• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Hello Longshot,
I was just reviewing your MPR and how nice she looks. I just thought that I should mention that Bob at DIP made m an extended rail for my 1416s. It is shown in the last photo before he finished it. It is now a standard product for them.

Also, I recently installed an extended magazine release and it is the bomb !! It is so nice that I will make you this offer: Get one and try it out, If you don't like it, I will buy it from you at full cost plus the shipping.

And if you want to try an ACE trigger shoe #24 for your Annie, I will give you the same deal on it. Go to Gun Broker and do a search for #857638305. It's buy now cost is 35.00

I still need one of each for other 1416 in the beaver tail stock. And a new stock as well. Please PM me if you will or wont take me up on this.

I just picked up this 54 match and she is lots of fun to shoot. I put a Trijicon 5-50X on her. The normal trigger pull is 5.6 oz.
and the DST pull is 0.6 oz. Still it is fairly easy to control.

Shawn

Shawn,

I already got the DIP rail and extended magazine release.

I also have the OEM trigger shoe but the screws are buggered up. If I can get new screws I will use the OEM shoe.

I looked at the shoe you have and looks nice. So you got me to thinking about it.

Hello Longshot,
I was just reviewing your MPR and how nice she looks. I just thought that I should mention that Bob at DIP made m an extended rail for my 1416s. It is shown in the last photo before he finished it. It is now a standard product for them.

Also, I recently installed an extended magazine release and it is the bomb !! It is so nice that I will make you this offer: Get one and try it out, If you don't like it, I will buy it from you at full cost plus the shipping.

And if you want to try an ACE trigger shoe #24 for your Annie, I will give you the same deal on it. Go to Gun Broker and do a search for #857638305. It's buy now cost is 35.00

I still need one of each for other 1416 in the beaver tail stock. And a new stock as well. Please PM me if you will or wont take me up on this.

I just picked up this 54 match and she is lots of fun to shoot. I put a Trijicon 5-50X on her. The normal trigger pull is 5.6 oz.
and the DST pull is 0.6 oz. Still it is fairly easy to control.

Shawn

LongShot,

Sorry about all of that information. I was not able to zoom up on your photo this morning, now that I can I can clearly see that you have all that I mentioned except for the Extended DIP rail. Now I can also see your cool folding stock feature.

Take care
Shawn

Thompson center encore
MGM barrel in 17 wsm
Vortex viper 6.5-20x44 with pro series rings.
Just cut the stock off yesterday so my son can punch paper all summer long with it.

Attachments

• 20200314_191129.jpg
    20200314_191129.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 120
LongShot,

Sorry about all of that information. I was not able to zoom up on your photo this morning, now that I can I can clearly see that you have all that I mentioned except for the Extended DIP rail. Now I can also see your cool folding stock feature.

Take care
Shawn

Shawn,

Do you have any problems with the Anschutz 10 round magazines. If not, what is your secret.

Mine are worthless and a bunch of guys on Rimfire Central say their's are junk also.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well the sun was out and it was a little windy so we decided to make the best out of “SOCIAL DISTANCING “
The animal targets are from Atlas.
Striped
D2AA08CE-48FB-4EA8-A7EE-01559B0AC0FA.jpeg
A3CC5EEC-003A-4510-8269-B7601DAE072B.jpeg
gopher was at 107 yds and the squirrel was at 178 yards.
Can’t wait for another good day.

Hey guy's,
I was recently banned from SH and this is all of the information that I could get from SH. Does anyone know what it means or what I did?
You have been banned for the following reason: Stepping on for sale thread. Your ban will be lifted on Mar 31,

Below is my CZ 457 At-One. I find that she is one of those guns that is easy to shoot. I shot this five shot group over the weekend after five shots to warm her up. The distance is 64 yards and the wind was 13 mph at 45*. I held on target with no hold over or clicks for windage. The Anarchy Outdoors extended magazine release makes it a breeze to load and unload the magazine. It is one fluid motion to remove them and nearly as easy to locate off the release and insert the mag. It is the longest release that I am aware of. The ACE trigger shoe is a really nice addition as well. I have lapped my trigger sear and replaced the spring as well. My trigger pull is set to 10 oz. A couple people I know have theirs set to 7.6 and 8 oz.

