• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticles: thru scope pics! ZCO, TT, NF, S&B, Minox, Horus, Steiner, Kahles, March, Vortex, and More!

Does anyone have h2cmr?

1551123179660.jpeg

Requesting some more Minox ZP5 5-25 pics with the MR4 reticle. Full zoom, 20x, 15x, variety of backgrounds…

The one we have has a real cluttered background and is a wee fuzzy. I know, ya get what you pay for. Anyway, it would be much appreciated.

Anyone able to post real life pics of these reticles thru the scope? Trying to find out which my eye prefers. Post what ya got. Thank you!

Edit: Anything you want posted let me know, will edit in. Otherwise if you have better pics or illuminated pics of a certain reticle posted, send them my way.
Currently:
Tree reticles-- Post #8
Traditional reticles-- Post #9
Horus reticles--Post #11
Luepold MK5 CCH
Minox ZP5 MR 420190322_174633.jpg
20190913_163350.jpg

Kahles K624i with AMR - Not the best Picture but you can see how that the dots are less intrusive than they appear on paper.

Attachments

• AMR.png
    AMR.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 253
Reactions: Squibbler
Requesting some more Minox ZP5 5-25 pics with the MR4 reticle. Full zoom, 20x, 15x, variety of backgrounds…

The one we have has a real cluttered background and is a wee fuzzy. I know, ya get what you pay for. Anyway, it would be much appreciated.

I don't have a ZP5, so can't help you there. The one I posted came from another hide member. Here's another MR4 he gave me, if it helps at all. Not sure at what mag. it was taken.

Screenshot_20190219-223031.png

IMG_20180415_193602_644.jpg

Here's a Gen 2 XR inside of a Tangent Theta backed down to only 5x magnification. Gets pretty darn skinny when you go below 7x or 8x, and is realistically the most usable at about 12x when you can still see the full tree in the scope but you don't really have anything extra below the tree visible.

I still personally prefer my TReMoR3 because I like reticles with a lot of information and I strongly prefer a center dot to a crosshair, but as far as "minimal" reticles go the Gen 2 XR fits the bill for many people.

I actually quite like the newer Gen 3 Xr since it has a better tree and a small center dot like I prefer. I say the tree is better because it branches out for windage on every full mil instead of every other mil, and each of those branches goes out wider. The tree on the Gen 3 XR is also less confusing because the dots are 0.2mils and the pluses are full mils, with the dots being substantially smaller than the pluses. On the Gen 2 XR it's easier to get lost because dots are used as 0.5 mils for windage, but they use dots for full mils of elevation and the dots are the same size as the pluses so it makes it less clear that they're representing a value smaller than 1 full mil.

Looks like Chief's place. Has he pushed the range past 700 yards? I know he was talking about extending the range some time ago.
EJ

Dunno.... Halfmad posted this pic in other thread. I enlarged and posted here for others to view. Been waiting for real life pics of TT315H

Looks like Chief's place. Has he pushed the range past 700 yards? I know he was talking about extending the range some time ago.
EJ

Certainly is chief's. The last target is now at 750 and if he isn't busy you can back up and make it 800.

Do they come with that Terminator vision upgrade? Sweet!

The 3-12 and 4-16 mildot reticles come with the choke rangefinder, but the 3-12 SSG/-P has the elevation indicator/rangefinder as well.

The 3.5-26 did away with the choke rangefinder, as well as the solid mildots, my personal peeve with it.

As far as those red rings from the Hensoldt web page stock pics, I didn’t quite get why they did that weirdism.

Last edited:
@koshkin

Have room on your site to make a page where you have a list of reticles, click on it and it shows a page with pictures of said reticle?

I’m still learning/setting up a website. I’ll do it at some point if not.

Seems easier than scrolling through a thread.
It would be pretty cool to be able to select two reticles side by side on a web page at equal magnification.

Have there been any new developments on the scope rating/comparison idea from earlier this year?

I have three 7-35x ATACRs with mil-xt rets. I don’t really need anymore scopes. But I do appreciate that reticle.
I’m right there with you. What’s always turned me off a bit from the MI-XT is all the hashes and numbers. Tract’s PRS skips every other number and simplifies the “jaggedness” of the MIL-XT stadia. Only change for me would be to cut off the top stadia like NF did.

I’m right there with you. What’s always turned me off a bit from the MI-XT is all the hashes and numbers. Tract’s PRS skips every other number and simplifies the “jaggedness” of the MIL-XT stadia. Only change for me would be to cut off the top stadia like NF did.

the only thing I would change is two things on the vertical stabia. I would take away the 0.5 hash mark and put the 0.2 on both sides. But really it’s well balanced as is.

Anyone have photos of Nightforce Mil-CF2 illuminated? I have googled and can’t find.

NF ATACR 1-8X24 FC-DMX

Cell phone pictures, my phone really struggles with illuminated reticle pictures. Even on low brightness.

1x
j6UgPQi.jpg

3x
1mxtSB1.jpg

8x
T59YzeM.jpg

Trijicon ta44 acss
zH4BfVE.jpg

tVQf2Ai.jpg

Last edited: