• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Revic PMR 428 thoughts?

Pmr sunshade arrived and clears easily with this mount. Have room to manipulate bolt as well.
Hopefully get to sight it in tomorrow
Sorry man,
I just received the email with this question and never saw it pop up on the thread. The sunscreen was from Revic/Gunwerks just had to call as it is not on the website.

I think missed the boat on the Revic

I still think it is the most accessible and elegant solution for software in a scope we have today.

They updated the firmware, it can accept inputs from a variety of sources, and it's growing.

At Shot Aaron said it could take all the inputs from the Trijicon Ventis and use the wind data in it's solution.

This IS the electronic scope people wanted, yet many overlooked it, especially when we had it available here for a nice discount.

The funny part is, doesn't really matter Mil or MOA because you can just change it to Yards, and dial the range you need. In the field matches guys are using the binos to get solutions, here you just need a range, then dial that distance. It can cut out a step, just like they are they are trying do anyways.

it holds up

I think missed the boat on the Revic

I still think it is the most accessible and elegant solution for software in a scope we have today.

They updated the firmware, it can accept inputs from a variety of sources, and it's growing.

At Shot Aaron said it could take all the inputs from the Trijicon Ventis and use the wind data in it's solution.

This IS the electronic scope people wanted, yet many overlooked it, especially when we had it available here for a nice discount.

The funny part is, doesn't really matter Mil or MOA because you can just change it to Yards, and dial the range you need. In the field matches guys are using the binos to get solutions, here you just need a range, then dial that distance. It can cut out a step, just like they are they are trying do anyways.

it holds up
Did you get a chance to handle the Rivic Ballistic hand held device at Shot lowlight. Someone mentioned that it is coming very very soon. Any thoughts

The funny part is, doesn't really matter Mil or MOA because you can just change it to Yards, and dial the range you need.

Funny you say that. I was having a conversation recently regarding this scope. Of course it got into MOA vs. Mil and I literally said what you stated. It doesn't matter. You don't even pay attention to the turret position. Range, dial to match, shoot, smile and repeat.

Thanks again for that discount last year......that was a helluva deal!...glad I took advantage.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Yeah, I currently have mine on my Valkyrie and everytime I get behind it, I'm impressed by the overall package. Great scopes.

I've been wanting to try one and finally ordered the mill version from Brownells with a 10% code. Just came in last night and I played with it a bit, updated firmware and made a few profiles.

Can the zero stop be set to allow dialing a few tenths below zero?

Did they do away with the "moa" mode that gives you turret position rather than dialed range?

I’ve got one coming as well. Should get it Monday. I’m actually excited to try it out. I think it’ll be great work flow wise as frank mentioned for field matches or team matches. Not sure it’ll make a huge difference in standard PRS/NRL matches where distances are given and there’s off the clock prep time but we’ll see. Look forward to running it in all match types and find out.

Took mine out to the range for the first time yesterday. First impressions are this thing is awesome! Went 6/6 from first round impact at 1028yds in some halfway decent wind. 7-10mph. The Mil reticle isn’t bad at all. You forget it’s there honestly.

Comparing dope side by side with geoballistics, StrelokPro, and others it was close, but the Revic and “dialing to distance” with it proved to be more accurate.

Glass is most definitely razor 2 level at best and much worse than what I’m used too lol my NF 7-35 is much better glass and let’s not even start with my ZCO.
On the Revic, DoF is shallower, contrast isn’t as good, colors are a bit more muted. Resolution isn’t in the same class at 100yds. Looking through it took some adjustment and tempered expectations on my end. Parallax was in fact surprisingly forgiving though which is nice.

Turrets are also average at best. But 12 mils per turn and good spacing is really nice and makes up for some of it.

I wish every scope re-zero was as easy. It’s TT level easy. So nice.

I’ll be running it in a match this weekend with shots out to 1016yds so will hopefully have some good info.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Yeah, the turrets (zero'ing) are the schiznits...I wish more had turrets that zero'ed the same way. Caveman easy.

