• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results Odessa FV200 F-Class Nov. 6th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
A small and enthusiastic group today. A few light showers rolled in from the NW, but wind did not seem to be a factor.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

1. STP 199-27V 6BRX
cry.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

1. K. Mussack AR10 .308 189-9V
2. Sled Rem.700 .308 187-9V
3. Corey Savage .223 178-10V

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cast Boolit F-T/R </span>

1. Jim R. 153-2V 1903Springfield 30-06
(This is no cake walk @ 200yds. Kudos to Jim!!)

Thanks to all!

Scott

Re: Results Odessa FV200 F-Class Nov. 6th

Well, I did a little better than last time. I confirmed that my focus at the very end has to be reticle and trigger ONLY. The bad shots were caused by not having everything else lined up before I got to the point of breaking the shot. No doubt it's more mental than anything else.

I watched Scott run his last relay. He was nailing them in there, then, whoops, where did that come from. So close to the 200 score. Hopefully next time. But it's the chase that keeps us coming back!

Thanks for runnigng the match Scott.

When in the match did you drop the 1 point? Don't tell me in the last relay in the last couple rounds.

Thats a fantastic score regardless, 27V, is that your best to date?

Well done!

It <span style="font-style: italic">was </span> the last target...shot number 35 as a matter of fact.

Don`t remember best V-count...but that was the 3rd 199 score.

The Savage in 6BRX is up to the task, but not in my hands.
blush.gif

Yes it is, it's just not an easy task for any gun, by any shooter. You'll do it.

That's how the target was designed, to be possible, but only just possible. Makes success all the sweeter.

That's why our group is so committed, we don't compete with each other, can't compete with each other. The target is the only real challenge, and it's tough enough that success benefits from (maybe is only possible with) the kind of cooperation we experience.

It's what keeps bringing me back.

Greg

I and a few others that shot F-Class up North in Peru where thinking of making a trip down for one of the Matches. Whats your the schedule for next year look like? We shoot the second Sunday of each Month, May-Oct., 300 yds. every Match is NRA Registered, we've set a few National Records this passt year in both Open & F/TR.

The Club Record for 15 rds. @ 300 yds. on the MR-63FC NRA Target is 150-13X, shoot this past Oct. 10th by yours truely with a .223 Rem. in F/TR and Ruth Chiapillia (she holds 9 different Records in Full Bore & High Power) with a 22-250 in Open. The 45 shot Record is 450-31X held by Greg Shangraw with a 6BRX.

Mike,

We have been shooting the first Saturday of the month, then the 3rd Sunday to give everyone the opportunity to select a non-dedicated day at home on the weekend to come and join us. Our matches are tailored for the rather large group that enjoyed participating in the 1K Bodine`s Full Bore Prone League at the Williamsport club. When that ended, we decided to try a similar venue (albeit at 200yds) to keep shooting with as many of the league regulars as possible as well to invite the new shooter to the F-Class format. I wanted to draw some new folks to give it a try in a somewhat relaxed atomshere. (Coaching allowed all thru the match for new shooters)

By attending our local "club" matches, someone that wanted to get the idea as to what to expect prior to attending an official match would have the necessary experience so that when they arrived at a venue like you have been enjoying, they would show up already knowing what to do and hopefully, how to go about it. BTDT
sick.gif

Our club personifies the rural, small membership kind of club. We struggle to get by, but an amazing number of us from the "League" days still enjoy the time spent together on the range and helping any new shooters that want to get the idea what the format entails.

If there were to be a perceived negative, it would be that we "only" shoot out to 200yds and there are no prizes nor awards. (Except one, which was a memorial match for Danny Shumway held this past July...which may become an annual affair)

You all are welcome to come downstate and shoot with us.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Scott

Perceived negative, maybe. True negative, I think not.

This match is about the shooting, and that's about the sum of it.

The 200yd distance is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> a simplification, and the complete lack of tangible reward may help keep it from becoming a playground for cutthroat competition.

...Or at least I <span style="font-style: italic">hope</span> it does...

Greg