• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle for new Long range Tactical

mr50

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2012
Looking for recommendations on a rifle for a new shooter in tactical long shooting and a caliber.

Re: Rifle for new Long range Tactical

I'm sure a Savage or Remington will suit you well with a decent scope... A .308 would be my recommended caliber of choice for a beginner though.

pick on the new guy....lol....
get a 308. more info on the forum if you just keep reading and reading.

You are Gunna want a caliber that will absolutely burn the ever living fuck out of a barrel because talking about how bad ass your gun is while it is away at the smith is a lot more fun than actually shooting. 6.5 wsm would be a good one.

Just kidding. Welcome to the hide. I had really good luck out of a Remington 700 5r in 308. Good gun decent stock and a lot of aftermarket support.

The Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 is a decent gun for the money. .308 is cheap and easy to come by. By the time you wear out that barrel, you'll have a really good feel for what you really want in a rifle and can upgrade what you already have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage338lapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's easy 6.5 creedmoor, i would go with the savage 12 lrp </div></div>

Ding, ding, ding.

Thanks Guys alot of good advice