Shawn

Attachments

• 1 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    1 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 2 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    2 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 3 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    3 CZ 457 AT-ONE.JPG
    391.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00125.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 4 CZ 457 AT-ONE AO EXT MAG RELEASE.JPG
    4 CZ 457 AT-ONE AO EXT MAG RELEASE.JPG
    508 KB · Views: 122
  • 6 AT-ONE.JPG
    6 AT-ONE.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 7 AT-ONE.JPG
    7 AT-ONE.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 128
  • TRG3.JPG
    TRG3.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 116
  • TRG1.JPG
    TRG1.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: jeronimo
Hey guy's,
I was recently banned from SH and this is all of the information that I could get from SH. Does anyone know what it means or what I did?
You have been banned for the following reason: Stepping on for sale thread. Your ban will be lifted on Mar 31,

Below is my CZ 457 At-One. I find that she is one of those guns that is easy to shoot. I shot this five shot group over the weekend after five shots to warm her up. The distance is 64 yards and the wind was 13 mph at 45*. I held on target with no hold over or clicks for windage. The Anarchy Outdoors extended magazine release makes it a breeze to load and unload the magazine. It is one fluid motion to remove them and nearly as easy to locate off the release and insert the mag. It is the longest release that I am aware of. The ACE trigger shoe is a really nice addition as well. I have lapped my trigger sear and replaced the spring as well. My trigger pull is set to 10 oz. A couple people I know have theirs set to 7.6 and 8 oz.

Shawn
For some reason they thought you ware a 'commercial entity' ?

Shawn,

Do you have any problems with the Anschutz 10 round magazines. If not, what is your secret.

Mine are worthless and a bunch of guys on Rimfire Central say their's are junk also.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey LongShot,
I'm very sorry for the delay in this response.

I have had zero problems with my Anschutz magazines, either 5 or 10 rounder's. I have however read on the Anschutz site that other people have. they site dirty and mis-loaded magazines as the primary cause.

I am in the process of having a 10 shot Savage magazine altered to use in my 1416 Annies. The addition of a simple groove to engage the magazine catch and the removal of some material is all is supposed to take. KOD did his at home.
I'm having it done at my pals machine shop for this test. I don't like to spend $80/$100 for a magazine. If it works, I will have a simple fixture made up so I can do it at home.

I picked up this 54 match recently and she is a lot of fun to shoot. I have always disliked shooting single shot.I now realize that that was because I was trying to put my fingers in a action where they didn't belong. This 54 is fun and relaxing to shoot. I am waiting for AREA 419 to come out with their clamp on style 54 rail but I could not wait to mount a scope so I temporarily have a DIP 64 rail with lead shot under the set screws. Even though the 64 rail partially blocks the loading port, I don't even notice it. The DST is great. normally 5.6 oz. and with it in the double set mode, it has a 0.6 oz. pull. Yep... 0.6 oz.

talk soon
Shawn

Attachments

• 1 ANSCHUTZ 54 MATCH.JPG
    1 ANSCHUTZ 54 MATCH.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 6 ANSCHUTZ 54 MATCH.jpg
    6 ANSCHUTZ 54 MATCH.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00296.JPG
    DSC00296.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00298.JPG
    DSC00298.JPG
    588.4 KB · Views: 104
Hey LongShot,
I'm very sorry for the delay in this response.

I have had zero problems with my Anschutz magazines, either 5 or 10 rounder's. I have however read on the Anschutz site that other people have. they site dirty and mis-loaded magazines as the primary cause.

