• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

IMG_4331_zpscsfd1gr4.jpg

This is one of my two rimfire rifles, below semi custom Ruger 10/22:

Ruger 10/22 receiver;
Volquartsen carbon barrel;
Timney Trigger;
Power custom titanium firing pin, extractor and charging handle;
Hogue stock (but now fitted into a Magpul X22 stock);
Hawke scope (2.5 -10 x30)

View attachment 7287715
Where did you get the porta -aim

Lockdown refinishing project of my late year run Remington Model 34 Repeater I bought for my kids to shoot 18+ years ago. Stock had been refinished with some kind lacquer and krinkle finished in some areas...... a nice pawn shop patina. But the metal is all original!

i-mZJKGK3-XL.jpg

I stripped the stock with multiple applications of lacquer thinner, sharpened lines with 100/150/220 grit sandpaper, wiped with a wet towel and heat gunned dry, sanded with 220, repeated the process and used 320. Wiped clean with mineral spirits, let dry and applied a coat of 2 parts mineral spirits 1 part Birchwood Casey's Tru-Oil, let it dry and buffed with 00 steel wool, the applied a 1 to 1 coat of spirits and oil and let it dry. Buffed with 00 steel wool and applied a thin coat of Tru-Oil with my fingers and let it dry overnight. Buffed with 00 again and applied one more coat of Tru-oil and let it dry overnight then buffed with 000 steel wool and a fine cloth.

i-VTZRRWC-X2.jpg

First time I've refinished a stock and I'm sold on Tru-Oil. I didn't want a high gloss finish or tactile feel so the two light final coats and 000 steel wool with cloth buff left a natural look and you can still feel the wood in your hands.

Not bad lumber for a rifle that sold for $13.95. ;)

Ruger Precision Rimfire. 22LR. Bushnell Nitro 5-20X44 deploy MOA reticle.

Attachments

• 002781FA-3B7D-417F-849B-8BC8FFD54C00.jpeg
    002781FA-3B7D-417F-849B-8BC8FFD54C00.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
  • 5059E6BC-E004-4205-863D-241A7FB55E75.jpeg
    5059E6BC-E004-4205-863D-241A7FB55E75.jpeg
    870.3 KB · Views: 130
  • A63C92C2-1F3D-456A-80D1-C2227D0EBADE.jpeg
    A63C92C2-1F3D-456A-80D1-C2227D0EBADE.jpeg
    727.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 2C08099D-E5AB-42DF-8A4E-0181CD096EA2.jpeg
    2C08099D-E5AB-42DF-8A4E-0181CD096EA2.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 126
How does it balance? I went with a 22” MTU thinking it would be close to my match rifles in weight that are 26”. Yours looks great and is making my wait worse.

If I could do it over, I would have gotten the 20" Kukri, because it would have been easier to balance it out.
On the 18" Kukri, I had to add brass weight inserts to the forend, and a muzzle brake for the last bit I needed.
That solution cost around $220.00. It balances just in front of the magwell now.
And since this is a photo thread, here it is, in it's current configuration.

My abomination. Mdt chassis under an Anschutz 64 action, mdt grip and stock. Cerakoted, milled for the extended magwell and release. Atlas bipod. Still shoots fine despite my meddling.

Anschutz 64, it's fine.

My abomination. Mdt chassis under an Anschutz 64 action, mdt grip and stock. Cerakoted, milled for the extended magwell and release. Atlas bipod. Still shoots fine despite my meddling.

Anschutz 64, it's fine.

I put my 64 MPR in an MDT chassis as well. What scope are you using? I also put a 25 MOA scope rail and over-size bolt handle on mine from DIP industries. With the Burris signature rings and the scope rail, I can get an extra 65 MOA out of the scope. That has enabled me to lob bullets at cow bells at 300 yards.

Here's the link to DIP: https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3599

IMG_1677.jpg

I have a dip rail and athlon scope. Don't recall which rings I have. Am looking at a better scope. Don't know what I'll do yet. Only minor problem so far is the lop is crazy long with this setup, and the recoil pad is way thicker than I need. It is crazy heavy, which I like.

I have a dip rail and athlon scope. Don't recall which rings I have. Am looking at a better scope. Don't know what I'll do yet. Only minor problem so far is the lop is crazy long with this setup, and the recoil pad is way thicker than I need. It is crazy heavy, which I like.

We do have different buttstocks. I finally had to get the folding adapter for mine as I got tired of constantly removing the cheek piece. I like the heaviness on my set up as well.

