MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Probably not aligned with the splines, or you're not pushing down enough for the turret cap lid to pivot into the locked position.

Reactions: Nouseforaname01

BrianOravetz

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 17, 2007
    Sandy Springs Gee-or-ja
    Welcome back to shooting! I think there’s always the risk of buying the last year model scope because companies don’t really tell us much about future products.
    I do love mine though and think it’sa great scope
    Thank you sir! It's amazing how something that was at one time second nature (as much as it can be for an 11B), and to have it become new again. Amazing feeling, and this is one product worth every penny, now, and for anything I could possibly want to do.

Impressive what some of these outfits are doing.

Even more impressive is the sheer body of knowledge in this place. Stiff you knew, didn't know but would want to, or shit you forgot, all here. And even awesome'r :) is some of you old farts who've forgotten more than most of us will ever know.

I don't know any of you, but you've been a source of positivity in a dark place.

That said, Revic, easy choice.

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
    Staff member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Thank you sir! It's amazing how something that was at one time second nature (as much as it can be for an 11B), and to have it become new again. Amazing feeling, and this is one product worth every penny, now, and for anything I could possibly want to do.

Impressive what some of these outfits are doing.

Even more impressive is the sheer body of knowledge in this place. Stiff you knew, didn't know but would want to, or shit you forgot, all here. And even awesome'r :) is some of you old farts who've forgotten more than most of us will ever know.

I don't know any of you, but you've been a source of positivity in a dark place.

That said, Revic, easy choice.
    Lol! I think covertnoob might not think he’s an old fart. 😝. (He isn’t).

Granted, some us are, or at least we’re on the verge.... 😂😂😂

rodi53

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 3, 2020
    Gunwerk's owner likes to take expensive hunting trips out of the country. May be unrelated to the tax/loan issue...or maybe not. My biggest gripe is with their customer service. My Revic scope will not Bluetooth connect with my phone or iPad, so I can't upload any profiles. Over the last several months I've sent multiple emails and submitted their "Contact Us" form trying to get some advice, but nobody bothers to reply. The scope's built-in ballistics computer and HUD is kind of useless if it doesn't know the characteristics of my load.

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
    Staff member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Gunwerk's owner likes to take expensive hunting trips out of the country. May be unrelated to the tax/loan issue...or maybe not. My biggest gripe is with their customer service. My Revic scope will not Bluetooth connect with my phone or iPad, so I can't upload any profiles. Over the last several months I've sent multiple emails and submitted their "Contact Us" form trying to get some advice, but nobody bothers to reply. The scope's built-in ballistics computer and HUD is kind of useless if it doesn't know the characteristics of my load.
    Have you tried resetting to factory presets?

dragman

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 23, 2014
    Apollo, PA
    Over all the scope is nice. A bit over priced but i can't knock the quality and the abuse the M82A1 has put it through.

CMP70306

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017

Gunwerks and Wells Fargo got into a dispute about their asset valuation against their line of credit. Wells Fargo decided to strong arm them by suing them and throwing some bullshit to a news agency hoping to get their way in the negotiations. Gunwerks told them to pound sand and paid off all their loans to remove the issue entirely.

Personally I have a Revic and it has worked flawlessly when given good data. I took it to a shooting class back in June and pretty much every shot was perfect elevation wise.

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 24, 2006
    Old Bethpage NY
    www.cameralandny.com

Gunwerks and Wells Fargo got into a dispute about their asset valuation against their line of credit. Wells Fargo decided to strong arm them by suing them and throwing some bullshit to a news agency hoping to get their way in the negotiations. Gunwerks told them to pound sand and paid off all their loans to remove the issue entirely.

Personally I have a Revic and it has worked flawlessly when given good data. I took it to a shooting class back in June and pretty much every shot was perfect elevation wise.
    Revic is financially sound and nothing for you to worry about as far as them going out of business. They've actually had one of their strongest years in 2020

jeredharlan

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 13, 2018
    Have you tried calling them? That is always my go to and i've never had an issue getting advice. Even had Aaron Davidson get on the phone with me directly for a fairly minor issue. Spent quite a while just discussing the scope and ballistics in general. I have two and have had one small issue which warranty covered. I dont think they can be beat for long range hunting and seem to do well in my limited competition.

RockCreekFisherman

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 14, 2021
    Wyoming
    For those that have had their Revic scope for awhile, was it worth the money? Any problems so far. And, would you purchase it again?

I’m thinking about purchasing one, but $3250 is a lot of money for a scope. Wonder if they offer military discount? I’m only about 4 hours from Cody, and may drive up and talk with them.

rodi53

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 3, 2020
    For those that have had their Revic scope for awhile, was it worth the money? Any problems so far. And, would you purchase it again?

