• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RL-16 130gr pills for .260rem

darkhorse95

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2017
Ive seen people on here all over the place talking a out how their loads did with 140-147 gr pills but im playing with 130gr ELD-M right now and was hopeing someone would be able to give me a starting load or some advice from their experiences. I have h4350 on hand but would like to play with another powder as well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have had NO success loading "Pills" in anything at all. I don't even try to load "Pills" in anything other than scripts from the Doctor and they go into me.
Do you put these pills into a clip? Do you then fire them at Point blank range and expect success?
Do you realize that you are on a forum for shooters?
Get back to me after you have some bullets or projectiles and learn proper noun nomenclature, perhaps I could help you then.
Rant over. Foul Mike

I have had NO success loading "Pills" in anything at all. I don't even try to load "Pills" in anything other than scripts from the Doctor and they go into me.
Do you put these pills into a clip? Do you then fire them at Point blank range and expect success?
Do you realize that you are on a forum for shooters?
Get back to me after you have some bullets or projectiles and learn proper noun nomenclature, perhaps I could help you then.
Rant over. Foul Mike

I apologize my word choice is not good enough for you, I'm not worthy of your help.

I'm running 42.9g of R-16 with a Berger 130 AR Hybrid in my 22" LaRue 260. Getting 2840fps, SD of 9.

Thanks for you help, would 40gr be a decent starting load then or should i start lower?

Thanks for you help, would 40gr be a decent starting load then or should i start lower?

I think you're more than safe starting at 40g. I think you'd be safe even starting around 41.5. In my experience the 130s seem to like around 42.5-43 of r16 / h4350 / IMR 4451.

I have a 260 M5 with a Krieger 24" 5R and tested some loads with H4350 and 130gr ELD-Ms, here's are the MVs from a range session with the M5 and my LaRue gasser in 260.

Laddr-Test-MVs-226908.jpg

The 41.8gr load shot well and is right on a OBT node, so I'm going to work with seating depth and see what I can work up. The 42.2grs also shot very well. Granted, these were three shot tests, but they give me a starting point. YMMV

I am at 450 elevation and humidity is usually higher than many areas of the country but here is what my test results showed. These are from a 26" 8 twist 5R with about 1K-1500 rounds (bought used) and it seems to be a little bit slower than all you other 260 Rem guys boast. Recorded on a Magnetospeed V3.
All are 130 Hybrid, FGMM match LR primer, RP brass, and 2.85 COAL.:
42 grains
Avg 2767
ES 24
SD 9

42.5 grains
Avg 2810
ES 21
SD 8.1

43 grains
Avg 2837
ES 32
SD 12.5

43.5 grains
Avg 2867
ES 24
SD 10.1

There were no usual pressure signs of ejector swipe, flattened primers, etc and case head expansion, measured with a Mituyo blade mic was within spec.
Use this data at your own risk and work up carefully.

Thanks for your help guys,

And Defender3 thats actually what im taking out to the field this week to do a ladder test on so hopefully i see some good velocitys like you did. Im using alpha brass and a factory action/barrel this season.