• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Request: when posting component availability...

ChrisGarrett

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 2, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    maybe the original poster can edit his title when the stuff inevitably sells out, much like putting SOLD in the subject header when you sell something.

Might save a lot of us from needless post reading and web searching.

Only if you happen to happen by. Both the Natchez 8# Varget and Wolf primers are toast.

Just a thought, Chris

Re: Request: when posting component availability...

Both threads had a post in them when they sold out . I am not sure that we can expect them to find them and keep track of them until the moment they run out . Some of these guys might have jobs or want to go to the range instead of tracking the sales of something they had the decency to let us know about .

Just my .02 , YMMV , IMO , YADA YADA , BLAH BLAH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both threads had a post in them when they sold out . I am not sure that we can expect them to find them and keep track of them until the moment they run out . Some of these guys might have jobs or want to go to the range instead of tracking the sales of something they had the decency to let us know about .

Just my .02 , YMMV , IMO , YADA YADA , BLAH BLAH </div></div>

Sure, I gather that they have lives and stuff to fiddle with, just that if they come across their post on page 1, after people have hit it a lot (keeping it on page 1) maybe update the title, as only they can do it.

If it's a bad idea, just ignore my request. I never intended people to go back past page 1 to accomplish the task, as the post will be buried by then and people will get the idea that it's probably stale by then.

We've had a lot of them these past couple of months, which is why I posted.

Chris

I edited your title!

I edited your title, pretty simple just change the subject box in the full reply screen to <span style="font-weight: bold">SOLD OUT</span> and your golden

Steve

Re: I edited your title!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I edited your title, pretty simple just change the subject box in the full reply screen to <span style="font-weight: bold">SOLD OUT</span> and your golden

Steve </div></div>

Not really, as the main post remains the same and I'm still going to have to click on the post and scroll down to see if the stuff is sold out.

The OP needs to edit his/her title, but let's just chalk this up to the guy who created the 'pet rock' (worthless) and I'll scurry away quietly.

Thanks, Chris

I know when I post availability for stuff, one of two things has occurred; One, I have already purchased what I want and have no need to keep track of current inventory or; Two, I have no need for whats available and therefore am not keeping track of current inventory. Its done as a courtesy to fellow shooters. I am not going to sit around rechecking inventory all day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its done as a courtesy to fellow shooters.</div></div>

No good deed goes unpunished.