• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticles for Meopta Optika 6 scopes.

koshkin

Dark Lord Of Optics
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2006
    New Mexico
    www.opticsthoughts.com
    First, a disclaimer: I do not work for Meopta and do not have any decision power as far as which reticles they will use. However, they people I know at Meopta are willing to take market feedback into consideration, so here is a list of Optika 6 scopes from their website. Tell me which reticle would you want in which scope.

Here are the rules: you get to pick one reticle only for each scope. If this configuration is not of interest to you personally, skip it.

Basically, here is what I am curious about: if a particular configuration is appealing to you, what reticle would make you want to buy it?

1-6x24 SFP

2.5-15x44 SFP

3-18x50 SPF

3-18x50 FFP

3-18x56 SFP

3-18x56 FFP

4.5-27x56 SFP

4.5-27x56 FFP

5-30x56 FFP

Thanks
    ILya

Last edited:
    Which of Meoptas own reticles? Or anyones reticles in general? If theirs I have attached a clip from their 2018 material.

If not theirs then I would say something along the lines of the G3 in the 3-18 and the kahles skmr or the athlon APRS in the 4.5-27 and 5-20.

I dont really have a preference with the .2 vs .5 mil lines overall, but I do like that the .5 look better with lower zoom levels and the .2s look less cluttered to me With more magnification (as fa as FFP goes).
    Zoomed out and I start to get dyslexic with the .2s as they get small and close for me and my decade old glasses. But most people have better vision than me so... I would be happy with either.

Just so long as its not a dumb BDC or boring whole mil dot/dash

Attachments

• 1550084446250.png
      1550084446250.png
      631.6 KB · Views: 1,746
    Last edited:
    Reactions: bman940
    BDC 3 and K 5.56 zd-rd are the only above options that I would ever even look at andthise are not great choices.
    They need some more modern choices.
    Minox skmr would be phenomenal.

My intention was to open this up to any reticle pattern whether it is currently made by Meopta or not. I am mostly just curious if there is any sort of consensus on what everyone prefers.

ILya

I have been to the Meopta site and find I don't care for any of their retile's so for me they unfortunately are not a scope I want to have.

That BDC-3 looks good for the 1-6.

For the 3-18 FFP, something with tapered stadia so it’s useful at 3x as a plex reticle. Similar to March FML for hunting use.

I would be most interested in the following configurations:
    3-18x50 FFP
    4.5-27x56 FFP
    5-20x56 FFP

If Meopta put a tree reticle with floating center dot similar to the Minox MR4, Kahles SKMR3, Athlon APRS1, or Trijicon Accupower MRAD 4.5-30x56 into any of these scopes, I would definitely be interested in buying a couple.

Reactions: duramaxed
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression Meopta was one of the few in-house manufacture of reticles so it should be rather easy for them to update their lineup with detailed feedback from the community.

I would be very interested in the 3-18x56FFP for hunting with SCR2 reticle

The 4.5-27 or 5-30FFP with something like the SKMR3 or EBR-7C.
    Floating dot center, .2mil wind with a few mils for holdunder. .1mils section for target measuring

Last edited:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression Meopta was one of the few in-house manufacture of reticles so it should be rather easy for them to update their lineup with detailed feedback from the community.

There is a cost associated with doing this even if it is done in house. You are, however, correct that Meopta can do this more easily than most other companies.

ILya

1-6x24 SFP- jm1 or similar bdc, bonus if acss type reticle with fast ranging and wind dots used

3-18x50 FFP,3-18x56 FFP - Ebr 2c, tremor 3, the new xtr3 reticle, something with a tree and a section with .1 refinement for milling and .2mil on horizontal for wind. no interest in moa reticles at all.

4.5-27x56 FFP -Ebr 2c, tremor 3, the new xtr3 reticle, something with a tree and a section with .1 refinement for milling and .2mil on horizontal for wind. no interest in moa reticles at all.

5-20x56 FFP- Ebr 2c, tremor 3, the new xtr3 reticle, something with a tree and a section with .1 refinement for milling and .2mil on horizontal for wind. no interest in moa reticles at all.

Copy and paste Athlons reticle selection, make enough small tweaks to avoid copyright stuff, BOOM, done.

I have the McWhorter in FFP, BDC2 and BDC3. I prefer the BDC3 and the McWhorter of current options. It should be noted that the .223 and .308 reticles shown are NOT the reticles that will be in the Optika6 line. Those are not out yet, there will also be a 6.5CM reticle. Meopta will be updating reticles for the US Market, so if you want something, I would put it here for @koshkin

I'll list what models I'd like and what reticles I'd like, then list what not so keen on.

