• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rimfire scope suggestions

catalyst81

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
Utah
The nikon prostaff I have on my kids' CZ 455 scout broke so I need a new scope and would like suggestions. Around $500 or less, mil, FFP preferred, xmas tree reticle preferred, parallax down to 25 yrds at least. I'm not opposed to buying used.

Did Nikon refuse to fix your ProStaff?

SWFA SS 3-15x42, Midas Ares BTR.

If you were OK with MOA, SwampFox Kentucky Long is a pretty nice scope, but the mrad version is not out yet.

ILya

Did Nikon refuse to fix your ProStaff?

SWFA SS 3-15x42, Midas Ares BTR.

If you were OK with MOA, SwampFox Kentucky Long is a pretty nice scope, but the mrad version is not out yet.

ILya

My son dropped the scope so it won't get fixed through warranty. Any idea when the mrad SwampFox is coming out?

Athlon Optics Midas TAC 6-24x50 - APRS3 FFP MIL (213077)
This Midas TAC 6-24×50 Model has APRS3 first focal plane MIL reticle in it. Please click the link or download the reticle instruction manual in Specification for more details…

SKU#:213077

HD GlassHD Glass gives you better light transmission, brighter, and sharper image.
Non Illuminated ReticleThe non illuminated reticle rifle scope is battery free.
First Focal Plane ReticleFirst focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilize the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out. The reticle offers quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.
Etched Glass ReticleReticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil
Advanced Fully MulticoatedFully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses
XPL CoatingXPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches or anything else mother nature can throw at you.
Precision Zero Stop SystemThe system allows you to lock down your zero position and dial back to it with a sharp and precise stop right at your zero mark even you are turning it in pitch-dark or blinded folded.
High Precision Erector SystemThe high precision erector system processed by high precision CNC machine with +/- 0.0001mm tolerance level to provide you the most accurate power settings and smoothest magnification change
Aircraft Grade AluminumThe aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it.
Direct Dial Elevation TurretExposed Direct Dial Turret for elevation allows you to quickly make adjustment as you needed and engage your target within a blink of your eyes
Capped Windage TurretCapped Turret for windage assures you that your zero on the windage is always there and gives you the flexibility to dial as well after taking off the cap
One Piece Tube ConstructionHeat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product
WaterproofWaterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater
Fog proofFog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside
ShockproofRobust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.
Argon PurgedArgon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability .

Magnification6-24
Objective Lens Diameter50 mm
Reticle APRS3 FFP IR MIL, Glass Etched non-illuminated
Surface FinishMatte&Brown
Lens CoatingWide Band Fully Multicoated
Extra CoatingXtra Protective Coating
Tube MaterialAircraft Grade Aluminium
Tube Diameter30 mm
Exit Pupil 11.1-1.8 mm
Eye Relief3.7"
Field of View @100 yards17.8-4.6 ft
Click Value0.1 mil
Adjustment range per rotation10 mil
Total Elevation Adjustment25 mil
Total Windage Adjustment15 mil
Turret StyleZero Stop Elevation&Capped Windage
Parallax AdjustmentSide Focus – 10 yards to infinity
Purging MaterialArgon
Length14.6 "
Weight26.3 oz
User Instruction ManualDownload
Reticle Manual Download

Reactions: 10ring1
Does it have to be FFP? I use an SFP SWFA 3-15 on my 22. You're at 15x anytime you're shooting distance anyway, and the reticle is just awesome. Good glass and good tracking

Reason I mentioned the SFP version is that I love the reticle in it, and they only offer it in SFP.

I heard it from a "source" that the new Burris RT6 Long Range may be available next month. I think these are going to make a great rimfire optic as well as a more affordable tactical long range optic. Comes in 3-15×50 and 5-25×56 in FFP with the SCR2 reticle.

I heard it from a "source" that the new Burris RT6 Long Range may be available next month. I think these are going to make a great rimfire optic as well as a more affordable tactical long range optic. Comes in 3-15×50 and 5-25×56 in FFP with the SCR2 reticle.

Will be interested to see how this compares to the PST G2.
Shame they aren't doing a 4-20x50.

Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15. Or any Athlon that fits the bill. For value, Athlon is gonna be hard to beat. It'll come down to reticles you like.

I would be looking at Athlon. I have the one Doug listed above. Its a very nice scope for the price. Its over your budget a bit but worth it. Also if your kid breaks this one. Send it Athlon and they will fix it. I had to send one in for warranty sent it on Monday had my replacement on Friday. If you can't swing the extra budget look at Athlon Argos. I would personal wait to get the extra coin for the Tac its worth it. @gr8fuldoug should be able to hook you up either and looks to still have a heck of deal on Argos gen1s.

The Midas Tac is definitely an option. I have an ERS I'm very happy with. The RT6 sounds interesting as well.

depending on your price range and specifics of what you want your choices are vast just for 50 feet to 300 yards you could almost pick anything scope but what details you will be able to or not be able to see will differ . I like the sightron 10x50x60 30mm sfp we have on ours , Its nice to have the extra magnification and be able to use it but at $1050 that's my max price for a 22 yours could be 10xs that I don't know . I have shot it out to 300 yards with a 22 and that scope and its still nice to be able to see smaller details at that distance . Good luck on what ever you get may it serve you well .

Will be interested to see how this compares to the PST G2.
Shame they aren't doing a 4-20x50.

I think they were intentionally limiting this.

So far though, the RT6 lineup will have a 1-6 SFP, a 1-8 FFP/DFP(?) the 3-15 and 5-25 FFP. All compact and lightweight. All pretty affordable.

If it's all as good a value as the 1-6, it's going to be very popular.

I love my FFP Patriot 6-24x scope(MIL version)...it is perfect for the .22 that I shoot out to 200 yards (so far); and I think it meets all your wants!

Swampfox Patriot

sGw5M1H.jpg

Here it is on my Anschutz 64...I was going to put it on my Anschutz 1411 (54 action) but it is too damn heavy to shoot offhand with that long HEAVY barrel without a shooting coat and palm rest.

Another vote for the Midas Tac. I just put one on a 22 and really like it.

The nikon prostaff I have on my kids' CZ 455 scout broke so I need a new scope and would like suggestions. Around $500 or less, mil, FFP preferred, xmas tree reticle preferred, parallax down to 25 yrds at least. I'm not opposed to buying used.
81, I think a minimum of 20x for shooting holes in paper at 100

I think they were intentionally limiting this.

So far though, the RT6 lineup will have a 1-6 SFP, a 1-8 FFP/DFP(?) the 3-15 and 5-25 FFP. All compact and lightweight. All pretty affordable.

If it's all as good a value as the 1-6, it's going to be very popular.
Any word on where it's made?

Give Doug a call and get the Athlon Midas TAC from Camerland. Not much over your budget but well worth it. The APRS3 reticle with the small center dot is ideal for shooting 22 rimfire. I run that reticle but in the Athlon Cronus BTR on both my 22 rimfires!

Reactions: Seymour Fish
If it's a thread on rimfire scopes, then I'm gonna be in here pimpin' the SWFA 3-15x (although you'll need a sale or a good deal on samplelist.com to get one for under $500).

For a rimfire the Athlon focuses down to 10 yards the Burris is 25 yards.

For a rimfire the Athlon focuses down to 10 yards the Burris is 25 yards.

I'm not sure on this. I've heard these go to 15 yards, and the website is an error. I had one on my prize table at my PRS match, but was busy and never caught up to.the guy that picked it up. I wanted to crack it open and play with it.

But personally speaking, I've never shot at a target at less than 25 yards in a rimfire competition. And the ocassional super close whistle pig I plunked using my XTR3 didnt require any parallax adjustment. Put them in the crosshairs and pull the trigger.

Any word on where it's made?

I believe this is a scope from the Philippines. But I havent confirmed it.

As I mentioned above I had one brand new in the box but didnt get to play with it. In hindsight I should have taken off the cellophane and cracked it open. I didnt want to diminish someone's prize table winnings and I thought I would catch up to them and convince them to open it.

Reactions: patriot07