• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riton X7 Conquer owners

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 7, 2018
    Not much on here about Ritons newest scopes. I have an opportunity to pick up either of the FFP X7’s for a couple hundred dollars.
    Just curious if anyone here has exp with either the 3-24 or the 4-32.
    I’m very tempted to try one, especially for the cost, but I also wonder if my $300-500 would be better spent.
    Please let me know your owners exp.
    I don’t need to hear about your
    RTS Mod7, X5 or any of their other scopes. This is their newest design and I’m curious what the Hide members think. All the reviews online are rainbows and butterfly’s as always.
    Thanks y’all.

I’ve shot with two of them and both had tracking issues. Glass was really nice though.

for the X-7 and X-1

Got the X7 3-24 x 56 FFP on a Browning Hells Canyon in 300 Win Mag. This has been a great buy for the money and got me Clover leafs with 2 different loads with a 175gn SMK. So far I like the scope after a month of shooting. Box test was perfect. Only con would be that it is a little tight to change magnification but is getting better with time and not nearly as tight as the Nikon FX 1000 I tried awhile ago

For the X-1 4-14 power SFP I liked it ok for the money but not very forgiving side to side viewing. I put it in Sig rings on a 6.5 Creedmoor for my son to elk hunt with this fall. But after approx a 100 rounds the scope would only focus on 4-8 power and was blurry any other power. I emailed them and they gave me an RMA number and are supposed to be sending me a new one. They thought it was over torqued but I used a FAT WRENCH at 18 in lbs. For a 200.00 scope I will see how the new one does.

Following. I’m in the market for another scope now; I was about to drop $2k on a Steiner, but two people I know who shoot long range have said good things about this scope. Will still probably buy the Steiner, but my minds here for the changing ;)

Following. I’m in the market for another scope now; I was about to drop $2k on a Steiner, but two people I know who shoot long range have said good things about this scope. Will still probably buy the Steiner, but my minds here for the changing ;)
    I've been reading on here and found numerous issues. People saying tracking failed in matches, zero being thrown off, turret clicks just stop clicking, parallax and mag rings are tough to turn and don't let up much over time. I'm trying to research as much as I can because I have a primal 4-16 on the way. After reading these complaints, I don't know anymore.

I’ve used two. Both of them failed. Glass was good though. One would not hold zero and the other failed tracking.

Reactions: smtitmelevi
    I've read a lot of that. Told my buddy because he got the 3-9 version and he likes it so far but lets see in a few months. I canceled the order for mine.

I had a Mod7 4-32x56IR fail me at a match. The turret locked up, and the zero reset to 9 mils low. I sent it back, got the new updated X7 version, and the parallax was crap right out of the box. Everything was blurry at all settings on the adjustment knob, except for a 1/4" window. Sent it back again, and sold the third one BNIB, and moved on.

There were four of us that shoot together bought them initially, and three of us sent multiples back for warranty replacement. One guy I shoot with still has his first one and it doesn't seem to have any problems so far.

Reactions: P47rr
    I just sent my x7 3-24x54 in with a self adjusting windage about 8 mil left on its own but it has over 3000 rds and 12 prs matches before failure we will see how the new one goes. I replaced it with a mark5 that I am really enjoy considering the prices are close retail.

Well, I may have made a mistake.. I purchased one for a budget price in the 3-18x50 X7 conquer.. I probably should have done my homework first or just ordered the Burris XTR III.. SMH

Well, I may have made a mistake.. I purchased one for a budget price in the 3-18x50 X7 conquer.. I probably should have done my homework first or just ordered the Burris XTR III.. SMH
    What issues are you having?

No issues yet, still haven't received it.. Im just referring to the above comments, I should have probably researched it before I bought it. Lol...

