• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Cases at Wally World ( Great Deal )

Re: Rifle Cases at Wally World ( Great Deal )

They seem to be in-store only. Work has been out about them for the last week, so if you find one consider yourself lucky!

They have 8 of them sitting on the shelf at the Walmart at Hwy 6 and 90. My wife just left there and picked up 4 of them for me.

Yeah I wish I could get the 42 also I picked them up for X-mas gifts. I just called and they have more in the back and I would have bought them all and shipped them out to some of you guys but they threw the boxes the shipped in away so I am not messing with all that BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the last one in SW Ft Worth, thanks for the heads up.
I wish they were 42 instead of 36 but they seem pretty solid.
They are these
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/60872-1.html </div></div>

UPS managed to bust out both ends of one of these with my high dollar 300WM in it. I'd skip it if you were serious about a durable case. This is not one of them.

yeah these are cheap pelican cases. They don't look bad IMO, and I bought two. At 40 bucks a pop, these are good. These are 84 at bass pro shops.

Too bad they aren't available in 50".... Like my wife always says don't want no little short short man...
wink.gif

They were on sale black friday for $29.

Most stores down this way still have some, but they are $39 now. Not sure how much off regular price that is.

These ought to work fine for most closet-to-range trips, I might have to snag one if we've got them @ local wally.

I still like my Boyt cases for durability though. They are super thick plastic. Or you could go with an old metal starlight, lol.

Bottom line....Don't hold a $4000 rifle hostage to a $200 case. It is not the place to skimp. Since the Navy took part of a legs, I like my cases with wheels.

I like the Storm Cases and the Pelican. The Pelican makes the longest case I have found.

Here is an example http://www.midwestcasecompany.com/acatalog/Storm_Case_IM3300.html

The difference between a Pelican and a Storm is that the Storm has push button latches and they have one each on the sides as well as the front. Over-kill...? Never...

Nice! I need a cheap case for one of my rifles. Thanks for the link!

I see what you guys are saying but these cases dont feel cheap. Granted they aren't pelicans but I wouldnt go feeling uncomfortable with putting a high dollar rifle in it. The thing is, its always hard to teach a old dog new tricks. The plastic looks to be the same as Pelican, just not nearly as thick. I cant really get a good idea on the thickness, other then the press test ( push down on the center of the case ) Granted that isnt much of a test, but oh well.

It has 5 hasps to lock the lid, two are keyed. There is a hole molded to use TSA approved keys ( I dont thing the stock locks are TSA ) . There is a gasket around the lid to seal it, there is also a pressure release "key" underneath. There is egg crate foam on top and then lower foam ( as seen in the picture ) is the pluck and pull ( feels high density ) and then egg crate under it.

Here are a few shots of the case

2wfr9ll.jpg

21jyatg.jpg

2lmrqbs.jpg

2evazd0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrokenSailor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bottom line....Don't hold a $4000 rifle hostage to a $200 case. It is not the place to skimp. Since the Navy took part of a legs, I like my cases with wheels.

I like the Storm Cases and the Pelican. The Pelican makes the longest case I have found.

Here is an example http://www.midwestcasecompany.com/acatalog/Storm_Case_IM3300.html

FYI Costco now has the Pelican 1750 for $200.
The difference between a Pelican and a Storm is that the Storm has push button latches and they have one each on the sides as well as the front. Over-kill...? Never... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrOneEyedBoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know. Is that in store?</div></div>

If you mean the Pelican at Costco, I think they're only in store.

The Plano case is also only in-store at WM. I stopped at the WM in LaGrande, OR yesterday and they had six of the Plano cases so I picked one up; not too bad for the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrOneEyedBoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know. Is that in store? </div></div>

Yep.

Thanks for the heads up on these.

these cases look awesome but seem a little bulky
smirk.gif
I must check my local walmart to see these in person

Im gonna check wally world as well.. I cant afford pelican lol.. I need bullets

I checked them out (wally world in Slidell, LA has a few).

Quality seemed to be in between a "regular cheap" plastic case and a pelican.

Probably would work great for going to and from the range, but I personally wouldn't fly with them...not quite sturdy enough for me the trust checking them.

Aaron