• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rifle Scope with Built In LRF

fmjfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
I have read of a few companies making high end scopes with built in LRF's, that can tell you the drops.
I believe one is an American company?
Anybody have any names?
Thanks

Burris makes one but you usually get a shitty scope with a shitty lrf. When one shits the bed you have an overpriced underperforming hunk.

A quality scope will last 20 years. A quality LRF may last 5 years of heavy use or until it's technologically obsolete. There is a reason you don't see more of these.

Bushnell, Burris and Nikon all had one at some point. Now, of the reasonably affordable brands, it is only Burris. Swaro has an uber expensive one that was recently released.

Burris will likely have a new one at some point and from what I heard, it should be a notable step forward, although current Eliminator III is a very competent design. I was surprised with it since I expected a lot worse and it worked really well.

Technology moves on, so I expect we will see a lot more of these. LRF integrated much more naturally with a riflescope than a bino, IMO.

ILya

Reactions: MarinePMI
Not exactly what you asked for but the Sig BDX comes in a combo with the LRF and scope and is fairly inexpensive compared to other methods. It looks like S&B, Steiner, and possibly the Revic will be doing the same thing very soon. If one piece of the equation were to fail you still have an excellent scope.

Until manufacturers get on board (and it IS coming), just find one of these in the classifieds. Has worked great for me so far and is almost an absolute necessity when hunting at night and paired with a clip-on.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190110090542599_COVER.jpg

I think a lot of the blame for this not being "popular" is the California "sniper scope" law that prohibits scopes with an integrated laser.

I'm pretty sure the law was intended to prevent infrared night vision scopes with a laser aiming point but it probably scared a lot of manufacturers away from developing scopes with laser anything.

And IR night vision scopes with a laser for aim should be legal too. These asshole politicians just won't let us have nice things.

I think a lot of the blame for this not being "popular" is the California "sniper scope" law that prohibits scopes with an integrated laser.

I'm pretty sure the law was intended to prevent infrared night vision scopes with a laser aiming point but it probably scared a lot of manufacturers away from developing scopes with laser anything.

And IR night vision scopes with a laser for aim should be legal too. These asshole politicians just won't let us have nice things.
We'll take you here in the SE.

I doubt it had anything to do with California. There are some technical challenges and overcoming them is finally getting more affordable.

ILya

80% of optics manufactures can't even get the engineering, production and QA to acceptable levels and you want them to cram a LRF into it as well. Good luck.

Laser range finders are pretty complex, sometimes sensetive, pieces of equipment. I imagining that a standard chambering would eventually beat the electronics to death. Unless they made them from ther old Nokia phones. Rooooofl