THE GOOD
    1-6x24 SFP: VMR 2, basically a dot with a few vertical and horizontal hashes
    2.5-15x44 SFP: Leupold Firedot windplex or Firedot TMR, a dot with 5mil of hashes would be great. Prefer a lower bottom end like 2-12 or 1.7-10.
    3-18x50 SPF: Either a MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7c or option for the above Firedot style. Prefer 44mm objective
    3-18x50 FFP: MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7 or equivalent
    4.5-27x56 FFP: MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7 or equivalent

THE BAD
    5-20x56 FFP: Would prefer a 50mm objective, and lower on bottom end 4-20 or 4-24 etc
    3-18x56 SFP: Would rather the 50mm objective version
    3-18x56 FFP: Would rather the 50mm objective version
    4.5-27x56 SFP: Wouldn't have a use for such a scope in SFP

WHAT I'D LOVE
    2-12x42ish: FFP or SFP, 30mm tube, with Leupold Firedot windplex or Firedot TMR style
    4-20x50 FFP: MIL, 25yard parallax, under 25oz, 30mm tube, with Firedot Windplex or MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7c

I'm interested in the 3-18x and 4.5-27x FFPs and I'd like to see a SKMR3-type tree reticle for both. I'd prefer 0.2mil subtensions on the reticle over 0.25mils so the turrets can dial exactly to the reticle.

I think the same reticle with a thicker line weight and doughnut of death would be useful for long range hunters, though I'm not interested in that personally. That would be a good fit for the FFP and SFP 3-18xs and probably the 2.5-15x SFP too.

everyone has said it.

christmas tree mil reticle. floating dot. .2 markings. List the mil you are on every 2 mils. done.

And 1 mil thick outer stadia. I can’t stress how important that is for effective 3 power snap shooting. For something that literally has no impact on long range shooting with all the benefits on lowest power, I don’t know why manufacturers insist on sub .5mil outer stadia.

If the 3-18X50 is as lightweight as I've heard (under 26 oz), it could really fill a niche for a hunting gun. Lots of people (me included) want a relatively light scope with full features for a longer range hunting rifle. Right now the discontinued LRHS is the only scope with that purpose in mind.

A 3-18 with a reticle useable at 3x would rule. Any of the above listed tactical reticles with a "circle of death" would be amazing.

I'm honestly surprised that meopta doesn't know what people want already. There's a reticle trend amongst the top companies, yet meopta is stuck in 1995. How hard is it for meopta to look at the competition's successful reticle designs and tweak it slightly? I feel like meopta is wandering in the dark.

That said, I enjoy my meopta glass and would voice my support for a modern Christmas tree on everything with a top end of 18 or more.

And 1 mil thick outer stadia. I can’t stress how important that is for effective 3 power snap shooting. For something that literally has no impact on long range shooting with all the benefits on lowest power, I don’t know why manufacturers insist on sub .5mil outer stadia.

I too wish more thought would be put into FFP reticles when used in lowest magnification.
    An FFP reticle will never be good on a cross over rifle if you can't see it on a low mag setting.

The examples we've seen (so far) of the dichroic reticles are all pretty heavy. Will the dichroic tech work (well) with finer christmas tree style reticles? If so, then some sort of christmas tree akin to a H-59 would be huge.

If the reticles are right and the glass is up to previous Meopta specs, I'd buy several of these, replacing what's on top of a good many of my rifles.

If I had this with .2 subtensions and .5 wind dots it would be on every single rifle I own. There are no more crossover FFP reticles in the marketplace and its a void that needs to be filled as precision hunting is only growing.
    Edit: Add a floating center dot too

g2h_edited-1__47697.jpg

Last edited:
    I would like to see the 3-18 and 5-25 FFP with something similar to the Nighforce Velocity 1000 or 600 but with a center floating dot for a hunting scope with illumination. Even Gunwerks RH1 MOA Reticle would be a nice option when illuminated on lower power fast shots. MOA and Mil Versions please.

2.5-15x44 SFP

3-18x50 SPF

3-18x50 FFP

3-18x56 SFP

3-18x56 FFP

I would honestly be very interested in any of those for a hunting build with any of the following

MIL-R SHV F1 - I like this one because only the the very small center crosshair lights up. Great for night huntint pigs when only using ambient light such us that from a full moon.

G2H but with .2 mil hashes

Nightforce MOAR - I like this reticle but can they make it in mil? It probably already exists and I just don't know about it. I really like the floating crosshair!

Last edited:
    Reactions: 260284
    The examples we've seen (so far) of the dichroic reticles are all pretty heavy. Will the dichroic tech work (well) with finer christmas tree style reticles? If so, then some sort of christmas tree akin to a H-59 would be huge.

If the reticles are right and the glass is up to previous Meopta specs, I'd buy several of these, replacing what's on top of a good many of my rifles.

