• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 541-T serial number?

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I got a Remington 541-T in to do a transfer for a buddy of mine but I can't find a serial number on it. Anyone know where to look?

Re: Remington 541-T serial number?

Sometimes it's on the bottom of the barrel in front of the stock. The 541 I had years ago had it on the left side I think just above the wood. Maybe it's stamped low and below the wood. Also, before either late 50's or early 60's there was not a requirement for 22's to have a SN. There are alot of older guns with out them. Donald

My 541 T HB has it on the left side of the receiver. Also has it on the bolt itself.

+1 to no S/N possibility.

I have a 1936 DOM Rem 41 that has no serial number. It was entered in my book as "Pre GCA 68 No S/N"

Under the "notes" section I noted that the original owner scrawled his initials on the inside of the stock.

Remington 541's were made in the 80's & 90's. It has a serial number, or should.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wareagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Remington 541's were made in the 80's & 90's. It has a serial number, or should. </div></div>

In that case it'd better have an S/N or the OP needs to "find" the S/N for the sake of this thread and not sell the rifle.