I’m going to add a good bit of information here that will be of use. Over the last 3 years I’ve purchased a variety of Riton optics. With that being said I currently own the X 1,3,5 Primal, X5 and X7 Conquer. The x1 is the 4-16 and has been my wife’s primary hunting scope. It has been a worker for her, with 300 rounds worth of 30/06 and 700 rounds of 6.5 Creed she has had no issues. This was her first experience with a rifle and she has obviously shot it much more than the average ”hunting gun”. The x1 has held zero every year, has been dropped, beaten, been through Pennsylvanias worst weather, again, with zero issues. I will say there is a massive glass quality difference between the 1s and 5s. I have the x5 primal on a 28 Nosler hunting Rig and it’s been great, turrets are crisp, no tracking issues and the clarity surpasses my Nightforce. After seeing how these optics did on hunting guns I started teaching with them. Every student has has taken a long range class or intro to long range class loved the X5 and X7s. ( I see around 500 students a year and 150 specifically for long range classes). I feel that Riton is one of the best bang for your buck optics brands out there. I have put 4K rounds down range with the x7 this year alone. Definitely will continue to buy more and often advise others to give them a look. The glass quality in the 5s and above punches way above the weight class. I think it’s also worth mentioning that after 3-4 months the magnification and parallax adjustments smoothed out on all my models. The low light clarity sold me very quickly. The tracking has been phenomena. The only real cons I have found have been that they discontinue models at a lighting rate which causes some logistical issues on my end because I like to have matching setups for personal and professional use and some of their new reticle designs miss the mark. Because if my occupation I have a lot of experience with NF,SB, Leupold, Sig, Vortex, etc. I’ve really grown fond of the Ritons.

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpeg
      IMG_0413.jpeg
      487.3 KB · Views: 25
    • 67928122943__35B9BC07-7ABD-4D5D-A2EE-D30E29F48C4A.jpeg
      67928122943__35B9BC07-7ABD-4D5D-A2EE-D30E29F48C4A.jpeg
      866.4 KB · Views: 25
    Reactions: JungleShooter
    I’m going to add a good bit of information here that will be of use. Over the last 3 years I’ve purchased a variety of Riton optics. With that being said I currently own the X 1,3,5 Primal, X5 and X7 Conquer. The x1 is the 4-16 and has been my wife’s primary hunting scope. It has been a worker for her, with 300 rounds worth of 30/06 and 700 rounds of 6.5 Creed she has had no issues. This was her first experience with a rifle and she has obviously shot it much more than the average ”hunting gun”. The x1 has held zero every year, has been dropped, beaten, been through Pennsylvanias worst weather, again, with zero issues. I will say there is a massive glass quality difference between the 1s and 5s. I have the x5 primal on a 28 Nosler hunting Rig and it’s been great, turrets are crisp, no tracking issues and the clarity surpasses my Nightforce. After seeing how these optics did on hunting guns I started teaching with them. Every student has has taken a long range class or intro to long range class loved the X5 and X7s. ( I see around 500 students a year and 150 specifically for long range classes). I feel that Riton is one of the best bang for your buck optics brands out there. I have put 4K rounds down range with the x7 this year alone. Definitely will continue to buy more and often advise others to give them a look. The glass quality in the 5s and above punches way above the weight class. I think it’s also worth mentioning that after 3-4 months the magnification and parallax adjustments smoothed out on all my models. The low light clarity sold me very quickly. The tracking has been phenomena. The only real cons I have found have been that they discontinue models at a lighting rate which causes some logistical issues on my end because I like to have matching setups for personal and professional use and some of their new reticle designs miss the mark. Because if my occupation I have a lot of experience with NF,SB, Leupold, Sig, Vortex, etc. I’ve really grown fond of the Ritons.
    Well, Eurooptic emailed me that the one I had pre ordered was no longer available so I actually went ahead and ordered the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56. I wanted to try the Riton with the tree reticle, I guess it'll just have to wait.

Reactions: Scopeye
    Well, Eurooptic emailed me that the one I had pre ordered was no longer available so I actually went ahead and ordered the Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56. I wanted to try the Riton with the tree reticle, I guess it'll just have to wait.
    EuroOptic and Scopelist still have the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 (last year's 2022 models) for $649.99. Buy it at your own risk though.

EuroOptic and Scopelist still have the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 (last year's 2022 models) for $649.99. Buy it at your own risk though.
    Nah, I'm not gonna risk it, I feel like there's a very good reason for those bargain prices on the Riton, even though I'm sure some of them are good to go, I just feel like I'll have better odds with a Burris. I'm hoping I'll like this XTR III, I've read some good reviews on it..

