• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Return to zero mounts

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
SO Im looking for my first set of quick release scope mounts. I did some searching through old threads and many were rather old so I wasnt sure if there were any new products out there. But is there any set up that has a better track record on being close to holding zero. I know there is going too be a slight shift potentially. And when doing this how important is it to match the mount and the base with the sam brand or product line? Any product suggestions would be highly appreciated,
thanks

Re: Return to zero mounts

Larue LT-719

Picture009-1.jpg

LT-719_Ultra-Low-Mount_Small.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Larue LT-719

Picture009-1.jpg

</div></div>

AR15 or 10?

EDIT: Looked closer and saw LAR-15

Id suggest LaRue as well, very well made and held zero for my scope when i took it on and off my AR.

I have a PH 3-15 in a Larue LT-158. I switch it between my ar15 and my ar10 all the time. No zero shift. Great piece of gear.

I have several different Larue mounts and their QD rings on AR-10 and AR-15 rifles. They are all return to zero with no shift. I remove and reinstall scopes all the time to switch between day and night optics as well as to run iron sights. The Larue mounts/rings are the best setups I have used.

I have to go with Larue as well

I use this on my m4 and it works very well. Goes back to zero every time.

or you could go with this

Hope this helps

Sounds like larue has it in this area. Swfa suggested an ARMS mount to me as well. Any pros or cons going with a one piece QD unit versus seperate QD rings?

These are a great idea especially with ar style weapon with flip up battle sights such as troy's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like larue has it in this area. Swfa suggested an ARMS mount to me as well. Any pros or cons going with a one piece QD unit versus seperate QD rings? </div></div>

Depending on your set up. You are going to get lower height withe the 2 pieces, because you don't need the added material like the 1 piece.

Also you can get better eye relief with the 1 piece, depending on how you have your rail setup.

What are your thoughts on a gg&g 1 piece mount compared to the larue 1 piece?

LaRue wins hands down, the price difference is negligible and the fact that ML stands behind all of his products 100% makes it worth it for me. Many independent tests have shown that LT mounts hold Zero all of the time. you can check out their page in the industry section on AR15.com to read up a little more if you would like but my LT123's LT104's LT139 and various other LT products are all top notch. Oh and the tons of schwag is very nice as well. gotta love the dillo dust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Larue LT-719

Picture009-1.jpg

</div></div>

Man that looks waaaay low to be getting any kind of proper cheek weld on an AR? Sure I know everyone is different, & if it works for ya, then great. Just sayin' I'd need a more of a sideways 'temple weld' to see through the nice NXS in those mounts...

Heck, even the USO Posa-slide mount was too low for me @ 1.2". The extra 0.3" of the LaRue one pc. mount is a much more natural fit for me and I rock them on several ARs. And yes, quite repeatable!

I use a Larue

but if your mounting a larger optic and want to shoot longer ranges with an AR308 type platform I would grab the LTR158, it has 10moa of cant built in and the it is pretty easy to get the right eye relief with these m4 style cantilever mounts.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=42

One thing I see is people don't read the instructions that come with these mounts and don't properly tighten down the lock nuts, read and follow the directions and they will work everytime

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Man that looks waaaay low to be getting any kind of proper cheek weld on an AR? Sure I know everyone is different, & if it works for ya, then great. Just sayin' I'd need a more of a sideways 'temple weld' to see through the nice NXS in those mounts...

Heck, even the USO Posa-slide mount was too low for me @ 1.2". The extra 0.3" of the LaRue one pc. mount is a much more natural fit for me and I rock them on several ARs. And yes, quite repeatable!

</div></div>

Take a closer look . . .

The rings (0.885") are on top a CASV-M rail (0.625"). My actual centerline above the receiver is 1.51", which is on par with every other one-piece QD mount that sits directly on the receiver rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like larue has it in this area. Swfa suggested an ARMS mount to me as well. Any pros or cons going with a one piece QD unit versus seperate QD rings? </div></div>

You do NOT want ARMS mounts, ever. You were given bad advice and I would buy from a retailer who will give you good advice.

Larue if you can afford it or need the quality.
I run Warne QD's which some don't like but they are cheap enough to have on everything I own and good enough for a low speed user like me
wink.gif
Fit back well within an MOA which is good enough for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a closer look . . . </div></div>
Thanks for pointing that out, sir. I apologize for not taking notice before posting...