• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 5R Milspec

Bamafan

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
Charlotte, NC USA
Here is my Remington 5R Milspec. It is been Duracoated in Combat Black and fitted with a custom muzzle brake. The scope is a Luepold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm LR/T M1 with the TM Reticle. The next upgrade will be the installation of a McMillian A5 Stock and a new trigger.

DSC_0567-Version2.jpg

DSC_0568-Version2.jpg

Re: Remington R5 Milspec

I currently have about 100 rounds through it and none since the brake was installed. Hope to get it out to the range in the near future. Am open to recommendations since I am new to this.

45.0 grain of Varget in Win brass at 2.80 or mag. length. Watch for pressure. The is a type of "FGMM" load in my opinion...works in almost any gun very well.

My 5R shoots a 175 SMK over 44.1 gr of Varget from a Winchester case using a CCI BR primer better than I can hold it. .5 MOA easily. Wish it looked as good as yours! How does the break help with recoil? Did you have a before and after comparison? TJR

At the moment, I don't have a comparison. I have not shot it since the brake was installed. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Re: Remington 5R Milspec

Finally got my 5R out to the range. Muzzle brake works real well.

First target was shot Wednesday, March 17th. 5 Shot Group, 100 yards, 175 grain Federal Match King.

DSC_0781-Version2.jpg

2nd target was shot Saturday, March 20th. Two five shot groups 30 minutes apart. 100 yards, 168 Federal Match King.

DSC_0780.jpg

The shot by itself was the 1st shot of the 1st string. Group on the left is the rest of the string.

I bought my R5 in December and I love this rifle. It is, by far the most accurate out of box rifle I have ever had. I am making a 1/2in hole out of a 10-15 round group. it is just an amazing rifle.

I am using a suppressor, 180gn hornady sst, 45gn varget, but it does not seem to matter the bullet or powder, it is just a monster... very slick rifle. I like how you have the black duracote, I think I will hold off on painting until camp perry.