Well, got the Burris this evening, and here is my 5 second review. The turrets fucking suck.. They feel mushy as shit like a 49 dollar tasco.. I had a bad feeling about owning another Burris after owning that POS XTR II.... SMH..... Why is it so fucking hard to make tactile turrets, if Arken can do it for half the price, I don't see why the hell Burris can't wrap their fucking heads around that... I dont know, maybe I just got a lemon, but I wish I had went in another direction.. Okay, rant over....

Well, got the Burris this evening, and here is my 5 second review. The turrets fucking suck.. They feel mushy as shit like a 49 dollar tasco.. I had a bad feeling about owning another Burris after owning that POS XTR II.... SMH..... Why is it so fucking hard to make tactile turrets, if Arken can do it for half the price, I don't see why the hell Burris can't wrap their fucking heads around that... I dont know, maybe I just got a lemon, but I wish I had went in another direction.. Okay, rant over....
    Did you manage to buy the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 on sale for $565.49 with free shipping free returns from Walmart online I kept parroting to buy all over the Hide yet?

It's totally risk free just to try out for up to 90 days with free returns even return to your local Walmart if you want and they're currently more than $300.00 off typical street price of $869.99.

It's currently selling for even cheaper than what Black Friday sale price (Historically around $670).

I'm a Burris fan but didn't like the extra weight and lack of total elevation travel for a 34mm scope compared to the Athlon Ares BTR G2 and almost half the price for better optics (IMHO) doesn't hurt either.

It's also clearer than the new $900 Filipino Primary Arms GLx 4.5-27x56 and in fact clearer than mostly all $1000 and under scopes sold by other brands so far except for the mid to lower prices Japan made Tract Torics and Tekoa.

Arken EP5 is also junk compared to this Athlon Ares BTR G2 IMHO.

Did you manage to buy the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 on sale for $565.49 with free shipping free returns from Walmart online I kept parroting to buy all over the Hide yet?

It's totally risk free just to try out for up to 90 days with free returns even return to your local Walmart if you want and they're currently more than $300.00 off typical street price of $869.99.

It's currently selling for even cheaper than what Black Friday sale price (Historically around $670).

I'm a Burris fan but didn't like the extra weight and lack of total elevation travel for a 34mm scope compared to the Athlon Ares BTR G2 and almost half the price for better optics (IMHO) doesn't hurt either.

It's also clearer than the new $900 Filipino Primary Arms GLx 4.5-27x56 and in fact clearer than mostly all $1000 and under scopes sold by other brands so far except for the mid to lower prices Japan made Tract Torics and Tekoa.

Arken EP5 is also junk compared to this Athlon Ares BTR G2 IMHO.
    Actually now I'm shifting gears and thinking about trying a Cronus BTR gen 2, from what I've seen the turrets seem to be miles better than the XTR III and I like the feature set.. Im still open to suggestions though.

Actually now I'm shifting gears and thinking about trying a Cronus BTR gen 2, from what I've seen the turrets seem to be miles better than the XTR III and I like the feature set.. Im still open to suggestions though.
    If you're LE/Military or do certain outdoors type of work they're $1050 at EV. Otherwise $1299.99 for open box demos at Cameraland maybe even more negotiable since I've seen their listing for several months now.

I already have both Cronus and Ares and their optics aren't really that far apart aside from brightness at their max magnification but I really prefer the much lighter weight (almost 10ounces lighter weight) Ares BTR G2.

If you're LE/Military or do certain outdoors type of work they're $1050 at EV. Otherwise $1299.99 for open box demos at Cameraland maybe even more negotiable since I've seen their listing for several months now.

I already have both Cronus and Ares and their optics aren't really that far apart aside from brightness at their max magnification but I really prefer the much lighter weight (almost 10ounces lighter weight) Ares BTR G2.
    I might snag one of those up as well to use on a rimfire or something, never can have enough optics. Does your Cronus have tactile audible turrets?

I might snag one of those up as well to use on a rimfire or something, never can have enough optics. Does your Cronus have tactile audible turrets?
    Yes but but not that loud or distinct or clicky as any of my Ares.

You'd probably second guess your quantifiable nearly double the price spend on such of a huge price difference between the $565.49 Ares and $1050 Cronus.

