that Japan was going to negotiate a political settlement.A real good book on the subject,"Flyboys"by James Bradley,author of "flags of our fathers",goes along way to explain events up to Pearl Harbor.Pearl Harbor was definately a sucker punch,God Bless the Men and women involved in that tragedy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrassy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure about political correctness or laziness/incompetence.Radar was in it's infancy,wasn't trusted and functionality suffered.Japans Ambassadors to the US also continued to say that Japan was going to negotiate a political settlement.A real good book on the subject,"Flyboys"by James Bradley,author of "flags of our fathers",goes along way to explain events up to Pearl Harbor.Pearl Harbor was definately a sucker punch,God Bless the Men and women involved in that tragedy. </div></div>

I might be adding a little of my own views and bias into that but check out the History channel's special on it and you might see where I'm coming from.