• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Revic Optics is launching

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Introducing Revic Optics

Cody, WY – April 25, 2017 – A new and game-changing optics company has now hit the market in Revic Optics out of Cody, Wyoming. The name already spells out what this new brand is about: revolutionizing the optics industry.

Revic Optics cuts out the layers of the “traditional” optics industry by going directly to the consumer. Eliminating the need for retailers, distributors, etc. Revic is able to invest more money and time into developing the absolute best products for today’s customer. Consumers no longer need to pay the margins found in the traditional sales distribution channels, which drives up the retail price.

“Developing products without price targets means that we don’t have limits on what we can bring to market,” says Aaron Davidson, CEO of Revic Optics.

Revic Optics is built on the core belief of not compromising quality and being transparent in the process. Partnering with the best suppliers, they produce the best products, with the best features, from the highest-quality materials for the lowest price possible.

The team at Revic Optics is made up of shooters and hunters, not just brand executives. They know what customers need and want in an optic, since they themselves are the customers.

To find out more and join the revolution in optics, go to www.revicoptics.com.

Revic Optics Launches at NRA Convention 2017

Cody, WY – April 25, 2017 – Revic Optics will be launching its brand and first series of groundbreaking optics products at this year’s NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in Atlanta, Georgia. Visit booth 3677 and go through the training and demonstration area to get a full understanding of what sets Revic Optics apart from the rest of the traditional optics industry.

About Revic Optics: Built on the core belief of not compromising quality and delivering the best optics products for the best prices, Revic Optics is redefining the optics business. Going directly to the consumer, they eliminate the unnecessary layers and costs of “traditional” sales distribution channels, thus allowing them to invest more into their products. The Revic Optics engineering team partners with the best suppliers, to produce the best products, with the best features, from the highest-quality materials for the lowest price possible. To find out more, visit www.revicoptics.com.

Have you seen any of their product Frank? Everything in the press release is just "sunshine" but very short on specifics.

Yes I have seen it, super elegant for a scope with a ballistic component

Here it is
    IMG_0199.JPG

I guess I will have time to see brief info as I am looking to buy something roughly in the 3k range in a month (minox, kahles etc). I can always wait a bit if intriguing enough, but hope they release good details or I will just go ahead as planned.

No, it's an everything scope

it basically replaces the Kestrel has weather, Ballistic Solvers, Bluetooth to the phone, etc.

It's more like a Vortex GEN 2 Razor as it's very similar in many ways to that, in fact, I believe it started life as the same base scope and was modified from there.

I'm impressed with the marketing idea of going direct to the consumer. My question though is how is the customer going to get some "touchy feely" with the scopes in order to be convinced to buy one?

Probably the same way most do (not trying to be a smart ass here), through friends at the range and internet reviews and comments on boards such as the Hide. I think most of us have bought high end scopes based on just that, as sad as that is when you think about it...

Yeah, I can see some scopes at the range but there are no stores anywhere near me that stock scopes above the shv line...sucks but basically have to do they best without trying everything.

I'm impressed with the marketing idea of going direct to the consumer. My question though is how is the customer going to get some "touchy feely" with the scopes in order to be convinced to buy one?

Well, how does the consumer get hands-on with most of the scopes out there now? Not trying to be a dick, but they don't. I have NEVER seen a S&B, Nightforce, TT, Kahles, USO, Minox, or Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 in a store. Never. Not once. Ever. I've asked in various guns shops, and the reply is usually a blank stare because nobody's ever heard of these scopes. Most gun shops carry Bushnell and Burris. What local gun shop is going to carry a $4,000 scope? Most people I know buy their glass online.

Well, how does the consumer get hands-on with most of the scopes out there now? Not trying to be a dick, but they don't. I have NEVER seen a S&B, Nightforce, TT, Kahles, USO, Minox, or Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 in a store. Never. Not once. Ever. I've asked in various guns shops, and the reply is usually a blank stare because nobody's ever heard of these scopes. Most gun shops carry Bushnell and Burris. What local gun shop is going to carry a $4,000 scope? Most people I know buy their glass online.

Depends where you live and/or travel. I've fingered all of the above except the TT.
    Hell, Cabelas has the Vortex GenII and the high end NF.

The sad part is the local shops can't compete due to the sales tax they must charge. It really ads up on the high end stuff.

I don't think you're being a dick. It's a fair response. I will say I had my hands on all the major scopes, or at least their brand before I bought them. And, in many cases that I didn't buy them, I was at least able to get the touchy feely at a store. The one exception was USO where I bought on reputation after getting to shoot one. I still have two of the four I purchased. I sold two as someone was willing to pay what I did when I needed the money.

Long story short, does anyone know if these will get around the LR shooting crowd via reps? And, if so how well communicated is it going to be to not only meet them but get a chance to shoot them a little and see how useful they are.

I am curious how they are going to handle temperature. Your rifle sitting in the sun, or a cool car in the summer, sun soaked on the firing line waiting for your turn, hell just shooting and then putting a scope cover on.

We can swing a kestrel and fix that situation......RO's are going to trip when I start swinging my rifle around.