I am supposed to be receiving one of the early prototypes of a scope with dichroic reticle today, so I can make sense of the visibility in low light among other things.

From a technical standpoint, dichroic lines can be made as thin as you want, but I do not know how the visbility will work. You have to keep in mind that when you make a conventional reticle, the line blocks whatever is behind it, so from a visbility standpoint there is an advantage to thin lines.

With a dichroic reticle, the line of the reticle does not fully block what is behind it. There is some measure of transparency to it. What it does is transmit only one fairly narrow color range and blocks everything else. For example, during the day, you will see it as red, so it stands out, but you still kinda see through it.

It is an interesting concept and it adds a new dimension to what you can do with a reticle.

ILya

Reactions: maysys
    If I had this with .2 subtensions and .5 wind dots it would be on every single rifle I own. There are no more crossover FFP reticles in the marketplace and its a void that needs to be filled as precision hunting is only growing.

View attachment 7025017

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a "0.5 wind dot"?

ILya

All their SFP scopes need a simple mil with half mil hash reticle and a MOA with smaller 1 moa hash and slightly larger hashes every 2nd moa for hunters that need a simple reticle to hold over when quick shots are needed. All their FFP scopes need a dot reticle like the skmr3 or MR4.

3-18x50 FFP

Something similar to the SCR or the new SCR2. Keep the illumination on the first few mils only. I like the illuminated "T" when hunting hogs on lower power. True daytime bright would be a plus when stalking at 3x for improved FOV.

View attachment 7025017

I agree with him 100%, with the choices you have they are very poor. I do not see many selling with the current offerings.

3-18x56 FFP
    4.5-27x50 FFP
    5-30x56 FFP

Would like to see a floating dot ret with a tree in mil formation APRS 1 Style .2 mil

I use my rifle mainly for hunting so appreciate the dot and love it even more for gongs at distance.

View attachment 7025017

@koshkin
    This is what the people want!

@koshkin
    This is what the people want!

I agree that the 3-18x50 FFP and 3-18x56 FFP should have a crossover reticle of some sort. With 4.5-27x56 and 5-30x56, I am leaning toward something a little more precision oriented. It still has to have some additional features to aid low magnification and low light visibility though.

ILya

I agree that the 3-18x50 FFP and 3-18x56 FFP should have a crossover reticle of some sort. With 4.5-27x56 and 5-30x56, I am leaning toward something a little more precision oriented. It still has to have some additional features to aid low magnification and low light visibility though.

ILya
    Yup, although I would include the 2.5-15 in the crossover as well. Now we just need to nail down the 1-6x...

Yup, although I would include the 2.5-15 in the crossover as well. Now we just need to nail down the 1-6x...

2.5-15x44 in the Optika 6 is SFP only, so reticle design for that is a different animal entirely. For a scope like this I really like mil-delineated holdover reticles like Swaro BRH or Leica Ballistic. It still has all the issues associated with changing magnification, but it is more manageable than with a traditional BDC reticles. Honestly, even something like the reticle I sketched up for Vortex a while back that went into Razor HD LH (G4 BDC) would work. A simple tweak to the exsitng 4B reticle Meopta has might do the trick.

Same for the 1-6x. There is really no mystery in terms of what to use there.

ILya

1-6 would be awesome with the btr2

Wish the 2.5-15 was FFP and used the bushnell g2h but with floating dot but would also work being SFP

3–18x50 FFP skmr3
    4.5-27x56 FFP SKMR3
    5-20x56 FFP SKMR3

Attachments

• 65D4708E-6A1E-4E09-A066-C1F4E4FF1A54.png
      65D4708E-6A1E-4E09-A066-C1F4E4FF1A54.png
      308.7 KB · Views: 198
    Reactions: Soulezoo
    2.5-15x44 in the Optika 6 is SFP only, so reticle design for that is a different animal entirely. For a scope like this I really like mil-delineated holdover reticles like Swaro BRH or Leica Ballistic. It still has all the issues associated with changing magnification, but it is more manageable than with a traditional BDC reticles. Honestly, even something like the reticle I sketched up for Vortex a while back that went into Razor HD LH (G4 BDC) would work. A simple tweak to the exsitng 4B reticle Meopta has might do the trick.

Same for the 1-6x. There is really no mystery in terms of what to use there.

ILya
    Yeah I completely forgot the 2.5-15 was the only SFP only Optika6. The 1-6 does however come in both. I actually have their Meostar 1-6 in BDC3 and it's a good reticle. That one is SFP. For the FFP, something with a great 1x and 6x reticle like the Kahles SM/SL or Vudu SR3 would be great. Although I do love the 3GR in my Kahles it's better suited to SFP.