• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

remington PSS 308 12 twist 178 amax load help

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
which is the best forum, sub forum/thread to ask for load help,, the load depot sub forum doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.
remington 700 pss 308, with a
26" barrel (boltface to muzzle) 1:12 twist.
bout 2000 rounds of m118lr 175 and federal fgmm thru it.
it is NOT a 5r barrel.
it's a cool rifle and i would like it to shoot lights out, it seemed like it used to but now it seems more like a 3/4 to 1 moa gun.
i was hoping some guru might just tell me a perfect load, i mean, i know there are guys out there that have done the 308 and others so many times they already know. i would surely appreciate the help. for i powder i have IMR 4064, i have 500 amax 178 gr.
400 brand new lapua large primer brass.
cci br2 primer
178 amax
if someone has the perfect load for it already, i am not above buying some different bullets or powder.
if i do want it to shoot excellent, should i get a different barrel? if so, recommendations?
but would prefer to use current barrel, and use the powder/bullets/brass on hand. i shoot several other rifles/calibers so this is sort of a side project.

I certainly understand any load data given is just a starting point
thanks very much in advance, i may cross post this on other forums. kevin