• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Right side folder options?

vash522

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2017
Virginia
Morning gents,

Working on ideas for my next build and I was wondering what the options are for right side folders? I've been looking around and I know the AX and cadex chassis do and I believe I saw that the MDT ESS/ACC stock can go either direction. Are there other good options? My other question with these options is whether or not they will fold over the Bighorn Origin's swept bolt? I'm really leaning between a build on the origin or trying it the defacto coming out by ultimatum. The pre sale on their barreled actions are pretty impressive and the straight handle may work better for the folders. I totally understand that the defacto will be 'some assembly required' with chassis fit based on their history and meshing patterns with the defacto.

Anyway, thanks for the insight and ideas!

The Magpul Pro 700 can be adjusted to fold in either direction. Unfortunately I can’t answer your question on whether it will clear the origin bolt, but it does clear my lowly factory Remington 700 bolt.

Thanks guys, I had totally forgotten about the Magpul and the Christensen is a new one to me to check out. Still curious if anyone has experience with the Origin's swept handle and the right side folding options?

The JP chassis is a right folder.

I flipped my XLR folder around for a match where I had to sling the rifle and climb in ladder cages. Hint, look for one that will lock when folded. The XLR will bounce around but got the job done. I kept it a right folder as it was easy to fix in smaller gun cases. Also, I have to keep the origin bolt back or out.

B61CA2E0-4C18-4EF7-8F63-FE5E4EDB14CC.jpeg

Ha that's actually pretty awesome, I didn't know that the XLR folder could be flipped around. Seems it's just the stock itself that doesn't have a recess for the bolt. Does the folder install fully and locked in either orientation (Left vs right side)? Or did you have to do something like thread lock it in place on the right side?

Ha that's actually pretty awesome, I didn't know that the XLR folder could be flipped around. Seems it's just the stock itself that doesn't have a recess for the bolt. Does the folder install fully and locked in either orientation (Left vs right side)? Or did you have to do something like thread lock it in place on the right side?

Yes, being a tube style stock there is no recess for the bolt. It’s kinda hard to explain in words but I’ll try: the male end of the folder are actually two pieces, threads and folder body, with tension screws. This allow you to thread the folder to any orientation then tighten the screws to lock it in place. Plus you have the set screw in the chassis that helps.

Thanks guys, I had totally forgotten about the Magpul and the Christensen is a new one to me to check out. Still curious if anyone has experience with the Origin's swept handle and the right side folding options?

Yep - the 700 Pro buttstock clears the Origin bolt handle:

IMG_20200722_231517.jpg