• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Reviews on NFA/Trust Lawyers in TX...

Re: Reviews on NFA/Trust Lawyers in TX...

I can recommend Cole Bryan in Ft. Worth or Chris Bass in Dallas. Both are great guys and their services run about $250.00 We send alot of guys to both and I've never heard any complaints.

+1 for Chris Bass in Dallas. I was able to do everything over the phone and email. He was very helpful, fast, and affordable.

Used Shawn Cody cost was $450 at the time, Trust is well written and has gotten me 3 cans. Better written then Willmaker, but the inital sticker shock was there for sure

Texas Law Shield is the one me and my brother used, I would recommend them as they were very helpful and fast. That is also the only thing that the lady does and she knows what she is talking about.

Walter

I used durys gun shop (they have a lawyer they work with) and it was 250 well written and very quick

One reason for difference in price might be service level. The cheaper ones may write it but then charge for revisions, amendments, or additional legal counsel. The more expensive ones may include unlimited revisions and may even act as a retainer fee. I guess it depends on if you know you're going to move or change things around a lot with the trust or how complex you want it to be. If you're pretty much where you're going to be for quite a while then it might not be worthwhile to spend the extra. Either way I'd certainly be asking these questions up front.

Well I would not recommend mr Cody. I paid and gave him my info, he said would be about 4 days. After 2.5wks I called after I received no reply to an email. He said would have to me. Two days later I received an email with my trust, but my middle name was misspelled. I had even specifically told him about the spelling as everyone misspells it. So after three weeks, multiple unanswered emails, and unanswered phone calls, I had to unlock the .pdf online and fix it myself so could get my paperwork on TBAC 30p off. I picked him because I had spoken with him and was very likeable and was about mid-range on prices I had received. Should have asked around more, better prices and this guy still charges for changes, is just a barter of merchandise for service.

I used Chris Bass a couple weeks ago.

Emailed him at midnight on a Thursday and got a response about 15 minutes later. Called him the next morning and said do it.

Had the trust the following Wednesday.

Free revisions and help if needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WestTxMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I would not recommend mr Cody. I paid and gave him my info, he said would be about 4 days. After 2.5wks I called after I received no reply to an email. He said would have to me. Two days later I received an email with my trust, but my middle name was misspelled. I had even specifically told him about the spelling as everyone misspells it. So after three weeks, multiple unanswered emails, and unanswered phone calls, I had to unlock the .pdf online and fix it myself so could get my paperwork on TBAC 30p off. I picked him because I had spoken with him and was very likeable and was about mid-range on prices I had received. Should have asked around more, better prices and this guy still charges for changes, is just a barter of merchandise for service. </div></div>

I wouldn't use him....

Apple Law Firm in Florida can also recommend lawyers around the country as they have a large network they coordinate with.

The painful, or expensive, lessons are those best remembered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WestTxMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The painful, or expensive, lessons are those best remembered. </div></div>

I agree. I still would not use him, just my personal opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kill Box ALPHA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can recommend Cole Bryan in Ft. Worth or Chris Bass in Dallas. Both are great guys and their services run about $250.00 We send alot of guys to both and I've never heard any complaints. </div></div>

Cole Bryan was extremely troublesome for me. I picked up his flyer from you and contacted him. Response wasn't terribly slow. Filled out the form and made payment. Called 2 days later and got no response. Two days after that, no response. Total of 2 emails and 2 voicemails later I got a response saying I would have it the following day. A week later and another 5 emails without response was enough. I called my CC company and filed a dispute.

Took another month to clear that up before I went with Chris Bass. He had my paperwork to me in 5 days.

I was not saying Mr Cody was Good or Bad, I know many lawers and slander is not something I want to get sued for. Did I over pay your damn right could I have had a buddy of mine do it for $50 had I asked yes I could have. I went in to the NFA thing pissing money away I overpayed for the Trust and for the Sparrow because the verdor said he had an extra in stock. If I was to do it over I would just do the Willmaker route and have saved myself 450 upfront.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WestTxMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I would not recommend mr Cody. I paid and gave him my info, he said would be about 4 days. After 2.5wks I called after I received no reply to an email. He said would have to me. Two days later I received an email with my trust, but my middle name was misspelled. I had even specifically told him about the spelling as everyone misspells it. So after three weeks, multiple unanswered emails, and unanswered phone calls, I had to unlock the .pdf online and fix it myself so could get my paperwork on TBAC 30p off. I picked him because I had spoken with him and was very likeable and was about mid-range on prices I had received. Should have asked around more, better prices and this guy still charges for changes, is just a barter of merchandise for service. </div></div>

We had almost identical experiences with him. Live and learn. Live and learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WestTxMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I would not recommend mr Cody. I paid and gave him my info, he said would be about 4 days. After 2.5wks I called after I received no reply to an email. He said would have to me. Two days later I received an email with my trust, but my middle name was misspelled. I had even specifically told him about the spelling as everyone misspells it. So after three weeks, multiple unanswered emails, and unanswered phone calls, I had to unlock the .pdf online and fix it myself so could get my paperwork on TBAC 30p off. I picked him because I had spoken with him and was very likeable and was about mid-range on prices I had received. Should have asked around more, better prices and this guy still charges for changes, is just a barter of merchandise for service. </div></div>

We had almost identical experiences with him. Live and learn. Live and learn. </div></div>

Same here. Numerous calls/ emails to get it finalized. He promised quick turn around, and delivered later than promised date. He was tough to get ahold of with follow up questions. Will go another route in the future. The pro is that the trust looks well written.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not saying Mr Cody was Good or Bad, I know many lawers and slander is not something I want to get sued for. Did I over pay your damn right could I have had a buddy of mine do it for $50 had I asked yes I could have. I went in to the NFA thing pissing money away I overpayed for the Trust and for the Sparrow because the verdor said he had an extra in stock. If I was to do it over I would just do the Willmaker route and have saved myself 450 upfront. </div></div>

$450-$600.00 is not over paying for a lawyer written trust. As long as it is well done I would much rather pay that then pay with my freedom in a federal prison!

It is not slander to say someone acted unprofessionally..... just an FYI.

Exactly, he is advertising a service that he did not adequately perform for me, it is only slander if I am talking smack about him. Like I said, he was real personable on the phone but just did not follow through very well for what I paid him for.

But I agree, it is better to spend the extra money and make sure any legal documents are legitimate, especially since I have expensive shit going into the trust!