Yeah, the turrets (zero'ing) are the schiznits...I wish more had turrets that zero'ed the same way. Caveman easy.

Yea I know. Especially since it’s pretty obvious the scope externally is a Japanese oem I’m surprised more companies haven’t adopted this.

Are you still running yours? I’ll be running mine at your guys match this month as well.

Mines on my Valk at the moment, which isn't feeding consistently enough for a match. So that, and the fact I'm still recovering from surgery negates me shooting the match. I'll be RO'ing though (as usual), so I'll be curious to see how it works for you. Mine is staying on the Valk for now, since I'll be dragging it up to Montana for PD's this summer, but I've been contemplating putting on one of my 6.5CM's to run in a match. May do that this fall...

Reactions: GBMaryland
The mil reticle really isn't bad. They did a good job with the subtensions so that the main crosshair is what naturally stands out. The thicker posts coming in from 9, 12, and 3 are exactly what I like to see on a scope that will be used at the lower end of the mag range as well.

Does anyone else's elevation turret seem to have some "dead spots" where the shoot to range indicator doesn't respond to .1 adjustments? Example I can dial up click by click and it registers the change but there are several spots in the rotation where I can dial back down and it won't respond until a .2-.3 change. When I hit one of these dead spots it's consistent.

Also take quite a bit of effort to actually get it to click into "0"? Mine does and then I have to keep CW tension on it while locking the turret down or it jumps over to .1.

I've emailed them twice with no reply. Called today, talked to someone and then got transferred to an answering machine in "customer support."

I have mixed feelings so far coming from a gen ii razor.

Sounds like you might have an issue with your scope; mine exhibits none of those symptoms/issues.

As to their CS...yeah, I e-mailed a few weeks ago, and didn't get a response...at all. Never got around to calling them with the question. Maybe SHOT had them short staffed(?)...

Sounds like you might have an issue with your scope; mine exhibits none of those symptoms/issues.

As to their CS...yeah, I e-mailed a few weeks ago, and didn't get a response...at all. Never got around to calling them with the question. Maybe SHOT had them short staffed(?)...

I had a minor issue with my Revic, first release, their CS was very responsive. Guessing you're right about shot.

The mil reticle really isn't bad. They did a good job with the subtensions so that the main crosshair is what naturally stands out. The thicker posts coming in from 9, 12, and 3 are exactly what I like to see on a scope that will be used at the lower end of the mag range as well.

Does anyone else's elevation turret seem to have some "dead spots" where the shoot to range indicator doesn't respond to .1 adjustments? Example I can dial up click by click and it registers the change but there are several spots in the rotation where I can dial back down and it won't respond until a .2-.3 change. When I hit one of these dead spots it's consistent.

Also take quite a bit of effort to actually get it to click into "0"? Mine does and then I have to keep CW tension on it while locking the turret down or it jumps over to .1.

I've emailed them twice with no reply. Called today, talked to someone and then got transferred to an answering machine in "customer support."

I have mixed feelings so far coming from a gen ii razor.

Yea they were at SHOT and now that other hunting expo so could be a little while being tied up.

Mine does similar to what yours does @newguy2k3v2. I figured it was just tolerances. To get it back to 0 and lock down I do have to maintain CW twist while I’m pushing down. And I do notice some spots where I dial .1 and it won’t change the distance.
I’ll be interested to hear the response they give you. If that’s not “acceptable tolerances” and the elevation turret is supposed to be anything like the windage turret in mine, it’ll take this scope to a higher level for me. But I’m still willing to put up with it because the onboard ballistic calc will be huge for me in team matches, hunting, etc.

Yea they were at SHOT and now that other hunting expo so could be a little while being tied up.

