Replacement AR10 muzzlebrake suggestions please.

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona
I had my smith remove the factory MB since it was welded and pinned. I need to find a replacement that can be installed/removed easily for those times when I want to shoot suppressed. I ordered a thread protector but still like to use the brake at times.

Anyone have any suggestions or good results from one?

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: Replacement AR10 muzzlebrake suggestions please.

Primary Weapons Systems FSC30. Check it out on YouTube. I have one and the recoil reduction is great!

fnbrowning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
St. Louis Missouri

JP Rifles Recoil Eliminator for nearly effortless shooting. I used it for awhile on my Armalite AR10.
JP Rifles Recoil Eliminator

I later decided that regardless how well the JP Eliminator functioned, that I wanted a slimmer profile compensator. I then went with the Bennie Cooley compensator. Doesn't reduce recoil like the Eliminator, but it does reduce to an acceptable level.
Bennie Cooley

bluegrasspicker

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2005
West Virginia

If you're going to eventually buy a suppressor that goes over a muzzle device, you might consider just buying the break that goes with your future suppressor.

Enjoy,
Bob

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio

If you just want a standard thread on suppressor (which in of itself is a good idea as well if using on multiple rifles) then look at like the Badger FTE. It screws on but also has a clamp style securing mechanism. Back out the bolt and screw off.

dlxcupid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Commie-fornia

Depends on how much you want to spend and what suppressor you're running or want to run. BattleComps run close to $300, Miculeks are effective and affordable for under $50. If you're gonna run say a Surefire suppressor, you should get a Surefire brake/muzzle device or whatever your suppressor brand offers.

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona

Thanks for all the input. I have a YHM Phantom currently and use it on other rifles as well. I like the designs that are smaller and can be locked into place. I think I am leaning towards the Badger FTE.

sgtbutt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Cheyenne, WY

I have an OPS Inc brake on my 308 and irs very affective. Muzzle rise its minimal, low recoil, but definitely a muzzle brake, its loud.