Not just temperature but recoil as well having an effect on all of those electronic goodies packed inside taking a beating at the range..

This was one of the coolest things at the NRA show. And I saw damn near everything. Days on days of speaking to engineers.

They plan to sell factory direct. Projected pricing was $2999 or so.

The zero stop adjustment is tool-less and done with a loaded cartridge in seconds. It's slick. Like lol slick when you see it.

Head dude has some connections to Gunwerks. Might own them too. Dunno. He was a really cool and knowledgeable dude.

Spoke to them about a Hide group buy at a discount and he was extremely receptive.

How about a bone? I mean Facts?I Mean Pictures? Are you a salesman or a Illuminator of truths? Lets stop with the dog and pony show and produce some cold hard details. Hype Man? I went to their site after shot show and what have I learned since then? A whole lot of nothing! We're all adults here, maybe? Or at least I would like to be treated like one every now and then. This Mysterious cloak they
    throw over the product doesn't make me want to buy it any more than the fucking box of lucky charms I didn't like as a kid.

What gives?........

Are you in their pocket or our corner? We all know which one pays you more.

Your videos always seam to lead with I know more than I'm legally allowed to disclose?????????

I'm still waiting for a review of the Sig Sauer Tango 6 Line, or whatever generation(since the 2nd one is out) of free scope they gave you and haven't paid you to do a review of (or advertise here), LowLight. I look to you ,as many do here to find the positives and negatives of any product relevant to the shooting community. You don't owe me or anyone here anything. Well maybe the pay customers something? When I see you posting photos of shooting certain rifles/scopes and not stating a formal opinion on a scope/rifles you are using? I start to scratch my head, Why? Only you can answer these questions or Not?

If you said, "Fuck Off" it might make me feel better???

Convince me, I need this Pen?

A lot of talk about "going straight to the consumer", "lowest price possible" and "cutting needless margins", got me excited for a quality budget optic.
    But then they drop a scope with a 3000$ price tag...

Fuck off you self important cunt. No one gives two fucks what you buy.

You don't need this. Buy something else. I thought the sig line had crappy glass and inconsistent tactile feel to them. But they looked spaceship cool. Go buy one of them.

I was told a ton more than I posted above. I was shown a ton more than I posted. And I don't own a forum or publish reviews for product or livelihood.

A lot of talk about "going straight to the consumer", "lowest price possible" and "cutting needless margins", got me excited for a quality budget optic.

It's a $2200 vortex razor gen 2 with a computer, bluetooth app integration, and lcd inside. For $2900ish. So $700ish more. Come the fuck on...

You don't need this. Buy something else. I thought the sig line had crappy glass and inconsistent tactile feel to them. But they looked spaceship cool. Go buy one of them.

I was told a ton more than I posted above. I was shown a ton more than I posted. And I don't own a forum or publish reviews for product or livelihood.

glad you said it, cause i was about to lol

Coming from you, this means more to me than a ban from LowLight. All I want are some details about the scope instead of some marketing hype! Its too late, I've already bought three tango 4 lines and sold two. I've only kept the 4-16x44 dev-l Moa version. I've been asking Lowlight politely for a review of the Tango 6 lines. Which are two to three times more expensive than the tango 4's. Since asking nicely and that hasn't worked, I've take a different corse of action. I guess it ruffled your feathers. So it did have some effect, just not the one I'm after?

Congratulations! Your in the know, us little pee ons are just going to have to wait for somebody to tell us little people what the deal is or looks like.

Congratulations! Your in the know, us little pee ons are just going to have to wait for somebody to tell us little people what the deal is or looks like.

You could be to. All it took was a flight, a hotel reservation, and a few days of walking around. I don't introduce myself or even wear a badge. I wore a $7 target hanes tshirt, worn out carharts and flip flops.

Let me know when you book tickets for next years show. I'll take you out for dinner one night.

I don't think anyone called this a "budget" optic. However, in the world of quality riflescopes, this thing could be a huge bargain if it delivers on the quality and features. $3k is much better than I was expecting, and puts it right in the middle of higher end glass prices while offering tech that no one else has successfully brought to the table yet.

Keep in mind that there are details that the manufacturers wish to keep quiet temporarily. Frank gets information not for public consumption because he knows how to keep his mouth closed. If he didnt he wouldn't be getting information in advance. I've already learned more about this new scope from reading the threads here than I have anywhere else. I'm patiently waiting for details just like the rest of you.

lol

How about a bone? I mean Facts?I Mean Pictures? Are you a salesman or a Illuminator of truths? Lets stop with the dog and pony show and produce some cold hard details. Hype Man? I went to their site after shot show and what have I learned since then? A whole lot of nothing! We're all adults here, maybe? Or at least I would like to be treated like one every now and then. This Mysterious cloak they
    throw over the product doesn't make me want to buy it any more than the fucking box of lucky charms I didn't like as a kid.

What gives?........

Are you in their pocket or our corner? We all know which one pays you more.

Your videos always seam to lead with I know more than I'm legally allowed to disclose?????????

