• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shay, you are doing alot of work checking into this. Great work. Are you sure your not part of this company.....LOL </div></div>

LOL, a 16 year old kid living in Michigan working for a company in Australia... It would be nice to work for a company like this, but sadly, I'm not.

I just figure I can help some people out with passing on the info.

I sent them a message and asked if they were gonna put some more on ebay FS, but have'nt heard anything back....I fought off the urge to buy enough to the point that when I returned to buy, they were all sold!!

Shay, do you know if they are gonna do another run of em or...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I sent them a message and asked if they were gonna put some more on ebay FS, but have'nt heard anything back....I fought off the urge to buy enough to the point that when I returned to buy, they were all sold!!

Shay, do you know if they are gonna do another run of em or...? </div></div>

They will be doing another run, not sure when, but they will be more expensive I think. I'll get back to you on that.

I figured they'd be more expensive!! Shit! See what you get for trying to "Reason" with youself about compulsive spending!

That's why I went and bought it, since I thought the price might go up after I bought one.

Ok, the standard action screws should work. I got some pics, and I'm working on getting them uploaded.

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal *new pics*

IMG_0237.jpg

AW0038-B-2.jpg

Some new ones.

I cant wait for mine to get here too..

Yeah, they look nice, ready for the next batch to be made up.

Good job Shay taking the lead on info for these..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, they look nice, ready for the next batch to be made up.

Good job Shay taking the lead on info for these.. </div></div>

No problem. Members on this site have helped me out a lot, and I'd like to return the favor.

Tag. This is perfect timing...I'm looking to buy a DBM now too and I also feel $300+ is ridiculous. Nice find!

Hey guys, I wish I could have been more help on this. I hope the items work out for everyone, If I werew not deployed to Afghanistan I would have bought one to test. Let me know how it all works out... Hell I coulndnt even get the pics he sent me to open on my gov comp. Take care

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mlh29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I wish I could have been more help on this. I hope the items work out for everyone, If I werew not deployed to Afghanistan I would have bought one to test. Let me know how it all works out... Hell I coulndnt even get the pics he sent me to open on my gov comp. Take care </div></div>

Damn mlh29, you were the one that first posted it up here huh....easy to forget cause shay took it and ran
laugh.gif
. Understandable you couldnt get much research and all done ont the gov computer.

Thanks for the heads up and stay safe in Afghanistan and thanks for your service!!

MLH29, Take Care of business!!!! God Speed!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mlh29</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I wish I could have been more help on this. I hope the items work out for everyone, If I werew not deployed to Afghanistan I would have bought one to test. Let me know how it all works out... Hell I coulndnt even get the pics he sent me to open on my gov comp. Take care </div></div>

Thanks for posting this, sure helped a few memebers out. I'm glad I got involved in it.

Godspeed my friend.

Tag for interest in these!! Hopefully other companies which shall remain nameless will see these and and have to drop their prices to compete...(I know its a huge dream)!!!

Shay, I am assuming by the pictures you have one in hand. How does it compare overall, It looks nice so far. Also wondering if there is room for the Heavy duty grade 5/8 socket head cap screws in 1/4 x 20 to secire to action. Or is ther neough material to machine to fit these? Let me know, trying to get on eordered soon... Take care guys keep me updated Thanks

Interesting possiblities...Another example of the Hide at work!!

keep us posted !!!

I contacted Atlasworxs and ordered one from the next batch coming out...I cant remember if shay mentioned but, they are making a run on a LA one right now and I was told that they were gonna send them out to a few dealers for testing and all, then they would be up for sale.

That chassis looks good. On the DBM, it would be great if someone with experience in group buys could arrange that direct to the company. I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to get 100 buyers, if the price is right. Please be sure to post a review of how yours (OP) turned out. You may be on to something, and yes it will be appreciated!

Guys, Just got an email from Colin at atlas works. He said he has more available, SA, Will have LA soon. I dont have good enough comp access to arrange any volume buys, I would bet the y would be receptive to this. Looks like they focus on one product at a time and do batches of each as demand demands. Really interested in the LA version. Going to get a SA ordered soon... Have to give my wife the info as PAYpal and ebay are not accesible on the NIPR....

I hope all this turns out well for everyone... And doesnt effect people like HOOPER etc who are site vendors.. But like many I am trying to pinch pennies and keep playing with the toys...
Also a side note, I will be needing AI or equiv mags, what is a good vendor for them??

A group buy would be a great idea and I think Colin @ Atlasworx would go for it, however,I dont have any expierence with setting one up. I have ordered one and sent him my payment but if I knew how to go about setting a GB up I would...

Maybe someone will chime in...

I've never been involved in group buys, so I don't know how it would play out...

Well... Keep your fingers crossed.. I asked for a group buy for the Hide members... If Colin at atlas works goes with what I asked for it will be a good deal.. Keep your fingers crossed...

My bottom metal was shipped... I'll keep you guys updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what screws are needed? </div></div>

Far as I am aware, its the standard Bottom Metal screws.

I've been in contact with them about working on one for Savage. Depending on how it goes may have one for those!

Well, I was told that it would only be a few days now until it showed up... and my stock is going to be here thursday... awesome

I spoke with them this morning, they said they have the Long action. Same price, I ordered it. He said it should be shipped early next week.

I too will post an update.

I'm not certain, but doesn't APLHA offer LA mags?

I'm not too sure yet. I'm looking around for local smiths, but I'm probably going to have SAC do it.

How much material do you typically need to remove for dbm bottom metal? Once you've done it would it prevent going back to the hinged magazine, aside for aesthetic issues?

I have to tell you, these guys are great with there communications. It sounds like he might be up for a group buy. I had mentioned it to him. I cannot wait to get mine. It also sounds like he is going to stand behind his products as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to tell you, these guys are great with there communications. It sounds like he might be up for a group buy. I had mentioned it to him. I cannot wait to get mine. It also sounds like he is going to stand behind his products as well. </div></div>

Yeah, Colin has great communication, and is a great guy. A group buy would be nice.

Mine needs to show up... my stock came today, and this is the last component I need...

I had American Precision Arms in Jefferson, GA do mine and the quality is second to none. Plus if you give them your 5R for an upgrade, you get very honest answers about what will help and what won't. They are not the cheapest, but what they do is RIGHT.