• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Looks good ............did you try the ruger mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good ............did you try the ruger mags? </div></div>

That is a Ruger 10 round metal mag (made by AI) works great I have yet to order the polymer Ruger mags yet

I bought one of these and had it installed into a BC medalist stock by PCR. It had to be inletted slightly and looks great. I did have one problem as this was done for a .223 and the AI mag that I bought for it wouldn't set right in the magwell so the good guys over at PCR made a new mag release lever and fits and works perfect now. I will post pics soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Madpipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought one of these and had it installed into a BC medalist stock by PCR. It had to be inletted slightly and looks great. I did have one problem as this was done for a .223 and the AI mag that I bought for it wouldn't set right in the magwell so the good guys over at PCR made a new mag release lever and fits and works perfect now. I will post pics soon </div></div>

Maybe a dumb question, but who is PCR? I've been searching for a local smith who can do the inlet with no luck whatsoever. And if you don't mind, what'd they charge? Thanks.

I just checked out their website. The bottom metal is shown as a Trailer Bracket with some language I don't understand and price is $160. Am I on the wrong website or is their website very poorly designed?

I have one if it is needed.

PM or email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Madpipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is also a guy on another forum that is selling these bottom metals. here is a link: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=466826&highlight=remington+700
Mods if I am not allowed to post this please remove. I bought mine here just thought I would pass it on </div></div>

That's where I got mine from he ships them with screws too

I actually am going to buy another one as soon as I figure out what new stock I am going to put on my rifle

someone know where I can buy this trigger group at I look at the link and it was 203 and no info on how to get one

Chull, shoot an email to Colin at Atlasworx....

Let us know what you find out..

If they are now that high, they are no longer an alternative are they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">someone know where I can buy this trigger group at I look at the link and it was 203 and no info on how to get one </div></div>

Switch the currency to US dollars and it is 160.00. I would definietly e-mail Colin to find out for certain. He is quick to respond back.

TAG- install info

Here's mine with the dbm. I inletted the stock myself with a dremel and hours and hours of patience. My welding skills defiantly applied to thisproject. Having a steady hand is the key.

Overall this is an awesome product. It feeds flawlessly and I haven't had any malfunctions. I do however need to get some screws and shorten them a little. These OD ones came off another rifle and are too long.

2011-12-09000310.jpg

2011-12-09000336.jpg

2011-12-09000717.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z439/OKPatriot92/2011-12-09000745.jpg

Wow that came out really nice you sir have a steady hand

Finally got an AI may to compare to the Ruger metal mag the AI seems to sit a little higher in the magwell and fits a bit tighter too the Ruger has some slop in it but I inletted my stock to fit the Ruger mags now if I want to use the AI mags I have to file the top of the mag down just a fraction to make it click into place I still had yet to order a polymer Ruger mag and give it a shot I will get back when I do

Sounds good Van1lla Gor1lla

Okrebel92 - do you weld or make Nitro??? Very steady indeed.....

Thanks for the share

I went to my local gunsmith today to see what the status was of the inletting. I can only say, he really did a nice job!

Also brought him my Roedale brake for installation and decided to let him gunkote my action, barrel, bolt and brake now it's already there. The color of the brake didn't match the rest.

Also test fitted the Schmidt&Bender PMII with the Era-TAC rings I bought last week. Can't wait to see the finished setup!

marcolate..could you post some pics when you get it back?

Got mine back from the smith yesterday...looks great and feeds like a charm!

IMG-20111214-00306-1.jpg

Looks good COfox what caliber?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good COfox what caliber? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone try this in the HS LTR stock? </div></div>

Yes, mine is in my LTR with HS Precision stock. See pictures on page 10. Turned out great, I'm very happy with it.

Akflier,

Have you had a chance to use it in the field? How is the hunting this year?

Thanks

Got mine installed this weekend. Not hard really, but time consuming. I used a Dremel, and wish I would have had a bigger assortment of bits, and multiples of each. Once the bits became dull, it made it harder to do a neat job. It didn't turn out the neatest but I think it will work.

Jamiesgun008-1.jpg

Jamiesgun010-1.jpg

It is inlet a little deeper than I would like but I had to so it would feed with the Alpha mag. I think I'm still going to have to get the longer latch to hold the mag a little higher. I had to notch the rear of the bottom metal as it is and didn't want to set it any deeper.

Jamiesgun013-1.jpg

As I said, not the neatest job, but I think it will work just fine with a little more fine tuning.

Looking Good---nice looking rifle Jlaw973.....

.nice straight lines for free-hand let us know how it feeds...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Akflier,

Have you had a chance to use it in the field? How is the hunting this year?

Thanks </div></div>

No hunting this year, too busy with work and other less important stuff. I've got a couple hundred through the rifle since the bottom metal and all is well. Love the Alphas.

ok if one had a stock with Badger bottom metal in let would this be loose or need more taken out?

I believe the concensus is it requires more material to be removed.

from $115 shipped to $196 in 14 pages, that sucks. Is it still worth it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from $115 shipped to $196 in 14 pages, that sucks. Is it still worth it? </div></div>

And CDI went from $129 last GB to $169 now. I'd pick up the CDI in the GB or look for a member selling one of these.

Yea, pick up the CDI before they raise their prices also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from $115 shipped to $196 in 14 pages, that sucks. Is it still worth it? </div></div>

Change the currency to US. You have it in Aussie. Price is $155.00 usd.

After reading most of this thread, I just might bite on one or two. Thanks for the info guys.

AKflier,

Glad to hear the Alpha's are running good for you!!

I Just picked up a ruger 3 round for the SA. Do not have the metal inlet yet but the poly 3 rd mag fits tight in the metal and only extends about 1/4 below the metal. It should make a nice option for slipping through the thick.

If ruger makes these in a LA that will take 338 wm i will do an install on my elk rifle !!!

Has anyone used the Atlas for .223? I have an LTR in .223 and the Atlas bottom metal. Will it work?

Has anyone used one on a 300win mag that would take a mag that handles coal of 3.700" if so which mag

anyone know what the pillar length is for the LA version. Need to ask before I have to measure it all out

Long action should be 1.03" rear and 0.68" front pillar height.

Hi I have mine set up for. 223 had to radius the top of the bottom metal for to get the AI Mag's to feed. It works great. No malfunctions about 200 rounds on it now.

IMG_0711.jpg

Rem 700 .223 SPS tatical
S/S 10x scope
Atalasworks bottom metal
AI 10rd. mag.

Anyone consider running adjustable pillars since there seems to be some issues getting the correct length for proper feeding?

I have found that if you are useing the bottom metal in .308. Just inlet the stock so that the bottom metal fits flush against the bottom of the reciver. Works great. The only issues is if you are going to use it for .223. Then you will need to radius the bottom metal or use a slightly longer mag release. To hold the mags a bit higher in the reciver. I do not think the pillers will make a differance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok if one had a stock with Badger bottom metal in let would this be loose or need more taken out? </div></div>

Yes, more material will have to be removed. But its easy because its close.