• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim-x vs. Vudoo. Which did you choose and why?

Never had an issue shooting Eley Match and Edge in my Vudoo. Shot thousands of them in matches. The problem most have is rim lock as the bullet shape sits different in the mag.

Reactions: BowChamp and obx22
Never had an issue shooting Eley Match and Edge in my Vudoo. Shot thousands of them in matches. The problem most have is rim lock as the bullet shape sits different in the mag.
Congrats?

I looked at Rimx, Anchuets, Vudoo and multiple versions of the CZ 457. I ended up going with the Vudoo MTU barrel in the MPA Chassis. I wanted a finished ready to shoot no mods needed rifle and that is what I got. Shot my 1st 22LR paper target match today and took 1st.

I tried Eley and it just didn't shoot as good as Lapua or RWS in my Vudoo. I tried Eley Tenex,Match and Tenex Biathlon. It was pretty good at 25 yard but fell apart at 50,75,100 yards. Just as a note Lapua X-ACT didn't shoot like $28+ a box ammo should either. I ended up with Lapua Long Range as the most consistent for 25 to 200 yards. I would like to try Lapua Center when ever more comes in stock.

I have 2 Vudoo rifles, one I bought new from them, and the other I bought used. Both of those rifles were purchases as complete rifles from vudo and have had no issue with feeding. Hve had very good customer service from them and always willing to answer questions.

Tough to answer. i have a vudoo i shoot in prs and it out shoots me[when i don't have feeding issues] that is the only real problem i have with it. RIM LOCK. The rim xdoes not have this issue do to the way the mag is fed [angled].i also have a MPA chassis for the vudoo and the only mags that I can get to feedcorrectly are the zero sucks, But i shot 1 match and had ftf on all 10 stages and several with 2 ftf. got real good and clearing them[still placed 5]
Now if I have to do over with what i know now RIMX! Stan
I fought feeding issues with my Vudoo in most stocks and chassis. Switched to a Foundation with Vudoo bottom metal and can’t make it misfeed.

I bought a Vudoo barreled action, mounted a TT Diamond trigger, put it in a KRG Bravo, and never had one issue ever. I never felt like I was even being careful about loading my poly mags. Go figure.

Reactions: Madnss
@karagias this is why we need you to make a rimfire platform! So those of us that want top tier 22 rifles can have an ARC that will work without the bs that everyone here seems to experience using these other platforms. Patiently waiting, I think 🤔

Reactions: clyancey
I went with the RimX, particularly because I liked the features they offer with the action like the ease of getting prefits spun up, the adjustable mags and the feel of the cocking cycle. Also I have a soft spot for stuff from Zermätt since I’ve got an origin and TL3, so the RimX is a great addition to the family

IMG_1563.jpeg

Last edited:
Did a review of the V-22 a couple years ago. I have a lot of experience with the Vudoo design and less with the Rim-X. Off the top of my head, my thoughts are:

Vudoo advantages:
- Can push feed so you can hand add a round without using the mag and also use a single shot adapter.
- More tolerant of different triggers than the Rim-x. They are still not as tolerant as centerfire actions, but I understand the rim-x are less tolerant.
- Because they usually come as either a barreled action or full rifle it's harder to mess things up and come up with a combination of barrel, stock, and installation that either doesn't feed the best or shoot to the actions potential. With it's pricing on bare actions vs. barreled ones, Vudoo actively discourages having them built elsewhere.
-Can buy inexpensive plastic mags as well as expensive adjustable aluminum ones (old Vudoo aluminum ones wern't great but the new ones look to be a significant upgrade and much more similar to the rim-x ones in features).
-It is my understanding the Vudoo is a bit more tolerant of the differing rim thicknesses different ammo makers have than the Rim-x. This means it is reliable with more different stuff. In my experience pretty much anything that isn't that weird 60gr aguila.

Rim-x advantages:
- ~$200 cheaper to assemble a barreled action than with Vudoo. The cost advantage of Rim-X is even greater if you want a specific smith that is not Vudoo as Vudoo encourages you with the price structure to have them assemble it.
- If you want to swap around barrels it is easy to do that. Perhaps you want a heavy one for comps and a carbon for hiking about. Easy to do that with Rim-x.
- You don't have to be careful loading the mag to prevent rim-lock that will cause a mis-feed as it is more angled and you can't really mess up loading it.

Reactions: BowChamp
I know this thread is a few months old but for information purposes, this is my 2nd barrel from ibi. I had to send the first back because of loose chamber. You could drop a round in and shake it and it was really loose. This one.. well I think you can tell by the pics.View attachment 8261820View attachment 8261821
That’s seriously shoddy looking. How could that pass any QC check?

I know this thread is a few months old but for information purposes, this is my 2nd barrel from ibi. I had to send the first back because of loose chamber. You could drop a round in and shake it and it was really loose. This one.. well I think you can tell by the pics.View attachment 8261820View attachment 8261821
I haven’t heard great things about their prefits with the barrel nut, I’ve heard of a number going back because of thin spots getting banged up around the chamber mouth or just messy chambers.

Reactions: DH302
seven axis dremel magik going on there