• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Rings for S&B PMII 5-25

Khazad

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Germany
Hello,

I wanted to mount my S&B 5-25 scope and have a problem with the
Rings: 2,5mm wont fit, so I have to get higher rings.
There are 5mm and 10mm rings available, can anyone tell me if 5mm will do fine?
My english is not that good, ill try to show it on a picture.
The red arrow marks the parameter i need.
Thanks!
c8a7535f064a.JPG

Re: Rings for S&B PMII 5-25

Thx, but i cant go with these Badger rings because i use
MAK Flex. And 1"= 2,54cm right? Would be too high.
Its just the question if 5mm will be ok or if i have to use 10mm Rings.

Something is CLEARLY being lost in translation here. The 1" Badger Rings are by no means too high for a 5-25 S & B under any conceivable mounting situation.

Rings are measured from the top of the rail to the center of the tube. Measure same on your rig, then report back.

Also, it'll help if you convert from mm to inches so we don't have to!!

1.0 rings are to short for an AR platform.

Rich

Hey Rich- I said too HIGH, not too short

Agreed, I just did a search trying to figure out what he was talking about.

OP-

Please Post a picture of your rifle and mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.0 rings are to short for an AR platform.

Rich </div></div>

Eric,

I wasnt quoting you I was just stating that for an AR platform the 1.0 rings are to short.

Rich

Rich- Gotcha. Now go measure how far the bottom of the turret housing hangs below the tube so this guy can order his mount!
smile.gif

E-

Khazad,

wilst du 2 teilige oder 1 teilige ringen ?

Wir haben 2 teilige 6mm bau hohe ringen in 34mm, aber sie sind nicht wirklich hoch genug um den zentrale teil (abschnit D,)der ZFR S&B 5-25x56 zu montieren, und lassen nur 0.1mm luft zwischen der untere teil von abschnit D und der oberteil der picatinny schiene.
Dazu muss mann auch wegen der Obj durchmesse aufpassen, es kann sein das dieses in beruhrung mit der lauf kommt.

12mm bau hohe wäre das richtige für diesen ZFR auf die meisten waffen wenn montiert mit 2 teilige ringen.

Wenn das um ein 1 teiliges montage geht, ist der blockmontage mit bauhohe 12mm auch sehr zu empfehlen.
Melde dich bei uns wenn du hilfe brauchst, Beste Gruße Pete

and for the English speakers

the turret housing is 5.9mm below the main body of the 34mm tube..meaning 6mm rings will just clear it but are near as damn touching if you have any type of coating on the rail.

We've got 6mm high rings, ( over here we measure top of rail to bottom of tube as the height rather than to the centre of the tube) but they are better suited to the 4-16x42 and 50 than the 5-25x56.

regards Pete

Pete installed the 6 mm rings on my rifle, too. Had to put 0.1 mm brass sheet under the base mount to get the same clearance for the middle turret.

I do not swich scopes and even with re-mounting the zero does not change.

Grüße von/nach Deutschland!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
the turret housing is 5.9mm below the main body of the 34mm tube.. </div></div>

Hey Pete!

Thanks much for the support, thats exactly what i was looking for :)

Thank you all for helping!

you are welcome.
tip. the ERA 1 piece is better than the MAK. and we will have new ERA more tactical type rings in soon and also some of the excellent Spuhr rings as soon as Hakan gets some out to us,.
regards Pete