• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reprif cerakote problem

I've never heard of them.

There's also this guy...

I have also never heard of them, I use Brandon. I have never had a problem getting in touch with him, good luck.

Reactions: stefan73
They stopped posting to Instagram in July of last year. They were posting about every day until then.

This is not the post I wanted to see. I sent them something back in March. However, Last October I sent them a glock slide, and was completed/returned in early November. So, someone works there but I'm nervous now as well.

OP, Any word back from them? I sent parts in February, called today cause it’s been 13 weeks. I’m moving soon and I wanted to update my address on file. I noticed they haven’t posted since last July also.

I actually looked them up on Google maps which also has reviews, (I was expecting their address to be a dirt lot)
someone there has been responding to the reviews on there as of two weeks ago.
Maybe you can get their attention on there?

I used him on one and he was pretty good with communicating but did notice he stopped posting on IG.

He mentioned he was super busy with bulk projects and it was usually a 4-6mo turnaround.

They are close to my office and I had them coat a barrel for me not too long ago. They were open. It is a small operation with two guys and nobody ever up in the front office when I have stopped by to drop off or pick up. I have never had an issue with them answering the phone though.

Check with the guys at Altus.

They use Reprif for their custom cerakote.

They may know what's going on?

I'm in the same boat. I wrote one of the negative google reviews. Filed a police report, Started a small claims case.
Had a friend in CA stop by the shop, filed a complaint with the BBB, sent certified mail requesting my property etc - has completely ghosted me.

Options are : Fly out to his shop, small claims court, wait 1+ year to get your unfinished gun back, or a finished gun with dicks stenciled into the finish.

I'm blown away that someone like this can keep their FFL.
Make sure to shit on him on google, maybe it will get him upset enough to reply.

I'm in the same boat. I wrote one of the negative google reviews. Filed a police report, Started a small claims case.
Had a friend in CA stop by the shop, filed a complaint with the BBB, sent certified mail requesting my property etc - has completely ghosted me.

Options are : Fly out to his shop, small claims court, wait 1+ year to get your unfinished gun back, or a finished gun with dicks stenciled into the finish.

I'm blown away that someone like this can keep their FFL.
Make sure to shit on him on google, maybe it will get him upset enough to reply.

Did you ever receive any reply from them to the steps you've taken?

Check with the guys at Altus.

They use Reprif for their custom cerakote.

They may know what's going on?
Sorry but this is WRONG. I build all the rifles at Altus and I can assure you that any solid cerakote colors are done by me (in-house) and gucci camo stuff is done by Brandon at Custom Gun Coatings.

Ern

This dudes been fired by every major company he’s doing work for. Aeros Booted Him, along with many others. Dudes too busy token that Legal Weed to get anything done. If you pester him too much he hides d**ks in your Camo pattern and sends you nice notes like “Heres Your S*** B***chboi” on your receipt.

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
What a shitshow. Wondering if the small claims court is getting any traction? I should have known better when they hadn’t posted since July 2020 but figured they were busy cranking out cool stuff. Hate to think about all the guys like me who are out the cost of the cerakote as well as the parts or firearms.

Very glad I went with Branden instead. I was turned off by the 6+ month wait times quoted on their website. A shame since the camo jobs they have done in the past look so nice.

Sorry but this is WRONG. I build all the rifles at Altus and I can assure you that any solid cerakote colors are done by me (in-house) and gucci camo stuff is done by Brandon at Custom Gun Coatings.

Ern
My bad.

When I called last year, they referred me to him.

I'm guessing they didn't take outside work.

Again, ignore my comment and apologize for any misinformation.

I have not heard anything back from them.
I've thought about contacting Aero Precision to hopefully get some pressure applied that way.

Reactions: J-Roger
I have not heard anything back from them.
I've thought about contacting Aero Precision to hopefully get some pressure applied that way.
Any update on this? I almost boxed up parts and mailed. Thought it was strange they stopped posting.

Don’t do it man…. Lots of guys are having issues. Saw a guy on Facebook posted about going to the shop and was avoided at all costs. Go elsewhere and save yourself the headache and heartache of losing your parts/rifle.

