• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

I finally got decent glass for the BV. Vortex definitely got it right with the PST and 2.5-10x44 seems to work perfect for targets and varmints. I really like the DIP bottom metal and Triad pack as well.

Here's where I shoot in spring when whatever we put in is small and in fall/winter once it's off. The targets are at 100 and 400 yards, with maybe another 250 of space to move back yet. You can just make out the 400 yard target painted yellow near the center of the pic.

I finally got decent glass for the BV. Vortex definitely got it right with the PST and 2.5-10x44 seems to work perfect for targets and varmints. I really like the DIP bottom metal and Triad pack as well.

Here's where I shoot in spring when whatever we put in is small and in fall/winter once it's off. The targets are at 100 and 400 yards, with maybe another 250 of space to move back yet. You can just make out the 400 yard target painted yellow near the center of the pic.

How well does that scope work at closer ranges like 50yds and in with no side focus or adjustable objective???

Ben

It's not bad at lower magnification, but I don't really shoot much closer than 100, so I can't give you a real knowledgeable answer. I will say that I'd take it any day over the POS Cabelas 4-12 with the adjustable parallax and objective that I had on it for a couple years.

My Ruger 10-22 on the left
Specs:
KSA .920 barrel
Kidd Scallopped bolt
Kidd drop in trigger
Kidd buffer
Kidd Charging bar.
Gunsmithers barrel block.
scopes a 4.5-14 Burris Timberline

On the right: Save 93 FVSR in .17hmr
with a Hawke Varmint 6-24x44sf
rhineland arms leopard stock
dip 20moa rail, trigger guard and floor plate.

what the ruger will do with the KSA barrel

Last edited:
CZ453 Varmint .22lr
Boyd's Tacticool
S&B PMII P4LF 1/4MOA 4-16x42
TPS TSR-W low rings
CPG Design trigger guard
JvdP Tactical Bolt handle
DIP extended 25 MOA rail
DIP torx action screw set
Harris S-BRM bipod

20130822_1445341_zpsa93a1fb5.jpg

My range toy:

I've had it a couple months, but just got the scope for it, in fact. Looking forward to sighting it in :)

15-22-99_zpsab725fad.jpg~original

Geno i like the trainers camo, short bus has mine now, working his mojo on it, i'am a sucker for desert camo

I bought mine that way used from one of the guys on here. I'll be sending it off to stockdoc when i get a chance to get the adjustable cheek installed. Then when it gets too cold or I can bare to par with it again I'm gonna send it off again to get the metal painted up right to match. I just Kryloned the barrel for now.

Last edited:
I bought mine that way used from one of the guys on here. I'll be sending it off to stockdoc when i get a chance to get the adjustable cheek installed. Then when it gets too cold or I can bare to par with it again I'm gonna send it off again to get the metal painted up right to match. I just Kryloned the barrel for now.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

geno can you post a link to stockdoc.
not a thing wrong with rattle can paint job,use it all the time on my coyote rig, seasons change so does paint job,
still your trainer looks good to me, shows not a safe queen

She's definitely not a safe queen! I've only had it a couple of years and can't count the number of rounds that have been through it. It's not only my favorite rimfire, it's also my test mule for all things 22.

Search stockdoc in the gunsmithing forum. That's how I found him. I believe he does it as a side hobby. He says he has a one week turn around right now so I might have to get on the ball and part with her for a little while.

Here is my Savage MKII FV-SR in a modified Well G96 airsoft chassis, complete with fake magazine and suppressor - I'm sure a few of you will groan but hey I built it for fun and it sure messes with peoples heads at the range. It's quite solid and shoots really well. It's also a big hit with the younger generation, I let a friends kids get behind it last time out and they just couldn't get enough of it.

Let them groan. That's a nice job you did there. Are you going to get a real suppressor?

Let them groan. That's a nice job you did there. Are you going to get a real suppressor?

Thanks, I did put a lot of work into it to make it solid, for example I replaced the toy monopod with my own creation using a leg from an old Harris bipod I had laying around. I would like to get a real suppressor someday, probably go with an OP's 12th model since I have a HCS MK12 mod1.

Thanks, I did put a lot of work into it to make it solid, for example I replaced the toy monopod with my own creation using a leg from an old Harris bipod I had laying around. I would like to get a real suppressor someday, probably go with an OP's 12th model since I have a HCS MK12 mod1.

nice job

more pics of the custom magazine and mag release

how did you do the mag release to the MKII?

nice job

more pics of the custom magazine and mag release

how did you do the mag release to the MKII?

I do have some detailed pics of the inner workings but I should probably start my own thread to get into that.

Damn guys.. Everything looks great.

Savage TRR-SR, just textured an painted the stock, DIP rail, bottom metal on the way. Still need a scope......... Planning on shooting 200 yards, all I have out back.

image.jpg

I added another 22lr rimfire rifle yesterday. I made a trip to the CMP north store before work to hand pick out my Kimber 82G. I tore it apart to clean an inspect everything and it is in awesome shape. No Sargent slasher mark on the stock at all, barrel free floated, and no real rust. I adjusted the trigger down to about 2 lbs for now and test fired in the back yard a little today. Range day will be tomorrow to really test it and see what it (and me) can do.

