• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Results Odessa FV250yd F-Class May 18th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
6 guns today under cloudy skies and swirling breezes.

F-T/R

1. Allen B. 194-13V 223Rem

Bench Open

1. Tony L. 195-16V 6BR
2. John P. 194-20V 6BR
3. Greg L 168-7V 168-7V 30BR
(tie) Dave M. 168-7 22-250
4. Todd P. 162-6V 223Rem

Regards,

Scott

thanks for the scores Scott.....Hope you got a hot dog or sloppy joe....I think it went well....And thanks for being there for us..

Thanks to all for the hospitality it was great to see how this F class works I will be back PS sloppy joes were great

It sounds like you all had a good time, I couldn't make it because it was on my wife's birthday but I'll be there for the 1st Saturday shoot in June.

It's a shame that I missed out on the good food your woman made cornhusker,,last Saturday I was re testing a .308 load in the Shilen barrel that shot a very small 5 shot group and I was able to confirm that the load is a very good one. However the Sierra bullets have to be weight sorted. These are 168 SMK's in a 500 round box that vary up to 1 full grain. Most fall +/- .1 grain which is good, but worth sorting. I'll be adding some new info and pic.s on the Sleuthing the FGMM load in the reloading section.

Dan

Dan-We missed you..The wind was terrible...But we managed..Had one new shooter join us with his 22-250..

He done pretty good for the first time and the conditions....Look forward to seeing you again....

Loved it, first time for score this year. The Dogs/Joes work!

As for the rest, gotta start the year off somewhere... New rest + bag, new scope, new load development starting load...; maybe the path from here leads upward. We'll see.

Hitting the range again this afternoon, test next FV250 load, sighting-in two uppers/scopes on new SAFE Act Compliant Lower.

Greg

Last edited:
My range outing went poorly, and I must report a bit of discouragement. It's beginning to look like this is going to be a knock down, dragged out, tooth puller of a load development project. Time for non-match shooting is severely limited, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm just chasing my tail.

Trying not to be negative...

Greg

Hot Dogs and Chilli for the first saturday in June....Come on out...

June 7th fast approaching....coffee available as well....as water....See you there...

Last edited:
Curious as to what is used target wise? Is it reduced in size since the range is shorter?

Nortex, yes it is scaled down for 250 yards, we call it FV250, It's basically a scaled down f class target that Greg L. developed some time ago. The bull is maybe a tad under 1 MOA and there's a V instead of an X which is about 1/2 MOA. 40 rounds for score and unlimited sighter's on a seperate target.
A total of 4 targets 10 shots on each for record. This is a club match not NRA certified or whatever,, just for fun.

Regards,
Dan

Backing up Dan's comments, the ring diameters are deliberately kept to be MOA equivalent at the distance to the standard F Class target at 1000yd.

The scoring rings value conforms pretty much to the older V style target for V, 5, 4, and 3 rings, with the rest of the paper scoring as 2. The target rings are black, and the area contained by just the 4 ring is gray, the rest of the target is white. The gray allows for easier hits visibility through optics.

The targets are designed and maintained in an ancient version of Visio (Ver. 2.0, 1993), which unfortunately will no longer run on the Win8 OS. Win7 and earlier is fine.

Greg