I am in the process of having a 10 shot Savage magazine altered to use in my 1416 Annies. The addition of a simple groove to engage the magazine catch and the removal of some material is all is supposed to take. KOD did his at home.
I'm having it done at my pals machine shop for this test. I don't like to spend $80/$100 for a magazine. If it works, I will have a simple fixture made up so I can do it at home.

I picked up this 54 match recently and she is a lot of fun to shoot. I have always disliked shooting single shot.I now realize that that was because I was trying to put my fingers in a action where they didn't belong. This 54 is fun and relaxing to shoot. I am waiting for AREA 419 to come out with their clamp on style 54 rail but I could not wait to mount a scope so I temporarily have a DIP 64 rail with lead shot under the set screws. Even though the 64 rail partially blocks the loading port, I don't even notice it. The DST is great. normally 5.6 oz. and with it in the double set mode, it has a 0.6 oz. pull. Yep... 0.6 oz.

talk soon
Shawn

I read the Anschutz article. My magazines are clean and I've always loaded them so the rims were in proper alignment. I've always had problems with the 10 round magazines. The five round magazines haven't given me any problems. That includes the Wisner magazines from Brownell's after I have adjusted the feed lips.

Reactions: Tiger_Shilone
I read the Anschutz article. My magazines are clean and I've always loaded them so the rims were in proper alignment. I've always had problems with the 10 round magazines. The five round magazines haven't given me any problems. That includes the Wisner magazines from Brownell's after I have adjusted the feed lips.

LS,
After reading the Anschutz article, I tried to mis-load every magazine type that I have and was unsuccessful.
There was no way under normal conditions that I was going to be able to get my rims out of alignment.

Shawn

My new Vudoo -

18" Kukri Stainless
MDT ACC Chassis, cut down 3.5", cerakoted Graphite Black, Sniper Gray, Sky Blue
Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56
Huber 700 1.6lb 2-stage Trigger
3 Internal MDT Fore-end Weights
Thunderbeast Bipod

View attachment 7286665

Balanced w/ 22oz bipod.

View attachment 7286666

Looking at a Robin

View attachment 7286668

Little Pod,
Did you recently sell a V22? I recently spoke with someone who cut down a ACC chassis but I thought it was
only by one m-loc cut out or about 2"

Here is my old V22 in an MDT LSS Gen2 loaded with weights.... #18 plus. Trigger Tech Diamond set at 8 oz.
I think I will be getting a Bix & Andy 2 oz. for her soon.

Shawn

Attachments

• VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 149
  • VUDOO MAGAZINES.JPG
    VUDOO MAGAZINES.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Longshot231
Little Pod,
Did you recently sell a V22? I recently spoke with someone who cut down a ACC chassis but I thought it was
only by one m-loc cut out or about 2"

Here is my old V22 in an MDT LSS Gen2 loaded with weights.... #18 plus. Trigger Tech Diamond set at 8 oz.
I think I will be getting a Bix & Andy 2 oz. for her soon.

Shawn

I didn't sell mine, I just got it :)

I still haven't shot it yet due to the quarantine... but probably 2000 dry fires as I'm practicing for PRS/NRL22 competitions. I cut down 2-mlok's so it's 3.5" vs 2". If I had to do it again, I might only do 1 m-lok slot, but I like the look of an 18" barrel with the 2 m-lok's.

Since I have to shoot offhand in competitions, I prefer not to be running at 18+ lbs, I got my setup lightened up to about 15.5lbs for offhand shooting, and it runs at 16.1 lbs for barricade work. -

14.8lbs standard
14.8lbs + .7lb rear weight for offhand shooting
14.8lbs + 1.3lb bipod for barricade balance

I am liking the 2-stage trigger so far over single stage, especially when shooting in the cold.

I didn't sell mine, I just got it :)

I still haven't shot it yet due to the quarantine... but probably 2000 dry fires as I'm practicing for PRS/NRL22 competitions. I cut down 2-mlok's so it's 3.5" vs 2". If I had to do it again, I might only do 1 m-lok slot, but I like the look of an 18" barrel with the 2 m-lok's.

