• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Report From the Tulsa Arms Show

bouvie

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2012
IL, USA
Hi everyone. I just flew home from Tulsa and let me say that Saturday's attendance was incredible; you couldn't even move through the aisles. Here's something even more amazing: the building housed hundreds of thousands of guns, tens of thousands of people and who knows how many rounds of ammo and..........nothing happened! There were no fights, shootings, etc., etc. It only proves that law abiding gun owners pose no threat to anyone, no matter how well armed! Some other observations:

People were lined up to buy ammo. They were starved for it. And there was plenty there, albeit at higher prices than we would all like to see, but at least you could buy it.

I was talking to an older gentleman this morning before breakfast who happens to work for ATK. He told me that their ammo companies are producing a combined total of 9 1/2 MILLION rounds of 22LR a DAY!!! Seven days a week! When I asked him where it was all disappearing to, he said "I have absolutely no idea. It's unbelievable."

The NRA had a table at the door and if you signed up or renewed, you got a cool camo hat AND free admission to the show. Many, many people were signing up, which was good to see. I also ran into Wayne LaPierre making the rounds and everyone was thanking him for the fight that the NRA was putting up. He thanked everyone in return and assured us that "We are all in this fight together." Good to hear.

All in all, another great show in Tulsa and we will be making our reservations for next year later in this coming week.

Glenn

Why wait until next year? It comes around in November, too! The ammo prices were a little steep but all in all, it was a great show as always.

Why wait until next year? It comes around in November, too! The ammo prices were a little steep but all in all, it was a great show as always.

A little steep? HAHAHA that's a good one! I saw bricks of .22 labeled up to $200! I say labeled cause it sure as hell wasn't selling thank God. I sold several bricks of Winchester "xpert" for $60 in about 10 minutes just walking around. Cheapest .223 I saw was .65 a round. My buddy did score a Sage EBR for $380.

The highest price I saw on 22lr was 149.95 for a 555 rd, brick. CTD was there with an unmanned table LOL but the most outrageous price I saw was a S&W stainless J frame revolver for 1800.00. I was able to pick up some 20 round mags for 15.00 a piece and 3 30 round Troy Battle mags 32.00 or a little over 10.66 a piece.

Mike

The highest I saw 22 LR was $90 for a brick of 550. Cheapest 223 was $299 for 500 but I also saw $399 for 500 and $499 for 500. Today I saw 500 rounds of Black Hills 308 for $1000.

AR's were everywhere and mostly overpriced, no surprise there. I also noticed that the dealers selling new pistols couldn't write up the orders fast enough.

i went saturday and scored a lone wolf stainless threaded barrel for my glock 21 $125 , 150 pieces brass for 300 wm $65 (shot some today) two kegs h1000 $25 each all no tax had a great time cant wait till the next one!!!

I know I am reviving a old thread but the Tulsa Arms show is next weekend and I have a question for you Hiders who have been to the show lately. I am thinking about going to the show this year (it will be my first time there), but I would like to know if they have a large assortment of high end, long range rifles and scopes at the show. Desert Tech Covert rifles especially. I have looked at some videos about the show, and they say that they have almost everything but mostly they just show old collectables in the videos. I would hate to drive 500 miles just to be looking at some old guns that I have no interest in.
Thanks.

I know I am reviving a old thread but the Tulsa Arms show is next weekend and I have a question for you Hiders who have been to the show lately. I am thinking about going to the show this year (it will be my first time there), but I would like to know if they have a large assortment of high end, long range rifles and scopes at the show. Desert Tech Covert rifles especially. I have looked at some videos about the show, and they say that they have almost everything but mostly they just show old collectables in the videos. I would hate to drive 500 miles just to be looking at some old guns that I have no interest in.
Thanks.

I've seen a few DTA rifles there and I know Surgeon has a booth. As the videos indicated, there's a metric shit-ton of older firearms and like yourself! that shit doesn't interest me in the least bit and they don't have it separated from the modern firearms so you've gotta walk up and down every...fucking...aisle...to search through it all.

I've seen SB optics, NightForce, and others there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've seen a few DTA rifles there and I know Surgeon has a booth. As the videos indicated, there's a metric shit-ton of older firearms and like yourself! that shit doesn't interest me in the least bit and they don't have it separated from the modern firearms so you've gotta walk up and down every...fucking...aisle...to search through it all.

I've seen SB optics, NightForce, and others there.

A truism of most shows is that you gotta go through a lot of home improvement and Nazi memorabilia booths to winnow out the good beef jerky.

A truism of most shows is that you gotta go through a lot of home improvement and Nazi memorabilia booths to winnow out the good beef jerky.

True that, Veer. The good thing about Wanenmacher's aka Tulsa Arms Show is that shit like that isn't allowed. If it doesn't have something to do with guns, ammo, weapons, tactical gear, or the history of such...you're not allowed to rent a booth at the show.

You won't see Scentsy, purses, jerky, and the like.

I would have liked to have seen that show once. Ours hereabouts aren't quite so picky about who buys a spot.

I don't usually do gunshows, but I will be at the Tulsa show this weekend if anyone wants to swing by and check out some NV/thermal.

Upper or lower level?

Upper, on the south side I believe, but I honestly don't know yet. I was on the waiting list and they just called Friday and said they had 3 tables for me so I took them. I think you have my cell though, shoot me a text if you end up there and want to know where I am.

Thanks.
We go every April and are flying in on Friday morning. Tulsa is fun because it's like an Easter egg hunt; you have to search the whole show to find what you are looking for. There are so many types of guns there that it's hard to describe. Lots of collectible stuff, some newer things and some ratty old crap that someone dug up out of their basement. As far as the long range weapons go, they are there but you need to go up and down every aisle. It takes us about 8 hours the first day to get through the whole thing.