Mine does similar to what yours does @newguy2k3v2. I figured it was just tolerances. To get it back to 0 and lock down I do have to maintain CW twist while I’m pushing down. And I do notice some spots where I dial .1 and it won’t change the distance.
I’ll be interested to hear the response they give you. If that’s not “acceptable tolerances” and the elevation turret is supposed to be anything like the windage turret in mine, it’ll take this scope to a higher level for me. But I’m still willing to put up with it because the onboard ballistic calc will be huge for me in team matches, hunting, etc.

I'm thinking the .1 click not changing the yard line, might be the curve gradient having a rounding error in relation to the encoder granularity of the knob. If I had to guess, the curve is not plotted every yard; probably like every 5-10 yds (especially at closer ranges). This would save on storage space (size of the files) as well as limit power consumption in having to recalculate the curve every time the knob is turned/touched.

This is purely conjecture on my part, but if I were building a scope like this, that's how I'd shave SWAP (Size, Weight, And Power) to extend battery life and maximize available memory/storage. Kind of like how the scope won't always "zero" on the HUD at exactly 100yds. It's a hardware (encoder) to software variance that realistically is lost in the noise (you can't realistically shoot the difference).

Reactions: Covertnoob5
I'm thinking the .1 click not changing the yard line, might be the curve gradient having a rounding error in relation to the encoder granularity of the knob. If I had to guess, the curve is not plotted every yard; probably like every 5-10 yds (especially at closer ranges). This would save on storage space (size of the files) as well as limit power consumption in having to recalculate the curve every time the knob is turned/touched.

This is purely conjecture on my part, but if I were building a scope like this, that's how I'd shave SWAP (Size, Weight, And Power) to extend battery life and maximize available memory/storage. Kind of like how the scope won't always "zero" on the HUD at exactly 100yds. It's a hardware (encoder) to software variance that realistically is lost in the noise (you can't realistically shoot the difference).

It seems like a lash issue with the encoder. Dialing up I get a change every tenth but at several places if I dial back down .1 I get no change. If I continue down all the way back to zero it acknowledges every click. It comes up when changing direction.

What rings are you using,

Normally when you can dial one direction and it works but not the other direction, the rings are binding the gimbal

Spuhr. Actually started in a 30 moa mount then switched to a 4802 when I found out it had enough travel to work.

Eta: it appears to be adjusting the reticle it's just that the ballistic computer is not seeing or not aknowledging the change in turret position at times

Eta:2 they got back with me. Tried turret position sensor recalibration but. No change. They want to get it back and either fix this one or figure out a firmware solution as it may just be a tolerance stacking vs coding issue. Sucks but it is what it is I guess.

Last edited:
Thinking of picking up a Revic Mil left handed model since they are on sale for a good price. I being reading up on them and it seems the only difference between the right and left hand models is the power throw. On the right hand model you go counter clockwise to increase the magnification and clockwise on the left, unless I am missing something else. Any of you right handed shooters using a left handed model, without issue?

Thinking of picking up a Revic Mil left handed model since they are on sale for a good price. I being reading up on them and it seems the only difference between the right and left hand models is the power throw. On the right hand model you go counter clockwise to increase the magnification and clockwise on the left, unless I am missing something else. Any of you right handed shooters using a left handed model, without issue?

Yeah, the battery is the difference (so it doesn't inhibit the rifle bolt's travel)

Ran mine today in a local match. Used only the on board ballistics and dialed for everything today. Won the match 51/59 points so it seems to work really well. And held up so far, but it’s not a lot of time yet.

The reticle might look busy but honestly when you dial for everything you forget it’s there.

It’s definitely an adjustment dialing to a distance instead of looking up at your turrets for a number. So I’d practice that a good bit. Everything lines up well tho with proper inputs.

So far so good and hopefully they continue to support the scope with updates and add new features. And I’m sure it’ll be awesome once they release the BH1

Last edited:
I love it when covert lays out his thoughts. Holds nothing back and tells it like it is. Good on you brother.