It's so heavy that, depending on the lighting conditions, I can see the trace and/or the bullet as close as 100 yards. For targets, my friends and I were shooting at one inch steel plates at 100 yards. https://shootingtargets7.com/collections/3-16-gongs/products/1-ar400-gong-3-16

Before that we were shooting at golf balls at 100 yards as well. To keep from constantly picking up golf balls I used a home made target frame and mason line to suspend the ball and still watch it bounce all over the place.

To start, drill a hole in the ball while it's in a vice. Use a large enough drill bit to get a crochet needle through it. I made up several golf balls like this as they will only last a few hundred rounds before needed replaced.

I use dark colored mason line as it blends in with the backstop and not easy to see. If the line is white or another bright color it makes aiming easy because a "V" is formed that points to the target.

Mason line is perfect. I cut up about 4 foot lengths and melt the ends with a candle. The line is doubled and the crotchet needle pulls it through the hole. The loop is now tied into a knot several times to keep it from slipping back through the hole.

In the photo below, the arrow points to the golf ball or what is remaining of it. I put several hundred rounds through this ball and the actual distance was 110 yards.

When the ball is hit just right, it goes around in a vertical orbit like a ferris wheel and it more fun to watch than if I shot at it laying on the ground or off a golf tee like I used to do.

92E1C918-8277-4727-B251-8C3CE9BFCE2F.JPG
6DEADCF6-B59D-422C-9703-C15070F98896.JPG
491B3B29-4FAB-4F82-BEEF-A1C1F7A01F84.JPG

A golf ball is 1.68 inches in diameter which is about 1.6 MOA. We've found that the 1 inch plate from Shootingtarget7 will last longer. You can suspend it with mason line as well but every now and then the string gets cut and you have to repaint it. The one inch plate is a better challenge anyway but used golf balls are cheap.

For an even greater challenge, we've used a dab of hot glue to affix paintballs to 4X8 index cards. Then we tack or staple the index cards to the backstop at 100 yards.

The game is played this way. Each shooter gets ten shots at a paintball. If the shooter hits the paintball on the first shot, he or she gets 10 points. If they get it on the 2nd shot they get 9 points. If they get it on the 3rd shot, they get 8 points. You get the picture.

I have the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25X with the MRAD reticle on mine. It was pricey but I don't regret spending the money on it one bit.

Made it, quickie B-day gift for a rimfire shooter.
Been a while since I broke out the welder. Looks like I need to grab myself some angle-iron.

Rimfire challenge, pick your yardage.
i-sg9VsGX-XL.jpg

i-7gCXCZ4-XL.jpg

Nice!

I setup a similar target for my gun club's "Fun Shoot" event using a simple 2x4" board sawhorse using the cheap Sawhorse Brackets from Harbor Freight.

The game started out as hit the paintballs - then it became hit the paintballs, and then cut the golf tee. It made a lot of people smile that day - even made a few non-shooters decide shooting was fun to do.

Reactions: Cowpokey and Sieg
Tikka T1x
Area 419 15moa rail
Vortex Viper gen2 3x15
KRG Bravo
Had my stock T1x about 6mo.. Showed up to a local PRS match (my first) and stole 2nd. Just put it in the Bravo yesterday. Cant wait to hit some paper with it!!
Using the old beater bipod at the moment saving up for an Atlas. Anybody have any ammo they can recommend. I ordered 2 boxes CenterX and Wolf ultra match. I'm using Norma match 22 at the moment getting sub 1" at 50yd.
20200516_130102.jpg

Nice color scheme on the Bravo, did you do that yourself?

I would highly recommend trying SK Rifle Match and Lapua Pistol King.

The Atlas bipods are great, no doubt about that. Trouble is, for the average person they cost to much for what they do. But, I'd still recommend everyone having at least one, I have two.

Nice color scheme on the Bravo, did you do that yourself?

I would highly recommend trying SK Rifle Match and Lapua Pistol King.

The Atlas bipods are great, no doubt about that. Trouble is, for the average person they cost to much for what they do. But, I'd still recommend everyone having at least one, I have two.
Thank you. Yes I did
Got my sights on the BT65 Gen 2 Cal. I was going for the ARCA rail system until I priced all the components. Will try the SK Rifle Match!

Loving the pics!
Thank you. Yes I did
Got my sights on the BT65 Gen 2 Cal. I was going for the ARCA rail system until I priced all the components. Will try the SK Rifle Match!
What was your process on the paint job for the Bravo? I've got one in Sako Green I'm looking to "modify". PM me if you want. Love the color scheme!

Reactions: BB790