Since I have to shoot offhand in competitions, I prefer not to be running at 18+ lbs, I got my setup lightened up to about 15.5lbs for offhand shooting, and it runs at 16.1 lbs for barricade work. -

14.8lbs standard
14.8lbs + .7lb rear weight for offhand shooting
14.8lbs + 1.3lb bipod for barricade balance

I am liking the 2-stage trigger so far over single stage, especially when shooting in the cold.

What I meant to say and I did such a poor job of it was..... When I got my Vudoo, most everyone was at the shot show so I did my best at picking out all of the parts myself. The ACC was too long for the look that I wanted.
Not until recently did someone suggest cutting an ACC down. I told them they were "GENIUS" LoL
I nearly got a different chassis from MDT but at the last moment realized that it's channel was too narrow for the 22" Kukri bbl. MDT also offers a standard and short rear rifle stock. The short stock is $100.00 more but I had to get it if I wanted to be able to adjust the LOP. The standard would have been too long. I even started with a TTD straight blade unit. When I sent the TTD in for service, TT allowed me to change to a curved blade.
I'm really glad that I changed it to the standard curved model. When you put your first V22 together without any help, there are a lot of potential pits to fall into.

Planning for the future, I even bought a bunch of spare bolt springs, pins and extractor gizmos. They are not the same right to left. They were very inexpensive.

I hated to spend 300.00 on a bi-pod but the Atlas BT65-LW17 is a very nice unit. The more I use it, the more I appreciate it.

Shawn

I see your rear bag rider, it is aluminum correct? did you say you have rear weight for her? I'm missing it.

Attachments

• VUDO BOLT PARTS.JPG
    VUDO BOLT PARTS.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 100
  • 3 ATLAS BT-65-17.jpg
    3 ATLAS BT-65-17.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 3 ATLAS QD AUTO LOCK.JPG
    3 ATLAS QD AUTO LOCK.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 109
I actually recently removed the bag rider. I like shooting without it more, easier to grip the chassis with my hand. I also removed the thumbwheels as I didn't care for them that much, I just loosen the set screws and move it if I need to move it.

I also replaced the steel buttpiece with an aluminum one which reduces 0.5lbs. Aluminum buttpiece is used on the non elite buttstock.

For the buttstock weight -

I can slide out the buttpad, and slide in the weight, and push the buttbad back in to lock the weight in place. It's great for throwing it in right before an offhand stage, and taking it out after the stage.

I shoot with a 13.5" LOP, so the standard buttstock is fine for me.

Sold my old faithful fully tricked out Savage mkii 17hm2 to put this together. 17hm2 is my pet cartridge. Nothing better on gophers and this rifle just plain ass shoots lights out. Couldn't be happier with it

-CZ 455 action with CZ rubber ball bolt handle
-Lothar Walther SS 16.25" threaded 17hm2 barrel
-Triggers by SCAR 2-stage 6oz/6oz
-Rigid Alloy chassis w/medium handguard
-XLR (I think) buttstock
-Ergo Tac Deluxe Zero Angle grip
-Blamm mag extensions (allows for 13rnds)
-Area 419 15moa picatinny rail adapter
-Weaver Tactical Picatinny 6-hole med rings
-Mueller Target Dot 8-32x44 scope w/ bubble level
-
-
2020-03-31 20.52.31.jpg

This is one of my two rimfire rifles, below semi custom Ruger 10/22:

Ruger 10/22 receiver;
Volquartsen carbon barrel;
Timney Trigger;
Power custom titanium firing pin, extractor and charging handle;
Hogue stock (but now fitted into a Magpul X22 stock);
Hawke scope (2.5 -10 x30)

