• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP AU Legend Pat Dye

Rip coach! I got to meet coach dye and talked with him on the phone as well! He was a great coach and a good man!

All I have ever known and heard of Pat Dye were good things.
The things I heard that Bo Jackson said about him at his funeral service about him illuminates the classy guy he was.

Today a work a coworker of mine (big time Auburn fan) told me Dye requested to be buried on his own property underneath a tree he planted years ago From a clipping from the oak tree at Toomer’s Corner. Said he wanted to be buried beneath tree so that his decaying body could become fertilizer for the tree. As the guy told it, they did bury him in a pine coffin beneath that tree.

Even as a Bama fan, that is the most bad ass thing I think I have ever heard. Nothing tacky, just an honest, from the heart nod to the university he loved.
That’s pretty freaking awesome in my book.

Reactions: shoot4fun
All I have ever known and heard of Pat Dye were good things.
The things I heard that Bo Jackson said about him at his funeral service about him illuminates the classy guy he was.

Today a work a coworker of mine (big time Auburn fan) told me Dye requested to be buried on his own property underneath a tree he planted years ago From a clipping from the oak tree at Toomer’s Corner. Said he wanted to be buried beneath tree so that his decaying body could become fertilizer for the tree. As the guy told it, they did bury him in a pine coffin beneath that tree.

Even as a Bama fan, that is the most bad ass thing I think I have ever heard. Nothing tacky, just an honest, from the heart nod to the university he loved.
That’s pretty freaking awesome in my book.
I saw a video, I think Fred Hunter's Absolutely Alabama" that was on Coach Dye. IIRC, they talked about that tree and he releyed that story.
I would image Pat (Dye) and Pat (Sullivan) are working on game plans together again.

Had his own plantation too.
I have never had a chance to hunt there, but some buddies of mine have and they said it was a nice place.

Reactions: Snipe260