• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

I hope this deal works out...I just missed a great one on a Badger in the for-sale section here!
cry.gif

I'm going to keep checking back on this. Seems like a great deal and I want in on it!

I'm getting my inlet situation all squared away, It should be taken care of soon.

To all concerned:

First: I was not piling on anyone nor pointing a finger because a concerned member pointed out possible legal concerns. We are to few for that kind of behavior. The legal issues were valid points that needed to be addressed. There are plenty of silent readers on this site that could have made the call to AU.

Second: Rather that trying to import a lot and distribute this group buy will be set up so payment is made to the manufacture and parts will be sent to the individual consumer.

Third: Currently working on time and numerical limits!!!!! It looks like SA and LA Remmies will be available for this group buy.

Fourth: IF All things go well, Expect to see a Group buy posting around Sept 15, 2011 on these

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the time I exchanged a few emails with Australian DOD, and a few phone calls to ATF...
Silly me for thinking exporting stuff was a pain in the ass

Good luck.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

You sure taught that guy a lesson......good job
2uj477k.jpg
</div></div>

+1

I just got an Email from Colin at Atlas Worx he said the LA version is now done with the R&D and testing and he is taking orders

As MW150 said the LA are a go and they will be part of the GB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whats wrong here?

People are piling on my back because I pointed out the possibility that they may be breaking a law or two.
Apparently the fact that there are laws in Australia that regulate the export of firearms parts, and for the import of them into the US don't amount to much if you can save some money... </div></div>

It's completely legal to import a firearm part (granted it's not a barrel, receiver, etc.) if it's valued under $100. As for Australian law, I really couldn't care less, I live here in America.

Trying to get this back on track, home on r and r for a few more days. Colin emailed me a few days ago and said second batch is done for SA. I ordered one finally..
Waiting on the LA version.
I hope all is legal and legit, not trying to bypass atf or others, just saw what I felt was a good deal and wanted to pass it on.
I hope all that got them are satisfied and that this did not break any laws.

Good luck, Thanks again for the pictures and info I couln=dnt get relayed..
Take Care

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mlh29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to get this back on track, home on r and r for a few more days. Colin emailed me a few days ago and said second batch is done for SA. I ordered one finally..
Waiting on the LA version.
I hope all is legal and legit, not trying to bypass atf or others, just saw what I felt was a good deal and wanted to pass it on.
I hope all that got them are satisfied and that this did not break any laws.

Good luck, Thanks again for the pictures and info I couln=dnt get relayed..
Take Care </div></div>

He has a LA. I recieved mine a little over a week ago.

Any of you guys with after market stocks have them inletted yet?

I'll be picking one up here soon and will have it inletted into a Manners T4 that I have. I'll let you know how it goes, but if someone wants a template (i.e. like Badger does), just trace the thing, measure twice and cut/grind gently.

Rich

why would you buy anything other than Badger Marty's stuff is proven to work and there shop is very helpful on what ever you need if its not broken dont fix it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike#9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why would you buy anything other than Badger Marty's stuff is proven to work and there shop is very helpful on what ever you need if its not broken dont fix it </div></div>

I think that the biggest draw is that this option is less than 1/3 the cost of a Badger M5.

I'll be watching this closely also. I have avoided a DBM purchase due to cost and will be all over a less than $100 DBM. Still can't justify it for $200+. And of course, a new player with a better price for an established product always stirs up some dust. It will settle. Bring on the GB!

I'd jump in on a group by.

The price is probably why everyone is looking, reliability will show if it's worth it. I do think DBM's are the most overpriced upgrade. Badger, Seekins, CDI are top notch, and you pay for that proven reliability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that the biggest draw is that this option is less than 1/3 the cost of a Badger M5. </div></div>

Saving a bit of money is great, but I wonder about service. Badger Ordnance has always been excellent to me. I have misplaced parts and when I inquired about the best way to purchase them they simply sent them my way free of charge. I wonder if the same service can be expected from Atlas? How easy and how long will it take to get service from Australia?

Of course maybe at their price point some are willing to put those questions aside. Personally I am always willing to pay a bit extra to be taken care- no questions asked. Accidents happen.

Lastly, I agree bottom metal is very over priced considering it is a machined piece of metal with few (one?) moving parts. At the same time though- this isn’t exactly a cheap past time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonely_Wolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that the biggest draw is that this option is less than 1/3 the cost of a Badger M5. </div></div>

Saving a bit of money is great, but I wonder about service. Badger Ordnance has always been excellent to me. I have misplaced parts and when I inquired about the best way to purchase them they simply sent them my way free of charge. I wonder if the same service can be expected from Atlas? How easy and how long will it take to get service from Australia?

Of course maybe at their price point some are willing to put those questions aside. Personally I am always willing to pay a bit extra to be taken care- no questions asked. Accidents happen.