It's a shame this guy went awol. His work looked good and it seems he had a great reputation for at least a little while. I almost sent something and started seeing complaints online. Glad I missed out on that headache. Best of luck to anyone dealing with him.

A guy from Reddit/Facebook flew out there to confront him and attempt to get his stuff back. He videoed the whole thing and took pics. Bottom line is he was ignored and avoided at all costs. The guy went to his shop, and to the residence but no luck.

i know this is third hand info, a quick search for it might pull up the thread

Wow just happened upon this thread.

I had the same issue, but I got my gun back.

The guy is hard to reach by phone but that was the ONLY way I'd reach him. Try calling around when he opens or around a lunch break and maybe you'll get lucky.
Same thing, he had my competition rifle and after 4 months of jerking me around I told him on the phone I want my shit back. He made up a bunch of excuses about how he's super busy to which I cut him off with "I don't care." Told him I would be down the next day and then I got a text from him the same evening saying "hey we had already grit blasted your chassis in preparation for paint, give us till the end of day tomorrow and your paint job will be done"
That sort of worked out. I showed up in person, I must have had dont-fuck-with-me written on my forehead because the guys tone was 180 from the phone call. Finally showed some humility after 4-5 months, gave me my gun parts back (still warm from the oven by the way) And a bunch of swag which sits idle in a drawer.

Take aways:
1. you're not alone on this one. Do everything you can to reach him and get your property back.
2. The day I was supposed to pick up my rifle, he texted me to tell me what time. I will search like hell today through my text history from last year to see if I still have that number. If I do I'll reply back to this thread stating that I do. Since it MIGHT be a private phone number I will not dox him by posting it publicly. But if I respond back saying that I found it. Shoot me a DM and we'll talk about the weather.

Stand by.

Wow just happened upon this thread.

I had the same issue, but I got my gun back.

The guy is hard to reach by phone but that was the ONLY way I'd reach him. Try calling around when he opens or around a lunch break and maybe you'll get lucky.
Same thing, he had my competition rifle and after 4 months of jerking me around I told him on the phone I want my shit back. He made up a bunch of excuses about how he's super busy to which I cut him off with "I don't care." Told him I would be down the next day and then I got a text from him the same evening saying "hey we had already grit blasted your chassis in preparation for paint, give us till the end of day tomorrow and your paint job will be done"
That sort of worked out. I showed up in person, I must have had dont-fuck-with-me written on my forehead because the guys tone was 180 from the phone call. Finally showed some humility after 4-5 months, gave me my gun parts back (still warm from the oven by the way) And a bunch of swag which sits idle in a drawer.

Take aways:
1. you're not alone on this one. Do everything you can to reach him and get your property back.
2. The day I was supposed to pick up my rifle, he texted me to tell me what time. I will search like hell today through my text history from last year to see if I still have that number. If I do I'll reply back to this thread stating that I do. Since it MIGHT be a private phone number I will not dox him by posting it publicly. But if I respond back saying that I found it. Shoot me a DM and we'll talk about the weather.

Stand by.
Found it.
His work phone doesn't allow calls until 11am Pacific. Try calling him then. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Reactions: J-Roger
A guy from Reddit/Facebook flew out there to confront him and attempt to get his stuff back. He videoed the whole thing and took pics. Bottom line is he was ignored and avoided at all costs. The guy went to his shop, and to the residence but no luck.

i know this is third hand info, a quick search for it might pull up the thread
That guy is me. And I'm still fucked. Have heard nothing from that clown. Although I've now been contacted by 8 other people that are in the same exact boat as I am. Working on the legal side now but it's a nightmare.

• Sad
Reactions: Clayman
That guy is me. And I'm still fucked. Have heard nothing from that clown. Although I've now been contacted by 8 other people that are in the same exact boat as I am. Working on the legal side now but it's a nightmare.
Wow damn! File a police report for a stolen firearm?

Reactions: BCX
Some decent painters- too few of whom are also good businessmen. It appears some are even unethical.

Looks like he’s lost or didn’t re-apply for his FFL. So, don’t know what that means as far as him assembling and sending our gear back…if that was even going to happen.