• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticles for Meopta Optika 6 scopes.

Different strokes and all. The tactical and long range types will almost always poo poo the BDC reticles, because they don’t have a personal need for it. Others will find it to be just right for their use.

I do different things with different rifles and find that a BDC reticle works for some of them. Your results may vary.

Different strokes and all. The tactical and long range types will almost always poo poo the BDC reticles, because they don’t have a personal need for it. Others will find it to be just right for their use.

I do different things with different rifles and find that a BDC reticle works for some of them. Your results may vary.
I wasn't pushing for, or against, just providing a subtension map for a member that asked what it was optimized for so he/she could determine for themselves.

Reactions: bman940
This reticle was designed around the .308 with a 168 gr bullet at 2627 fps and a BC of .442.
Thank you sir for letting us know that. (y)

I am sure I am in the minority but I never even look at what BDC's are "designed" for as none (as in absolutely, zero) of them are accurate anyway. Too many variables. I just simply look at the reticle first and see if I like the design to my eye for whatever it is I want to use the rifle for, and then go in and match up my load using the sub-tensions for whatever rifle I think I might want it on.

Once I look at what the drops work out to be with my setup, I then decide if I like the way it is setup or not. I typically use STRELOK to check this before I make a purchase. Once I have the scope in house, if I go out hunting, or competing, or to do some longer range work, I set my parameters the night before based upon average temp I will be operating in the next day and make a new dope card. This has worked well for me so far.

Reactions: 308pirate
@koshkin: You mentioned in YouTube (DLO Reviews: Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 with MRAD1 reticle overview) that you would make something another way with the 1-6x24 FFP MRAD 2 reticles. What is that?

Does anyone have real picture of the MRAD 2 reticle with 1x and 6x with and without illumination?

People seem to say "buy if you can afford it". I do like and own only European Swarovski, Zeiss and Meopta scopes and would like to buy either the Kahles K18i or the S&B PMII Dual CC for the AR, but does it make me a better shooter? What do I loose if I instead buy the Meopta 1-6x24 FFP and 1000-3000 € worth of reloading components?

@koshkin: You mentioned in YouTube (DLO Reviews: Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 with MRAD1 reticle overview) that you would make something another way with the 1-6x24 FFP MRAD 2 reticles. What is that?

Does anyone have real picture of the MRAD 2 reticle with 1x and 6x with and without illumination?

People seem to say "buy if you can afford it". I do like and own only European Swarovski, Zeiss and Meopta scopes and would like to buy either the Kahles K18i or the S&B PMII Dual CC for the AR, but does it make me a better shooter? What do I loose if I instead buy the Meopta 1-6x24 FFP and 1000-3000 € worth of reloading components?
You have to give up your cool kid card and sit at the kiddies table... :p ;)

But seriously, only you can decide what your needs are versus the great choices in all the price categories. I think that what you are really asking is how does the Meopta 1-6x24 compared to its Kahles and S&B counterparts.

You have to give up your cool kid card and sit at the kiddies table... :p ;)

But seriously, only you can decide what your needs are versus the great choices in all the price categories. I think that what you are really asking is how does the Meopta 1-6x24 compared to its Kahles and S&B counterparts.

From the availability point of view, any other scope than the Optika6 makes sense. Kahles (~2100€) and S&B (~3500€) available for shipping immediately, Meopta - no one seems to have the MRAD 2 in stock. "Back order - delivery in 1 month" sounds just like an auto generated estimation.

The only thing that worries me is the size of the horseshoe at 1x. Is it even close to what you see in Vortexes? MRAD 2 horseshoe is 3 mrad/10.31 MOA, Strike Eagle's AR-BDC3 is 16.625 MOA at 8x.

On the other hand, my Victory Diavari has only become more expensive over the years and not even available with mildot.

Have any 1-6 FFP MRAD2 even made it stateside at this point?

Last edited:
We have not seen any yet

Their distribution on this product line has been a complete faceplant even pre-Covid. Sucks because the product line is really promising too.

@koshkin Know of other LPVO's with reticles similar to your MRAD 2 that are actually obtainable? Illuminated Horseshoe/Donut of Death with a Non-BDC Mil tree below? The VCOG 1-6 Mil and the Bushnell LRHS scopes are all I can come up with as comparisons.

Is there any other useful reticle than the MRAD 1 for higher magnifications?

I don´t find any other christmas-tree reticles without BDC-crap.
And the MRAD 1 is so-so, the centercross is not for me.

Not really, MRAD-1 is pretty much it. Zplus is sorta a tree with 2-MOA hashes. IMO, reticles are the weak link for Meopta.

Here’s all the Meopta reticles on one page:

Their distribution on this product line has been a complete faceplant even pre-Covid. Sucks because the product line is really promising too.

@koshkin Know of other LPVO's with reticles similar to your MRAD 2 that are actually obtainable? Illuminated Horseshoe/Donut of Death with a Non-BDC Mil tree below? The VCOG 1-6 Mil and the Bushnell LRHS scopes are all I can come up with as comparisons.

There aren't all that many and right now a lot of stuff is out of stock. Arguably the best one is Vortex Razor Gen3, but they are hard to find.

Primary Arms has their Griffin Mil in the Platinum 1-8x24. It is a larger tree than I like, but conceptually it is more or less what you are looking for. Their Platinum products are from LOW, so it is the same core design we have seen with quite a few makers. Illumination is not the brightest, but it works with the donut and the scope is well built.

ILya

There aren't all that many and right now a lot of stuff is out of stock. Arguably the best one is Vortex Razor Gen3, but they are hard to find.

Primary Arms has their Griffin Mil in the Platinum 1-8x24. It is a larger tree than I like, but conceptually it is more or less what you are looking for. Their Platinum products are from LOW, so it is the same core design we have seen with quite a few makers. Illumination is not the brightest, but it works with the donut and the scope is well built.

ILya

Any plans for testing the new Ares ETR 1-10 Mil?

An MRAD version of the Z-Plus reticle would be a decent place to start IMO. Or a BDC reticle with an MRAD horizontal baseline. In a scope with MRAD turrets. Dial for longer distances and BDC 4-500 yards. I like the idea of the Optika 5 platform for hunting but not in its current configuration.

Not really, MRAD-1 is pretty much it. Zplus is sorta a tree with 2-MOA hashes. IMO, reticles are the weak link for Meopta.

Here’s all the Meopta reticles on one page:

Got me a 5-30x56 FFP MRAD.

Dunno if it was here or elsewhere, where someone mentioned, that the sun shade of the Athlon fits it perfectly.
Confirmed, it does!

Thanks to whomever it has written.

Funny sidenote:
While the Optika6 are widely spread over the USA, you barely can´t get one in stock in Europe.
Bought mine in Austria to get one at all.
Shipping costs were about 5% of the price of the scope.

Anyhow, I like it so far.
(y)

Reactions: gnochi
Just got a 3-18x50 FFP MRAD in today and I think I'll really like it for a mid-long range hunting rifle. Was surprised to see Sport Optics had some in stock Monday, bought one then, delivered today.