Rugger 1022 custom-1.JPG

I recently got this MAS 45 made in 1945? I put my Leupold 6.5x20 EFR on her and zeroed her at 25 yards. Latter I put ten rounds down the tube to warm her up and then shot her at 64 yards with no adjustments for elevation or windage. The dot on target is .25" The high shot was all me. The lowest I have been able to get the trigger has been 2.5 lbs. The high end has been 5 lbs.
It has a huge range, not adjustable and tough to control. Still a really fun gun to shoot. Now that I can see her accuracy potential, I may use her for some open sight club matches.
Mine didn't come with a front sight hood but I found a guy in France that has them. My only issue with the gun is the trigger, it is very long and heavy. It needs to be lapped, a spring change and some type of engagement limiter. Nothing that will cause permanent change though. There are a number of variations out there and as soon as I can find some in great shape, I plane on buying them. I'm also in the process of having a scope bases made that have built in windage and 11mm dovetails. It will mount inside of the rear sight base. That is because the rear base has a projection weld that is about 1.5mm that holds it in place along with the two #4-40 screws. It makes no sense to break that weld off to mount a rail.

Attachments

• MAS 45 1.jpg
    MAS 45 1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 139
  • MAS 45 4.jpg
    MAS 45 4.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00303.JPG
    DSC00303.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00315.JPG
    DSC00315.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00284.JPG
    DSC00284.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00302.JPG
    DSC00302.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Nice! Manners is one of the best looking stocks out there! I plan to paint my Bravo with a camo scheme down the road.

Normally go Thursday morning as well when I can
I'm on the right side of the range, with my Ruger, but now I just bought Mossberg Precision, and waiting for the range to open.

If you see a black Corvette in the parking lot, I'm there!

Wow, $40. for that beautifully figured stock 22. Amazing!

Let us all remember what our Grandfathers & maybe our Great Grandfathers were making back then - the avg. hourly wage for men in 1949 was between $1.00 & $1.50. - so $40-$60 a week.

The purchase of a $40.00 rifle was no small bill to pay.

And that is a Beautiful Remington - thanks for posting it.

Bob S.

Beautiful gun !!
My Remington 521T circa 1948-9. Unmolested to the best on my knowledge.

i-MJbrkvj-XL.jpg

i-p8zJqHZ-XL.jpg

i-hzrVKxr-XL.jpg

i-xSLSK2p-XL.jpg

i-jCM2kcV-XL.jpg

Retailed for under $40.

If I could find one in that condition , I would buy it.
Do you know how a 513T compares to the 521T?

Beautiful gun !!

If I could find one in that condition , I would buy it.
Do you know how a 513T compares to the 521T?
I'm no expert on historic rimfires, however my old business banker and longtime varmint hunting buddy happened to co-author this book.

i-cDPJptx-L.jpg

My 521T came from his collection. When Remington displayed in the Cody Wyoming Museum they asked him to do the rimfire portion of the display with his collection. ;)

Here's the notation from the book.

i-wnVWnFZ-XL.jpg

My 457 MTR with 24X Weaver, its bedded, barrel shimmed, headspaced at .043" ,trigger at 9 oz. I havent got to try it after I bedded it, so far best average at 50 yards is .400" for 7-5 shot groups, hoping the bedding job will improve it some.

Attachments

• 89826055_230385058116135_3053436037641535488_n.jpg
    89826055_230385058116135_3053436037641535488_n.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 93861727_947249829025582_6999205669089837056_n.jpg
    93861727_947249829025582_6999205669089837056_n.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 143
Really nice bedding job! Top notch! Just curious, what does barrel shimming do? Is it to make sure the barrel is fully floated? Is it the part I see about an inch or so just beyond the receiver?

Really nice bedding job! Top notch! Just curious, what does barrel shimming do? Is it to make sure the barrel is fully floated? Is it the part I see about an inch or so just beyond the receiver?

Thanks...the shank of the barrel that goes into the action is shimmed for a tighter fit, similar to gluing the barrel in.