I’m thinking about purchasing one, but $3250 is a lot of money for a scope. Wonder if they offer military discount? I’m only about 4 hours from Cody, and may drive up and talk with them.
    I've had my Revic for 15 months. It has good glass, and based on my box test the turrets are accurate and return to zero as they should. It takes a bit of time to set it up and I've found the app to be a bit fussy. I had to call Revic to have them walk me through getting my load data entered into the scope. I think it's a fine hunting scope, but I don't like the thick crosshairs for longer range target shooting. To me, the main advantage of the Revic is being able to dial in your elevations quickly once you have your target ranged. Another advantage is that you can have three different loads programmed in. This is helpful nowadays given the current state of madness that exists in the ammo and reloading worlds. Since I primarily shoot fixed targets at known distances, if I were to do it again I'd choose a Nightforce ATACR instead. However, if hunting is your primary activity, then I believe the Revic offers some advantages that make the high price worthwhile.

Reactions: RockCreekFisherman

ChadL

Learning.
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    Lincoln, NE

I've had one since they first came out. I also have one with the latest mil Reticle. I like the scopes quite a bit. I bought the first one for my Desert Tech. Primarily because I can have 3 profiles loaded in the scope. I regularly change barrels at the range. Swap barrels, change profile to match the barrel and shoot. It does take a fair bit of work to get each profile "dialed in", but it's worth the work in my opinion. They are a fine scope. For hunting I like that I can range the target, then I can keep looking through the scope (to stay on the animal) while I dial the range in the HUD. No need to look at how many mils I dialed because the range is displayed in the HUD.

jeffl838

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 20, 2013
    Does the revic bluetooth to range finders? It'd be neat if it could bluetooth to a raptar or plug into a rulr

EDIT: Does anyone know what the difference is between the LH and non-LH models? I'm guessing left hand, but their site doesn't show pics that explain the exact difference.

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
    Staff member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    The LH version has the battery compartment indexed on the other side (to prevent interfering with the bolt handle).

As to LRF linking via BT, it's been in the works for awhile now, but I'm not sure if it was in the latest firmware update, or with what LRF's. I seem to recall the Terrapin X was planned for support.

I've had mine about 3 years now, and no complaints. It is (as LL stated) a very elegant design, and well thought out.

Reactions: RockCreekFisherman

jeffl838

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 20, 2013
    The LH version has the battery compartment indexed on the other side (to prevent interfering with the bolt handle).

As to LRF linking via BT, it's been in the works for awhile now, but I'm not sure if it was in the latest firmware update, or with what LRF's. I seem to recall the Terrapin X was planned for support.

I've had mine about 3 years now, and no complaints. It is (as LL stated) a very elegant design, and well thought out.
    If all the hardware is there to communicate with a rf, it's a promising sign that sooner than later we'll have the ability lase, solve, and fire without your focus ever leaving the scope

RockCreekFisherman

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 14, 2021
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. I sent them an email last night asking if I could pick it up in Cody, and if they could help me with the app. They of course said “yes” to both. Hopefully sometime next month I’ll be taking the 3 hour drive to Cody to pick up a new Revic scope!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MarinePMI

jeredharlan

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 13, 2018
    I can link my terrapin with the app on my phone, laze target and click push to scope on the app. Then the comeup is displayed in my HUD and counts down as I dial to the lazed distance. Its a neat feature but I hope that it will eventually push directly into the scope to make is more friendly for a one man operation rather than spotter ranging and pushing that into scope for the shooter. Anyway, I too have had one since they came out and now also have the mil version, I like them very much esp for hunting. Im not experienced in watching my trace but suspect its near impossible due to the HUD but otherwise have found no downfalls to the scope.

RockCreekFisherman

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 14, 2021
    Wyoming
    I can link my terrapin with the app on my phone, laze target and click push to scope on the app. Then the comeup is displayed in my HUD and counts down as I dial to the lazed distance. Its a neat feature but I hope that it will eventually push directly into the scope to make is more friendly for a one man operation rather than spotter ranging and pushing that into scope for the shooter. Anyway, I too have had one since they came out and now also have the mil version, I like them very much esp for hunting. Im not experienced in watching my trace but suspect its near impossible due to the HUD but otherwise have found no downfalls to the scope.
    Thanks for the info! The more I learn about the scope, the quicker I want to get it and start using it. It seems to have some great features.

How hard is it to use the app? I’ve messed with it some, but not really sure if I’m doing it correctly or not. Seems kinda confusing to me. Wish the instructions were a little better for us technically challenged people. That’s the only thing I’m worried about. Once I get it all figured out I believe I’ll get a lot of good use out of it.