Man I love mine on a hunting rig don’t think it can be beat

I agree. I’m taking mine hunting this coming weekend and I think it’ll be great. Yes it’s really heavy for a hunting scope, but I think the advantages and more expedited workflow it provides is worth the weight penalty.
For me I have RF binos but no ballistics in them so being able to range and dial to distance eliminating the step of using a kestrel is awesome.

I love it when covert lays out his thoughts. Holds nothing back and tells it like it is. Good on you brother.

Thanks brother! Appreciate it. Just trying to share my experiences to either save or cost people money haha

I've played with mine a bit more. The profiles I've loaded up match up pretty well to trasol which has been the most accurate, least fussy calculator I have used. I did figure out that when the elevation turret is unlocked it will lift completely off and I was able to reset it so the zero stop is .5 under 0 like most of my other scopes. I think I'm going to like it.

Gunwerks wants it back to see why it's not recognizing some .1 turret changes. They couldn't replicate it on at they had on hand so they're going to fix whatever is wrong with mine or push a new firmware update to handle it. I don't believe it's a mechanical adjustment issue inside the scope but rather a lash issue with position sensor. Sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: onepointsixklicks
I've played with mine a bit more. The profiles I've loaded up match up pretty well to trasol which has been the most accurate, least fussy calculator I have used. I did figure out that when the elevation turret is unlocked it will lift completely off and I was able to reset it so the zero stop is .5 under 0 like most of my other scopes. I think I'm going to like it.

Gunwerks wants it back to see why it's not recognizing some .1 turret changes. They couldn't replicate it on at they had on hand so they're going to fix whatever is wrong with mine or push a new firmware update to handle it. I don't believe it's a mechanical adjustment issue inside the scope but rather a lash issue with position sensor. Sucks but it is what it is.

Wow didn’t know you could set the zero below 0. That’s good. Please let me know what they say with the .1 adjustments as mine has a similar issue. The reticle moves .1 but the HUD distance only changes after like ~ .3

Wow didn’t know you could set the zero below 0. That’s good. Please let me know what they say with the .1 adjustments as mine has a similar issue. The reticle moves .1 but the HUD distance only changes after like ~ .3

I unlocked it and I accidently lifted it all the way off:eek:.WhenI put it back on I didn't line it up perfectly and noticed it went past zero. I don't really know how to describe it but play with it and you can get it set where you want.

You should call them about it. My sn is e006xx and they said they'd never heard of anyone having the issue. The revic tech walked me through recalibrating the sensor over the phone but it didn't seem to help mine. It might with yours.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
I unlocked it and I accidently lifted it all the way off:eek:.WhenI put it back on I didn't line it up perfectly and noticed it went past zero. I don't really know how to describe it but play with it and you can get it set where you want.

You should call them about it. My sn is e006xx and they said they'd never heard of anyone having the issue. The revic tech walked me through recalibrating the sensor over the phone but it didn't seem to help mine. It might with yours.

Thanks I’ll do that!

If I shot more field type matches where it’s find it/range/kill it with a partner, I’d probably pick up the moa version. I like the reticle better than the mil. And as frank pointed out, in the situations where it’s useful, it doesn’t matter what unit it’s in. Dial it to distance and shoot.

If they come out with a “better” mil reticle I’d consider one for a general do everything optic.

Ran mine today in a local match. Used only the on board ballistics and dialed for everything today. Won the match 51/59 points so it seems to work really well. And held up so far, but it’s not a lot of time yet.

The reticle might look busy but honestly when you dial for everything you forget it’s there.

It’s definitely an adjustment dialing to a distance instead of looking up at your turrets for a number. So I’d practice that a good bit. Everything lines up well tho with proper inputs.

