• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RND 100 Bi-Pod meets the EDM Bi-Pod......Pics

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
I decided to try a different approach to my RND 100 bi-pod. Overall it is a good design, but I didn't need so much adjustment for length in the legs and I didn't like the thumbscrew tension design. I still had my EDM M-60 bi-pod, so I decided to splice the two.

First step was to cut off the reinforcing webbing on the M-60 bi-pod with a dremel, then machine the leg in a lathe to fit within the RND bi-pod and stop at a shoulder. The M-60 leg will be held in place by a set screw (tension knobs still shown in pics) and I'll probably use the Loctite cylinder adhesive for good measure. The larger feet also provide a much stable platform and don't bury as easy out here in the desert. I am planning on installing a secondary spring inside the leg for tension on the leg deployment sleeve, so if the exterior spring fails I'll have the backup spring internal.

Thoughts?

DSC04464.JPG

DSC044681.JPG

DSC044691.JPG

DSC044722.JPG

Re: RND 100 Bi-Pod meets the EDM Bi-Pod......Pics

I did something very similar. I have the RND bipod as well. I had the problem of having the bipod legs chattering on me during recoil. So I took out the bottom half of the legs like you did but I made my own new set of bottom legs. The upper legs have a little too much slop in my oppinion. So I think I am going to make a whole new bipod setup. Maybe like the one I just made for my 338.

Check out the link below.

338 lapua bipod