• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Re: show some pics of your rimfire sticks!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What stock is that Charlie? </div></div>

My apologies, I can't where I have answered your question.

It is a Boyd's Tacticool stock. Really gives the rifle a "real" feel.

Charlie

Vilts, that's some very fine work! Any reason why you chose to only do the portion of the bolt that shows in the open position rather than the entire bolt?

Thanks,
Dylan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vilts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my CZ452 Varmint with the bolt I engraved the other day. Someday I'll make a new stock for it and carve it, good for practice.

ib7jam.jpg

ilu1Xk.jpg

iltPAQ.jpg

ilp9uQ.jpg

Some WIP photos are here: http://min.us/mvkE6cA

Viljo</div></div>

Wow! That is amazing...

How long have you been engraving?

Dylan, the open position was chosen because of 2 reasons - that's how we have to keep the bolt during competitions, when we're not shooting (to show off :)) and I wasn't sure how much time it took to engrave it. The metal hardness etc. were all unknown to me, so I didn't want to take on too much at first. And it was the first time I engraved a thing with such a small radius... But I will do the closed position too, that's fortunately much smaller area.

Dantrom, it've been engraving for 4 years as part time hobby.

Viljo

Viljo, very cool! Make sure to post up more pics once the whoe thing is done, although, won't it be difficult to blend in the rest to what is already done? It looks like there are definite lines where the pattern ends. Or, will it just be the small "window" that you can see through the ejection port instead of the entire bolt? Sorry for the questions, I'm not usually a fan of rifle engraving, but I do like your work quite a bit! It adds that small flare of detail that improves the overall appearance.

Regards,
Dylan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Viljo, very cool! Make sure to post up more pics once the whoe thing is done, although, won't it be difficult to blend in the rest to what is already done? It looks like there are definite lines where the pattern ends. Or, will it just be the small "window" that you can see through the ejection port instead of the entire bolt? Sorry for the questions, I'm not usually a fan of rifle engraving, but I do like your work quite a bit! It adds that small flare of detail that improves the overall appearance.

Regards,
Dylan </div></div>

Blending in the new area won't be a problem, just as you said it - the small 'closed position window' is not visible otherwise. Currently engraved pattern won't show through ejection port either. I will definitely post pics here once it's done, but I will be in quite a few months time, a lot of other engravings are waiting in the line with higher priority
smile.gif

007-1.jpg

Savage MK II LH, egw 20moa base, warne tactical rings, Falcon and my own hand made fiberglass stock with Duracoat Az flags camo. It now has integral supp. All together it weighs 8#.

002-2.jpg

Here it is on p dog hunt from sunday.

Just finished this one up. Before I get comments about the crooked scope, it wasn't attached in the pics.
wink.gif

22.jpg

22-2-1.jpg

22-4-1.jpg

22-3-1.jpg

the last pic on the bottom, where is that at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangingchads</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm thought I posted these on here before but guess not. Got some new pics of it anyways.

DSC_8121.jpg

DSC_8119.jpg

DSC_8120.jpg

45266_437462899632_705599632_4884219_3581717_n.jpg

Next to my 308
photo.jpg

Specs for who is interested.
Ruger 77/22 All weather Painted Krylon digital
Custom B&C fiberglass stock (inlet and bedding done by me)
Eagle OD stock pack
Volquartsen target sear & spring.
Weigand scope rail
No name scope rings
Bushnell 3200 10x with butler's
No name bipod 9-13"

</div></div>

2ept2tz.jpg

Rineland Arms {no longer made} RL22
Cheap BSA scope LOL
Mark White Suppressor custom made.

Trying to make a better bolt knob than the original on my Savage MKII BV. The little ball always felt wrong to me, so I set out with the lathe to make a heavy brass knob with o-rings.

Used a grinder to take the original down to about 8mm and threaded it M8. The knob was drilled and tapped accordingly.