If clicky loud turrets is what you like then the $799.99 Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 illuminated RD MRAD with free shipping open box demo sale at Scopelist is clickier than the Athlon Cronus. In fact they're pretty much up and up in overall quality and the Meopta is even better built (made on Europe Czech republic) than the Japan made Cronus too.

Also has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/ illuminated reticle.

Even if the Athlon Cronus and Meopta Optika 6 were equally priced, I'd choose the Meopta and at the current $799.99 demo sale prices with free shipping, not even the folks with their LE/Military discounts can buy then for any cheaper. Optional sunshade highly recommend and a decent set of flip up lens covers. The Meopta lets in so much light you need to wear sunglasses and can almost see in the dark.

The Meopta Optika 6 $799.99 sale totally slipped my mind when suggesting the Athlon Cronus for $1050.

I've been reading on here and found numerous issues. People saying tracking failed in matches, zero being thrown off, turret clicks just stop clicking, parallax and mag rings are tough to turn and don't let up much over time. I'm trying to research as much as I can because I have a primal 4-16 on the way. After reading these complaints, I don't know anymore.
    Another reason I personally (NOW) choose to avoid buying certain brands and share some facts on why I wouldn't anyone to get ripped off or burnt by certain companies is their lack of warranty nor customer support after they already suckered you and got your money.

Better watch out with buying Riton, as 3 of my friends got screwed over sending their defective scopes in to Riton for warranty and they were all just returned stating nothing was wrong with them according to Riton. Problems with glass used the be ok before then got distorted image after using for a little while on a rifle, another with a slightly canted reticle barely noticeable if not for actual testing by skilled veteran and another with poor tracking that would not repeat and get stuck. Nothing was wrong with them??? They obviously didn't want to honor their written exchange for brand new scope lifetime warranty policy they have.

People who don't do their own due diligence on extremely shady company and brand warranty practices really gotta get burnt first hand before learning their lesson. Other companies which for one recently who advertise an iron clad warranty (not mentioning names though) were actually able to somehow completely delete all of their negative customer complaints history on the BBB and even delete or disable the Google search function for that matter too after people start sharing what's really up addressing legitimate concerns. It's like the cocaine found in the White House.

Just screw over the next unsuspecting victims after already getting their hard earned money with all kinds of BS excuses not to fix or replace their defective products even when they have a written warranty that clearly states otherwise... Then make all of the evidence of complaints and caution to stay away from this brand suddenly completely disappears...

Yes but but not that loud or distinct or clicky as any of my Ares.

You'd probably second guess your quantifiable nearly double the price spend on such of a huge price difference between the $565.49 Ares and $1050 Cronus.

If clicky loud turrets is what you like then the $799.99 Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 illuminated RD MRAD with free shipping open box demo sale at Scopelist is clickier than the Athlon Cronus. In fact they're pretty much up and up in overall quality and the Meopta is even better built (made on Europe Czech republic) than the Japan made Cronus too.

Also has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/ illuminated reticle.

Even if the Athlon Cronus and Meopta Optika 6 were equally priced, I'd choose the Meopta and at the current $799.99 demo sale prices with free shipping, not even the folks with their LE/Military discounts can buy then for any cheaper. Optional sunshade highly recommend and a decent set of flip up lens covers. The Meopta lets in so much light you need to wear sunglasses and can almost see in the dark.

The Meopta Optika 6 $799.99 sale totally slipped my mind when suggesting the Athlon Cronus for $1050.
    Went ahead and grabbed one of those Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2's, figured for the price it would be a good one for a gas gun 223... I looked at the Meopta offerings but didn't like the reticles.

Went ahead and grabbed one of those Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2's, figured for the price it would be a good one for a gas gun 223... I looked at the Meopta offerings but didn't like the reticles.
    Have you gotten a chance to try out the Athlon Ares BTR G2 yet? How do you like it and considering it's less than half the price of the Burris XTR3 you thought sucked. Go and buy the Athlon Midas/Ares specific 50mm sunshade and a decent set of flip up lens covers.

The Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 RD MRAD is even cheaper now (additional $100 off) at only $699.99 brand new at Scopelist and EuroOptic with free shipping. It's comparable to the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 at a Mich cheaper price. Sunshade required and the cheaper priced $30 Athlon Ares ETR 56mm sunshade fits or buy the genuine Meopta 56mm sunshade for $50-$55 and a decent set of flip up lens covers.