• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s RIP my friend.

tomme boy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Iowa 52732
The following passage was just sent to me. I do not know who said it, but it says everything I need to know.

"I heard this one time, can't remember where. It is the words of a young boy, who reasoned that the life of a dog is so short because it only takes a few years in this world to spread all of their love and joy around to others, and for God to notice and wish them to be by His side while it usually takes a man much, much longer to achieve the same result--if he ever can."

DSC00406.jpg

5-22-2010 Bear
RIP my Friend. 7 years was too early. It is hard to see how something like this can make a grown man cry. I never realized how much I trully loved him. GOD I sound like a pussy. You are going to be trully missed. I am glad the last thing you seen was me looking you in the eyes. This was the haedest thing I have ever had to do.
frown.gif

Re: RIP my friend.

One of the sad parts of being a pet owner. Sorry for your loss.

Truly sorry for your loss,good dogs are hard to find,,BUT,,
Great Dogs are even harder to lose....I came close to losing
my guy around New Year's so I appreciate your situation..
Plus you did it right staying with you friend till the end.

Been thru this so many times..Sorry for your loss
Just hope you are the person your dog thought you were.

Too many times for me also. Don't think I'm going through it again. The only problem with owning a dog is you will more than likely outlive it. Best friends forever. RIP and say hello to a nice black GSD named Midnight for me........

Sorry for your loss. Lost my buddy "Harley" 9 months ago. Still hurts.

Been in your shoes too many times. You never forget them. But with time it gets a little easier.

I really feel for you I have been thru this before and will go thru it again. i have a seven year old chocolate lab so this really hit close to home. Even though I know I'll go through the pain you are feeling now again, I wouldn't trade the overall experience of my dogs for anything in the world

Your friend was special or you would not loved him as much as you do. No shame in crying my friend and forget that pussy stuff. Crying is a way of coping with what has just happined,we have all done it admitted or not. Victor N is right " you never forget them. but with time it gets a litter easier. We are not heathens we all have feelings, wants and desires, nothing wrong with that. I will pray to the spirits tonight to help you thru this. Ho it is so crow hop

Good looking dog man when i lost mine I didnt hunt the whole next season it was not the same hunting if you didnt have a dog with you they make the trips very special.

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been in your shoes too many times. You never forget them. But with time it gets a little easier. </div></div>

Sorry for your loss. I stood in your shoes twice back in 2008. I had to put down my 16 year old lab and a 15 year old german shorthair. It is never easy when you get attached to them.

I had a black lab named Bear to. He passed away about a year ago of natural causes.
They are great dogs. very loving!

Sorry for your loss of a friend.

Sorry for your loss. This weekend has sucked big time for loyal pets/friends. I had to put my Pomeranian of 16.5 years down early this morning. Several years ago I had to put down our Keeshond, also named "Bear"

Your feelings only show that you’re human and that you loved your Bear. He deserves that acknowledgement.

Instead of thinking it,I'm gonna say it. Its easier to bury people than your pet. You have ups and downs,good and bad times with people. With your pet,there are only good times and great memories filled with unconditional love. Cry away man,a better friend/companion doesn't exist.

Many of us have wet eyes and lumps in our throats. Sorry for your loss.
Semper Fi

yup, im a pussy too. still cry over both of mine. stayed with them til the end. cant wait to get to the rainbow bridge myself. good looking dog man. looks like a model in that picture.

+1 95LTZ,

Bear is a spitting image of my black lab Dakota - who left for greener grass and cooler waters many years ago. I had a lump in my throat just remembering the companionship Dakota and I had for many years. Now I'm looking at my JRT "Dot" sleepin on the couch.

Sorry for your loss...

Just to add. When I put Ruger down the pain was so great I thought I never wanted another dog again. That way I would never have to go through the end of life experience again. I was told that getting another dog would help. Some people are animal people and some are not. My wife says "some people just get it". I have a new puppy now and it truly does help. This little fella has no idea how lucky he really is to be picked by my family.

first day home with Jake 31rst of March 16 lbs.
Jake.jpg

Today I weighed him and he is 44 lbs.
He is a rascal
DSCF1072.jpg

Huge paws. He will be a monster. You have to enjoy them in the short time we have them.
DSCF1085a.jpg

You need to get another and spoil the heck out of him or her.

I still have the Rainbow Bridge card my vet sent me,I had to have Sabre my 11 y/o Weimaraner put down 2 years ago, 2 days before my birthday.A lump showed up on this right leg and I had my dad go by my house and take him by the vet while i was at work.Dad called me about 12 that day and he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma and it had spread into his lungs by the time the lump appeared.Sabre was like a son to me and a grandson to dad,my dad couldn't bring himself to them tell them to euthanize him so i had to do it over the phone.It tore my dad and i up,two grown men cried like a baby.That was only the second time in my life I knew my dad cry,the first was when one of his fellow firmen died in a fire and another was burned over 80%.My prayers are with you.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you two were great pals and it looks from the pic like he had a great time with you. I have a yellow lab who's company I treasure every day ....

Thank you all. We do not know what happened to him. Came home from work Thursday and I had to call he to come out. When he did he was limping. I looked over and felt his feet and arm but did not see anything wrong. He did not give any indication that anything hurt. Gave him 5 baby asprian and later that night he seemed a little better.

Friday early morning he came out he usually does before I go to work. Seemed fine. I came home that night and my GF is laying on the floor with him. She said he was panting really hard and and would not stop shaking. I got him in the car as best I could as he could barely walk, and ran him to the vet.

They did some blood work and gave him a steroide shot. They said the blood was fine. But they think he had something in his neck pushing on his spinal cord as he should discomfort there. They said the shots should help.

Saturday morning I get the call that he is doing worse. Now he cannot walk. And they gave me a couple of things we could do. I had a long talk with the GF and we decided it would be best to put him down.

We went to the vet to see him and he tried to raise his head when we came in. His tail was wagging like we had been gone for a month. We held him for about an hour and the hole time he was looking me in the eyes. It was like he was trying to tell me he was sorry. Then he went to sleep.

Back in better times.
DSC00360.jpg

Man, I got misty eyed reading your story, very touching indeed. Your passage you posted, truer words were never spoken. I am sorry for your loss, you can always reflect on all the good times you had together and smile.

Kirk R

I read your story, and then looked at the picture, and my chest got tight, and my throat lumped up. I'm really sorry for your loss dude. I had a lab mix for like 12 years. I grew up with that dog. He was a member of the family. When we lost him a piece of me died that day. I'm a firm believer that when we get to heaven our dogs will be there too. One day you will see your Bear again.

I am 35 and the lost of my last dog was the hardest thing i have gone through todate.My hart aches for you and Bear.RIP Bear

TB - I had to put down both of my labs one 11 and the other 12 last month together. It wasn't the shittiest day of my life but it was a damn close second. If I don't have any more days like that EVER I think I will make it. Cheers to ya buddy and your best friend