9986056556_ff84c06b24_c.jpg

A few of my other 22lr target rifles

1- Dlask/KIDD/ AAA Walnut stock 10/22

This is a total laser with good ammo. A very accurate bench 22lr with the following parts..
30moa railed Dlask receiver
20" KIDD threaded barrel and KIDD thread protector
KIDD scalloped bolt and KIDD bolt handle
KIDD single stage trigger 1.5lbs
AAA Walnut stock
Bushnell Elite 6-24x50 mil/mil/illum

Sept22-13023_zps6bf2d2f6.jpg

2- Ruger 77/22 Build

Another light trail boltgun with the match barrel and trigger.

Ruger 77/22 with the following extras
Volquartsen Carbon fiber 16" threaded barrel and 32 hole comp and a seperate thread adaptor to 1/2x28
Jard Match trigger single stage 1.5lb
Extended mag release
Stock and rifle barrel ends painted black with a two tone on the stock, with OD green under black.
Bushnell Elite tactical 2.5-16x44 with 132 moa

May04-13032_zps4c6c7376.jpg

3- CZ455 with a Lilja Match 21" barrel and Bushnell Elite 2.5-16x44 Mil Dot with 90moa

Sept22-13020_zps24338bf5.jpg

Last edited:
My rimmies.

Savage 93R17 GLV with the Bushnell (3-9x) scope from one of the 93 package setups. The barrel is cut to 19.5" and threaded, a low cost brake added and mounted using double bottom plates to the obligatory Tacticool Boyds stock, modded for LH bolt. The 10 round magazine is from 17hmrmags.com. It's all painted with Rustoleum Khaki and grey primer with home-made digi-camo stencils.

The AR is a S&W 15-22 with a Tacticool 22 barrel nut and carbon forend from Brownells. The can is fake, the kind that covers the barrel, I was going for the SBR plus silencer look. It seems to have worked. Scope is a cheap 4x TruGlow.

Better glass is in the works for both.

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
969892_10151367455965904_1810794294_n.jpg

Savage FV-SR, Boyd's Rimfire Hunter pepper laminate stock, DIP bottom metal & trigger guard, SWR Warlock II, Leupold rings, EGW base, Weaver 1.5-6x TBX, and Blackhawk sling, stock pouch & bipod.

Your rifle looks PERFECT!

Here is mine...

Top Predator inspired Savage MK II-F Non Accutrigger model Project

hx4ug8.jpg

Well your title doesn't say this is only open to tactical style rifles so here is one for you:

It's a Ballard 6 1/2 Rigby off hand rifle. Made approx. 1887. The original barrel is gone which most likely would've been a .32-40 or a .38-55 but other calibers could've been had on special order. The action is factory engraved like most 6 1/2 Ballards were. The gun was sent to Stevens (which later was purchased by Savage which is why it became known as Savage-Stevens) around 1909-1910. Stevens rebarreled the rifle and modified the original breech block and converted it to .22RF. The muzzle diameter is .875 and it is 1.032" across the flats (approx. 1.120" diameter at the breech). Barrel finish length is 30".

The barrel wasn't rifled by Harry Pope (barrel is marked Stevens-Pope) as Pope had left Stevens by Dec. 1905 or real early 1906. The s/n of the barrel is 1720. The last barrels Pope rifled at Stevens was s/n 1244 or 1246. So most likely this barrel was rifled by Fred Ross. Fred was Popes right hand man at Stevens while he was there but the rifling is Pope style rifling.

The rifling has a left hand twist, 8 grooves and has gain twist rifling.

When it got rebarreled at Stevens the Stevens forearm was added (to bad the original Ballard forearm was fancy wood and had a horn tip but it would've been for a round barrel not the half octagon/half round barrel that it was replaced with). At the time of the rebarrel the then new Winchester A5 scope was added. The scope has from what I've been told a pretty rare reticle. It's a post with a open circle on top of it. No horizontal cross hairs. These came out in 1909. I have the original Marlin mid range veneer tang sight but the original front sight is gone as the barrel was not fitted with open sights at all. It would've had a windage adjustable globe front sight.

Dug it out to do some minor restoration on it and get it back shooting again. The muzzles crown needs to be redone as it's damaged, and the bottom of the buttstock is chipped/cracked and needs to be repaired. The bore of the barrel is mint. No pitting etc...

Later, Frank

Last edited:
Thanks Yote.

I sure am having fun with it. The other day a friend and I were out 22 shooting on our steel. 50y to 200Y was kinda boring, if shooting can ever be boring, LOL. Hit the 309Y popcan sized steel 2/5 then hit a 4-5" rock twice at 378Y. It never ceases to amaze me what a friggen little 22 is capable of!