• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Model XCR Compact Tactical

Hopalong_Cassadiche

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
So I purchased the above rifle. The rate of twist is 1 in 12". Can I optimally shoot FGM 168 grain? Or do I have to shoot 150 grain ammo? Thanks.

Re: Remington Model XCR Compact Tactical

Mine used to love the 175 SMK. I tried the 190 SMK also, but not too successful. Definitely doable with 175 SMK.

From Shilen's website:

http://www.shilen.com/calibersAndTwists.html

- 8" for bullets heavier than 220gr.
- 10" for bullets up to 220gr.
- 12" for bullets up to 170gr.
- 13"* Ratchet rifled 4 groove
- 14"* for bullets up to 168gr.
- 15"* for bullets up to 150gr.
- 17"* for bullets up to 125 gr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">168gr loves 1:12 barrels.

155 Scenars will shoot well too. </div></div>

Does the fact that my XCR has a 20" barrel make a difference?

I just bought one to & I can't wait to get it to the range. Good luck with yours.

So a 1:10 will shoot up to 220gr, whats the lowest gr bullet that would properly stabilize in a 10twist, would the 155 scenars/sierra palma still shoot well?

I have yet to get myself a reloading setup in order to try it, just looking for a general idea of where to start when I do get setup properly. 175-185's seem to be the place to start with a 1:10.

I have a Leupold Mark 4 LRT 3.5-10 X 40 on hold. Any suggestions as to rings/bases...Leupold aluminum tactical? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep 2 words. Seekins Precision.

You wont regret it.

JJ </div></div>

Thanks. Do they only sell rings? What about bases? Which size?

Rings, Bases, DBM's, and now AR lower's. My mate and I are running similar set ups, both in SP 30mm Lows on a SP 20MOA base, great gear.

If in doubt, give Glen a call, but that set up will do the job.

JJ

My mates XCR compact Tactical
Seekins 30mm Lows, 20moa base
AICS 1.5
Mark4 FFP 3.5-10x40 M1

I have a question about the 40X externally adj. trigger. Would it matter if you adjusted the trigger during dry fire testing at home on a bench or should I wait until I hit the range and feel the round go off?

Hey Stealth! The trigger feels really nice now. IMO, I would try it out at the range and see how you like it.

And, Seekins online ordering is down, just FYI. I was looking to get a base from there.

I will do that. Thanks for the heads up. I am on the lookout for bases, rings and glass.