This is what I ended up with:

savagemkiiknob4.jpg

savagemkiiknob2.jpg

Pretty happy with it, but it is a tad long, and should be angled down a little. Prone behind the rifle it works great though, and the extra weight makes bolt lift and operation a lot smoother. It might get a spray of duracoat..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished this one up. Before I get comments about the crooked scope, it wasn't attached in the pics.
wink.gif

22.jpg

22-2-1.jpg

22-4-1.jpg

22-3-1.jpg
</div></div>

That is a Cracking Rig!! How does it shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vilts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my CZ452 Varmint with the bolt I engraved the other day. Someday I'll make a new stock for it and carve it, good for practice.

ib7jam.jpg

ilu1Xk.jpg

iltPAQ.jpg

ilp9uQ.jpg

Some WIP photos are here: http://min.us/mvkE6cA

Viljo </div></div>

Wow... seriously impressive!! You should be taking orders and making mountains of money with skills like that!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlimySquirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished this one up. Before I get comments about the crooked scope, it wasn't attached in the pics.
wink.gif

22.jpg

22-2-1.jpg

22-4-1.jpg

22-3-1.jpg
</div></div>

That is a Cracking Rig!! How does it shoot?</div></div>Thanks! It shoots really well!

Here's a pic of the rifle I put together today, haven't had a chance to see how well it groups. I sanded down the stock a little bit since part of the barrel was touching. I went ahead and filed down the sear to remove the creep, trigger breaks clean at just a hair over 2 pounds.

DSC00869.jpg

Just picked this up. Savage .17
DSC03238.jpg

Its a start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> AM15 rimfire

IMG_0226.jpg
</div></div>

C'mon man,we need a video of you emptying that drum
grin.gif

mine, plus 3-4 project rims being worked on.

g3_copy7.jpg

For me, Winchester 52's RULE!

1.jpg

1955 Mod 52 -C- Heavy Barrel, Redfield International Mark 8 (1/8" moa) Rear Sight and Olympic Front Sight. This is the one I shoot the most and is the most accurate -C- I ever shot.

2.jpg

1957 Mod 52 -C- Bull Barrel, Unertl 20x Scope, 2" Objective, 1" Maintube -w- Optional Posa Mounts and Magnum Stop Clamp.

3.jpg

1966 Mod 52 -E- Heavy Barrel, Unertl 20x Scope, 1.5" Objective, 3/4" Maintube -w- Optional 30% increaser eyepiece (bring mag to 27x), Posa Mounts and Magnum Stop Clamp. This is hands down the most accurate 52 (actually the most accurate rimfire) I have ever shot.

4.jpg

1966 Mod 52 -E- International Positional Rifle, Al Freeland Adjustable Laminated Stock, Carl Kenyon Trigger Option, All Factory Stock Accessories, Lyman 30X Super Target Spot Scope that was ordered with the rifle. Missing from the picture is the cast handstop and the front sling swivel accessories, both are dovetail lever release type that can be used seperate or together. I have them, they just didnt make the shot. This is an older pick showing Redfield Olympic front and rear sites that also came with it, I have since gone over to Redfield International Mark 8 (1/8" moa adjustments) rear Sites and an International Big Bore Front Site (brighter site picture).

If you own or like Win 52's, I created a SH Winchester 52 page. Drop by and post a pick of your 52's here:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2602826&page=1

Best to all,
Darkstar

I'm liking this setup, where did you get the sites?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The front sight seems to be just the right width:

022-1.jpg
</div></div>

Here is my 11 yo son's Marlin M60 with Simmons 3-9x40 rimfire scope. We picked up the gun barely used and the scope on sale from Midway. He saved his own money for about a year to make the purchases. He now has 2 of his own .22's. We Krylon'd it and now it's GTG kill some critters.
DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

I just picked this one up today. Got her home and tore it down and did some cleaning and touching up to the trigger. Trigger still needs work, so I am going to see about maybe an actual trigger job on it. I absolutely love the ergonomics of the stock. Of course, I had to throw the Krylon at it. I don't own any black rifles anymore, so I couldn't leave her like she was!! LOL!!

I am going to try and get some range time in tomorrow, so I will possibly be posting some pics of some targets too. We will see how she does first!! Hope you enjoy!!