Lastly, I agree bottom metal is very over priced considering it is a machined piece of metal with few (one?) moving parts. At the same time though- this isn’t exactly a cheap past time.
</div></div>

There aren't exactly a lot of part to "misplace" or break on DBM's. Yeah, I guess it's possible, but again, given that this one is less than 1/3 the cost of a Badger M5 and about half the cost of CDI's DBM, I think many people are willing to take that level of risk.

For what it's worth, the only DBM's I have (not including some AICS stocks) are CDI.

I don't have another rifle that can use a DBM, but if I did, I'd be willing to give this one a try for the price.

My stock and DBM are on their way to GAP right now, and I'll let you know when I get it back. I'm pretty excited about this.

I got two of them in the mail today. I will let you know after I get them installed. I have to get both stocks inletted.

How long has it taken yall to get yours after ordering? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

Group buy still happening?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonely_Wolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jtb33 said:
I wonder if the same service can be expected from Atlas? How easy and how long will it take to get service from Australia? </div></div>

Service from Australia isn't my concern. I've purchased enough stuff from down under to be confident in the delivery. I'm not really concerned about service or support either. If the product is good to go from the start, I'm not too worried about breaking it. That leaves the one question: is this product good? I'm thinking for $100 it's worth the gamble.

Couldn't wait for the GB and picked one up. Anyone have a good source for mags?

I couldn't wait either - ordered one and received email from Colin within an hour. He said the group buy was close. Triad for the mags!

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative *UPDATE

thats what I'm for...anyone contact them to see if its in production?

OK HERE IS THE DEAL: Just got reply from Colin today----Group Buy is a go!!!! I will post an ad in the morning in Group buy section..

Hide Member will get a good price .....

To ensure import laws are not brought into question -- This will be individual sales between Hide Members and the Company .

A list will be posted and the GB will run from 9-16 thru 9-30 2011

Colin will be updated on the list so he will be expecting orders from those posted.

BE advised these pieces are made in small batches and once this uses up current inventory There will be some waiting.

Final Details on contacting info and procedures are being worked out.

Thank You and Good Hunting!!

I gues syou guys have decided this is a good product. My wie just told me mine sa version was delivered today. Told you guys about this and then ended up waiting on another batch as when I called Colin all were sold.
I am looking into a mag for this, to run 308 in, need suggestions..
Cant wait to get home and put something together..

Good Luck

I'm a little confused about mags myself, since this would be my first DBM. What is the difference between AI, Alpha, AICS etc.? Which mags would work for this and/or the Badger DBM's too?

Honestly just looking for a reasonable priced mag. I have never really dealt with the AI mags or alpha. My previous dbm wer eal HS. I got sick of them and switched to steel bdl replacements, badger m4, sunny hill, dakota and pTG areon all my rifles now.
I am leaning towards the alpha ver 2 mags for 308.. but honestly want 5 rd mags as well as a couple of 10 rd ones.
I have noticed c products are making mags for ai compatability? Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

COfox, the mags are all basically the same. all should work with either bottom metal. Most are using Ai or alpha on here. The alphas are available without the coal restrictive insert. Ai need to have it removed to run a coal over 2.8 ish length. I am sure more can shim ein as my main exp is with HS dbm setups

The cproducts work ok but they have very loose tolerances, so you dont get as good of a mag set as you do with the alphas or the AI.

Kytrapper: did you post this group buy? Any word/status upate? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK HERE IS THE DEAL: Just got reply from Colin today----Group Buy is a go!!!! I will post an ad in the morning in Group buy section..

Hide Member will get a good price .....

To ensure import laws are not brought into question -- This will be individual sales between Hide Members and the Company .

A list will be posted and the GB will run from 9-16 thru 9-30 2011

Colin will be updated on the list so he will be expecting orders from those posted.

BE advised these pieces are made in small batches and once this uses up current inventory There will be some waiting.

Final Details on contacting info and procedures are being worked out.

Thank You and Good Hunting!!

</div></div>

GROUPBUY POSTED: Atlasworxs Trigger gaurds 9-16 thru 9-30

Ordered one of each. Lets get some real world feedback on these suckers.

Who has tested there's ???

Waiting to get word from GAP...

Put over a hundred rounds thru mine, no problems yet. Will be using it alot this hunting season too. So then I will see how it holds up in the mississippi pines and swamps. (a minimum of 3 times a week.)

I just picked up an AI mag for mine at Mile High Shooting Accessories this afternoon and it fit like a glove. I then dropped off my rifle, barrel and this bottom metal at my smith...will have to wait until early December for a report from me. Let the wait begin.

Tag. Got one one order.

Thanks for the post!!!!! Great Pics marctolate!!!!

snp81076- Any inletting issues care to post pic of it installed? thanks

Can anyone answer the question that keeps popping up ....Will these accept the .338 lm Magazine???/ Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone answer the question that keeps popping up ....Will these accept the .338 lm Magazine???/ Thank you</div></div>

I have the 300 RUM and was told I would have to use the 338LM mag, and according to Colin it will work. I have not bought the mag yet, but will be doing so here shortly.

Thanks furtaker!!!! Pm to WEASE