I'm still waiting for a review of the Sig Sauer Tango 6 Line, or whatever generation(since the 2nd one is out) of free scope they gave you and haven't paid you to do a review of (or advertise here), LowLight. I look to you ,as many do here to find the positives and negatives of any product relevant to the shooting community. You don't owe me or anyone here anything. Well maybe the pay customers something? When I see you posting photos of shooting certain rifles/scopes and not stating a formal opinion on a scope/rifles you are using? I start to scratch my head, Why? Only you can answer these questions or Not?

This is directed at ME ?

Wholly fuck,

I have a detailed PDF but was told to not share it. That is part of the deal that gets you inside information, is not sharing it when asked not too. They were more than happy to lay out the details, but to be honest, it's hard to illustrate them by just saying, "It's a computer with X,Y, & Z". But I do have images and a spec sheet in hand.

In their pocket... how about FUCK OFF... I have not taken a DIME from them, and don't charge anyone for reviews I do. It's my time, my ammo, my video equipment, my editing, nobody pays me for any of this work. Nobody pays me for reviews, you don't see ads in my reviews for the product, (Do you see a SIG Ad on SH ?) This is my business and ads pay the bills, that doesn't mean I don't say no, or turn shit down. I do not sell shit to just sell shit, notice the ads you do see. I have said NO to more than one company who wants to leverage this place.

Unfortunately, coming back to SH proper has been great on so many levels, but also 3x more work that needs to be done. I highly doubt anyone noticed but the home page was re-done in the last two weeks. That takes time, for fucks sake, shit takes time if you want to do it right. I have no desire to mislead anyone and do a 1 day review on a scope that might die 2 days later. If you don't think it happens ask me why no Athlon review yet, cause the first scope went back after it lost zero at the 250 round mark. Had I done the review after 100 rounds I would have never experienced the problem, then I would be the bad guy. I would be the one who rushed it, and missed something and you'd all jump on my shit.

This optic was at NRA, it was at SHOT, Chris as been very forth coming on the function and details. It's not a secret. The guys who went to NRA are correct, I was contacted about a special group buy release of this optic, leveraging the SH Community to get you a deal on what I believe is the most elegant and cost effective solution to a scope with software to date. If they see you being a complete dick that shit goes away.

Wholly Fuck you sir can go to Facebook for all we care.

This is directed at ME ?

Wholly fuck,

I have a detailed PDF but was told to not share it. That is part of the deal that gets you inside information, is not sharing it when asked not too. They were more than happy to lay out the details, but to be honest, it's hard to illustrate them by just saying, "It's a computer with X,Y, & Z". But I do have images and a spec sheet in hand.

In their pocket... how about FUCK OFF... I have not taken a DIME from them, and don't charge anyone for reviews I do. It's my time, my ammo, my video equipment, my editing, nobody pays me for any of this work. Nobody pays me for reviews, you don't see ads in my reviews for the product, (Do you see a SIG Ad on SH ?) This is my business and ads pay the bills, that doesn't mean I don't say no, or turn shit down. I do not sell shit to just sell shit, notice the ads you do see. I have said NO to more than one company who wants to leverage this place.

Unfortunately, coming back to SH proper has been great on so many levels, but also 3x more work that needs to be done. I highly doubt anyone noticed but the home page was re-done in the last two weeks. That takes time, for fucks sake, shit takes time if you want to do it right. I have no desire to mislead anyone and do a 1 day review on a scope that might die 2 days later. If you don't think it happens ask me why no Athlon review yet, cause the first scope went back after it lost zero at the 250 round mark. Had I done the review after 100 rounds I would have never experienced the problem, then I would be the bad guy. I would be the one who rushed it, and missed something and you'd all jump on my shit.

This optic was at NRA, it was at SHOT, Chris as been very forth coming on the function and details. It's not a secret. The guys who went to NRA are correct, I was contacted about a special group buy release of this optic, leveraging the SH Community to get you a deal on what I believe is the most elegant and cost effective solution to a scope with software to date. If they see you being a complete dick that shit goes away.

Wholly Fuck you sir can go to Facebook for all we care.

On the Athlon note, any chance to retry it? I'm assuming it was a Cronus. I got one coming, hopefully it's fairs better than yours.

Thanks Frank!

I'm interested in one, I'm going to wait till I can play with one of these before I pull the trigger on an AMG

Last edited:
    at least the MOA version you can play with it and see the functionality. I want MIL though. Is there an integrated rangefinder ? Or it just tells you the distance based off what your dialed to along with the environmental characteristics factored in?

Included is the Cut Sheet for the Optic

Download it, answers the questions

Frank , THANKS for sharing what you can ! . After reviewing the cut sheet I'm sure some SISSY MARY will chime in that it's TOO HEAVY ! just like the RAZOR GEN II , to Mary I say grow a SET !
    I can't wait to se how this product performs and should have the funds about the time in-depth reviews and product become available .
    Thanks Again !

There is no laser in it, the range numbers correspond to the elevation dialed on the turret. As you dial the turrets the viewer gives you the range.

It's coming from Gunwerks so of course, it's MOA first Mils will be coming, not sure why the delay between the two, but there is.

This links to software and has weather inside, so you set it up like any app but you see the settings inside the scope. The HUD is very small and at 12 O Clock so it's not in the way.