DK

TRR.jpg

Savage 93BTVSS WMR in a Boyds EVO stock, Nikon 4.5-14X40 Buckmasters scope, DIP rail and Burris ZEE rings.
027.jpg

Just got my .22lr BTV on Tuesday and got my loaner Harris bipod Wednesday. Too bad my scope rings haven't come in yet but they are supposed to be here today. Too bad to late to take it to the parents range
IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futurerider103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my sling stud will be in the way if I do it like that </div></div>

Remove the stud. It will make a difference. You can allways screw it back in. The bipod has a place on it you can attach a sling if needed

Hello, great looking rifles guys. One question, where are you getting the AICS/L96 style stocks and on what rifles are you putting them? Are they airsoft conversions?

Just got my Nikon Rimfire Scope

After a long wait I finally got my hands on a
2011 Nikon ProStaff Rimfire BDC 150 Scope. This scope has fully multi coated optics,Parallax free at 50 yards and zero reset turrets to name a few features. My son and I had a blast shooting steel targets from 25-50 yards out as well as a metal tree with 2 inch circles. After the long wait I was very pleased with this scope. In case you were wondering, my positive comments have nothing to do with me being a Nikon Pro Staffer.
It is just a very good scope for anyone using a 22LR.
Nikon ProStaff 3-9 Rimfire BDC 150

Re: Just got my Nikon Rimfire Scope

Bedded in a McMillan BR stock, Weaver bases, Bushnell6500 4.5-30x50, trigger job that breaks at 3oz., Signature Zee rings with inserts, barrel has been re crowned and re chambered.

Winchester52Bushnell.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Here are some updated photos of my Kimber Model 82B Classic with NEAR Manufacturing 34mm LOW Rings:</span></span>
Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X18x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X38x6.jpg

Keith

Here's my 10/22. That's a Fajen thumbhole that's been modified a few times. I think it's time for a new stock. She shoot's well enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished this one up. Before I get comments about the crooked scope, it wasn't attached in the pics.
wink.gif

22.jpg

22-2-1.jpg

22-4-1.jpg

22-3-1.jpg
</div></div>

I am not going to comment on your crooked scope, but I will comment on your crooked flutes. Looks like somebody messed them up I guess we will need to put the barrel in the barrel vise an have a gorilla twist the barrel to straighten up your flutes....
grin.gif
.....Actually I hope everyone realizes this is just a joke....You did a wonderful job on your rifle and it looks great. So how does it shoot?

This 'ol thing had been propped up in the back of my dad's gun cabinet for longer than I've been breathing, but was never used due to a missing safety, a tendency to slam fire, and a much nicer .22 propped in front of it. Its a Marlin 80 or 81 as far as I can tell; no markings other than the Sears label. It's been dryfired to hell and back by me when I was a little tyke, beaten around, and probably never cleaned before I got it.

IMG_4320.jpg

A couple of years ago I decided to pull it out and use it as a beater to learn my way around taking a rifle apart, tinkering, shooting, etc. Long story short, I got rid of the slam firing, refinished the stock, bedded it, floated the barrel, and hit the range. It's been a great project, is surprisingly accurate and most importantly, a lot of fun to shoot. As a bonus, through the work on the rifle I kinda earned it a place in my gun cabinet now... ha, thanks pops.

IMG_4756.jpg

I have a can for this, but don't have a pic with it on.
22012jpg.jpg

10 shot group @ 25 yards.
22003jpg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm liking this setup, where did you get the sites?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The front sight seems to be just the right width:

022-1.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw it.

They are in fact Tech Sights. They make a huge difference over factory irons.

M&P .22 w/ Gemtech can, topped with a Weaver 1.5-4.5x24 30mm.

This was one of their "Classic Extreme" optics. While I hate the word "extreme" on anything, it is a very nice piece of glass.

It fits this rifle perfectly.

001-14.jpg

004-8.jpg

2cco02e.jpg

picked up one of those tactical solutions x-rings and threw the scope rings and a pod on it... gonna change out the stock.
So far I'm pretty pleased... Holds close to half inch groups at 50y with cci minimags, but I would like to get the fliers pulled in better, so I have several match ammos to try this week sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
gun080.jpg

</div></div>

Do you by any chance make these stocks for CZ 452's? Thanks.