• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal *new pics*

That is one sweet DBM. I cannot wait to get mine. Now to locate my mags, get ready to have the stock inleted. Do I do the H.S. precision? Or get a manners or McMillian?

Looks great. I can't wait to hear the feedback, hopefully everything will go smooth with no function issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snp81076</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine just arrived, now to break out the dremmel. </div></div>

so, are you gonna do us a step-by-step with pics on this dremmel job?...

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

i am going to order one on monday. maybe two if i can find out what mags it uses and if i can get a 223 mag???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShamrockIV278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am going to order one on monday. maybe two if i can find out what mags it uses and if i can get a 223 mag??? </div></div>

Which bottom metal are you referring to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert Hode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good stuff.
Check out the RD-BMT metal at the bottom.

http://www.rdprecision.net/parts2.html</div></div>

I have this in his SA. And I am here to tell you, his product is the shit. High quality, his customer service is top notch. I will gladly purchas his product again.

I bought this from Colin for the simple fact that I like the price, and for that price it is worth a try. It too looks high quality, and his customer service has been awesome. So we have two great products and two great people to deal with.

Only downfall to Colin's is it does not come with the mag. But don't let that discourage you.

49665ee6.jpg

2d8ebf27.jpg

This is my factory stock. I went with it first since it is all plastic,and would be easier than my other stock. (Cheaper too) I had to go real slow and test fit often. Also had to be careful and not set it to deep where the screws would come in contact with bolt. Now i just need my mags to arrive or my buddy let me borrow one.

How about trimming the screws off so the bottom metal would fit stock flush? Would that have worked?

Got mine today. I really like it, can't wait to get the stock inletted.

Thanks for the update Shay- Let me know if there is anything you don't like about it ( don't want to do a GB if there is a problem with them).....I Think that the GB will take place Soon!!!!!!How many would be in???

I can't find anything I dislike about mine, so far it is excellent. Machining and quality is great.

These look great, has anyone heard any updates on when more will be available? I would love to get my hands on one!

Colin said he had a batch of them going out next week and over half of those are already sold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShamrockIV278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no way to set it deeper??

anybody put one in an aftermarket stock?
</div></div>

I'm workin on that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShamrockIV278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no way to set it deeper??

anybody put one in an aftermarket stock?
</div></div>

I'm workin on that...</div></div>

Work faster. I want to see one of these and see how it fits.

I need to find a smith that will inlet it, and I need to get a mag to test it.

Someone send that man a mag - if I had one I would have sent it, but I only have bdl bottom metal at the moment - hence the desire for a dbm...

I do have a chisel I can send if that will help with the inletting part
laugh.gif

I put a mag in it today. It looked like when it is flush the mag will be just right with the reciever. Will have to find some shorter bolts too. Hope to have it all done tomorrow.

Looks awesome. I will stay tuned for a possible group buy. Thanks to those who have taken the lead on this.

i would def like to see one in. i got the info and i am about to send him the money.

i want a second onre for my 223 if i can find a 223 mag!

I'm still interested. A GB would be great...as long as they fit!

Got mine today...looks awesome! Now just need to find the time to get the stock right to accept it...

bttmetal.jpg

these look great anymore info on the LA DBMs he was working on I im intrested in getting one also

Get the interest Going This GB is in the WORKS!!!!

Just give a little time to Insure all Import / Export Details are worked out ( As pointed out by the kind folks from TRIAD)

I hope everyone will be like me and use this time to start saving up to make sure they grab a bargain or two...

Thanks Guys for all the interest

...When All Legalities are worked out with proper permit numbers available for those who require them.... I will post what is offered and help facilitate this project...

Until them I will keep progress posted in this thread

" Keep Rounds on Target Shooters!!!"

By the time I exchanged a few emails with Australian DOD, and a few phone calls to ATF...
Silly me for thinking exporting stuff was a pain in the ass

Good luck.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the time I exchanged a few emails with Australian DOD, and a few phone calls to ATF...

Good luck.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

You sure taught that guy a lesson......good job
2uj477k.jpg

So do you have to call Atlasworkx directly and order, or are these on eBay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the time I exchanged a few emails with Australian DOD, and a few phone calls to ATF...

Good luck.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

I am somewhat confused with this... What exactly is going on that is wrong here?

My guess is a new product that is very close to an existing Badger/CDI/etc DBM that is 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you have to call Atlasworkx directly and order, or are these on eBay?</div></div>

Email them. He will send you a paypal bill. Went super smooth for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you have to call Atlasworkx directly and order, or are these on eBay?</div></div>

Email them. He will send you a paypal bill. Went super smooth for me. </div></div>

Does it have to go through paypal? I've never bought anything from outside the CONUS.

The deal is some one is trying to side rail this....

The international import / export laws covering firearms and there parts had been brought up.. I believe Atlas has there patents covered so give us a little time... Calls have been made to the authorities in both countries and answers are being worked on by them.....

Hopefully this will go through and all interested parties will get a chance at some good metal for a good deal!!!!

Thank You

Your right how dare I try to help Hide members out by trying to get something good going.... I should be banned!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The deal is some one is trying to side rail this....

The international import / export laws covering firearms and there parts had been brought up.. I believe Atlas has there patents covered so give us a little time... Calls have been made to the authorities in both countries and answers are being worked on by them.....

Hopefully this will go through and all interested parties will get a chance at some good metal for a good deal!!!!

Thank You</div></div>

Well, isn't that shity..Typical really. I dont see where "Badger" BM is really worth the price, personally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your right how dare I try to help Hide members out by trying to get something good going.... I should be banned!!!!</div></div>

What were you thinking????????????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do you have to call Atlasworkx directly and order, or are these on eBay?</div></div>

Email them. He will send you a paypal bill. Went super smooth for me. </div></div>

Does it have to go through paypal? I've never bought anything from outside the CONUS.</div></div>

It probably don't have to, but he gets the payment a week and a half earlier. It is just alot smoother to pay via paypal if the seller accepts it. JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]

I am somewhat confused with this... What exactly is going on that is wrong here? </div></div>

Whats wrong here?

People are piling on my back because I pointed out the possibility that they may be breaking a law or two.
Apparently the fact that there are laws in Australia that regulate the export of firearms parts, and for the import of them into the US don't amount to much if you can save some money...

DaveD, are you calling me a RAT, or is that your signature line?