• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Retumbo vs H1000

matt452326

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2021
NC
I have got my hands on some H1000 and some retumbo. I have a load for my 338 using the 285gr eldm its going near 2850 fps with rl25. I picked up some 300gr atip. I would like to know if anyone has used H1000 or retumbo to load these 300gr atips. Any help will be gladly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

In terms of burn speed they're nearly identical. I see way more H1000 in my AO, and I keep a lot of it on hand for .300WM. I only see the pound jars of Retumbo, and I try to only buy jugs. They're both temp stable stick powders (meter like shit). I damn near think it's marketing and they're the same thing, although some may vehemently disagree...

I shoot 230s, which are super heavies out of the .300WM, and I would think you'll get great performance with either @300gr in a .338. What other people experience may or may not be applicable. It seems to me that every rifle is different, and you just sort of have to experiment with powder and seating depth to find a sweet spot.

First of all… 338 What?

Secondly, H1000 and Retumbo are NOT the same powder in burn rate

Thats not what I said Professor Deushbag.
Yer mistake was giving yer opinion, fwiw, in my 31.5" 300 prc it takes .3 grain more retumbo to equal h1000 velocity. But my numbers are better with h1k.
Now go punch yersef in the nuts for posting, I'll do the same.

“Insults are my default reaction, fuckstick!”

For a 338 Lapua with 300gr projectiles (either Sierra or Berger), I prefer Re33 over Retumbo or H1000.

I tried H1000 with 300gr bergers and pressured out pretty slow. I switched to n570 and 285gr ELD-M.