So far so good and hopefully they continue to support the scope with updates and add new features. And I’m sure it’ll be awesome once they release the BH1
What is the BH1 you referenced. Thanks

Just a quick update, shot another local match today. Took 5th and it’s only my 3rd outing in general with the Revic at all.
We had a 10 target stage today where I decided to only write the yardages on my dope card and use the scope to dial the distance instead of the traditional mil value. It worked really well actually. There’s just a learning curve to remember dial to a yardage instead of looking at a mil value. The upside is you get to keep your face in the scope and observe what’s going on down range.

Reactions: Lowlight
Just a quick update, shot another local match today. Took 5th and it’s only my 3rd outing in general with the Revic at all.
We had a 10 target stage today where I decided to only write the yardages on my dope card and use the scope to dial the distance instead of the traditional mil value. It worked really well actually. There’s just a learning curve to remember dial to a yardage instead of looking at a mil value. The upside is you get to keep your face in the scope and observe what’s going on down range.
Like we discussed today, when they get an LRF integrated, they’ll be the bomb for team matches.

I came across a brand new mil version at a good price and decided to try out the Revic.

9CEAE2CF-B8CB-48D3-846A-BC9F73402975.jpeg

I'd have to check when I get home, but I don't think it displays anything when you dial windage. It just displays windage based on a value input into the solution (say 5mph wind from 9-3 for example).

I rarely dial wind these days, so I'd have to check when I get home to confirm...

Reactions: khuber84
Much appreciated, does the wind hold displayed change as you dial to different elevation/distances? This scope sounds legit for matches, it's a freaking tank at 3# though!

Yes it does update as you dial different distances. And 3lbs in a match gun is a good thing. Weight = your friend.

Reactions: khuber84
Somewhat new member here lurker from the very early years, coming back to the fold after a nasty filthy TBI, and long shooting is gonna play a role in brain exercise for recovery. All that consistency brings precision stuff.

That said, this optic seems very well suited to people with a little background behind a trigger, but it is legitimately a solid piece of gear to adjust for old age eye strain windage. Is that a safe statement? I didn’t expect to be able to get back into shooting, but I can, so I’m gonna make a couple buy once cry once purchases to ease back in.

Follow on question: where does Revic go from here for future impromvements? More specifically, is there an upgrade path for current owners, in the event that they have a major upgrade that cannot be handled via firmware upgrade? Or, upgrade path in the event that the physical body of the scope changes? It would suck to make such a purchase and then it radically changes. Kinda like buying last year of a body style on a car...

Somewhat new member here lurker from the very early years, coming back to the fold after a nasty filthy TBI, and long shooting is gonna play a role in brain exercise for recovery. All that consistency brings precision stuff.

That said, this optic seems very well suited to people with a little background behind a trigger, but it is legitimately a solid piece of gear to adjust for old age eye strain windage. Is that a safe statement? I didn’t expect to be able to get back into shooting, but I can, so I’m gonna make a couple buy once cry once purchases to ease back in.

Follow on question: where does Revic go from here for future impromvements? More specifically, is there an upgrade path for current owners, in the event that they have a major upgrade that cannot be handled via firmware upgrade? Or, upgrade path in the event that the physical body of the scope changes? It would suck to make such a purchase and then it radically changes. Kinda like buying last year of a body style on a car...
Welcome back to shooting! I think there’s always the risk of buying the last year model scope because companies don’t really tell us much about future products.
I do love mine though and think it’sa great scope

Reactions: BrianOravetz
Brand new member here. I have a Revic PMR 428 with the MOA reticle. It works well, but as with many F1 scopes the crosshairs are a bit too wide for my taste at full magnification. No biggie for hunting, but not so great for precision target shooting. One thing to remember is that every time you reset the mechanical zero because of a new load or whatever, you then have to go into the setup menu and reset the HUD zero. I've used the scope on a 6.5 CM rifle at 300, 400, 500, 600, and 850 yds and the dials are pretty accurate. The scope accounts for most environmental variables except wind. The online manual is abbreviated and somewhat vague. You'll learn more about how to use it by watching Gunwerks' YouTube videos.

Reactions: Zorrosdens