• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Roedale... delivery issues....

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
I was looking to a different bipod for my AWSM, I've seen in the Roedale webshop a RAPTOR bipod..... with the diciture 8 AVAILABLE... ( same things like my friend Pinco Palla ).. so I placed my order for bipod, mirage band and mount for mirage band

total order 489.50 euro's... order date 7 june 2010

the money was immediately take from my credit card.

I've seen that bipod was AVAILABLE .. 8 UNITS when I ordered it.... so I wrote an email to ask about delivery..

same day this was the response email..

<span style="color: #FF0000">[color:#FF0000]Hi Davide,
usual shipping is 6-8 weeks, faster if we can,
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
Geoff de Lacy Marshall
</span>
so I realize that bipod was not available.... not good manners to dial with customers... now the word AVAILABLE... does't appear any more in ROEDALE webshop..

20 july I've asked for any news..

<span style="color: #FF0000">Just waiting on bipods finishing,

Geoff de Lacy Marshall[color:#FF0000]</span>[/color]

3 august I wrote this email

Hello....

8 week it seem to be expired.... do you have any news ?

<span style="color: #FF0000">We where closed for staff vacation, hence the over run on time.
Bipods arrived today, and will ship tommorow.

Pete</span>

I asked for a track number... NO RESPONSE....
I wrote an email similar to this topic.. NO RESPONSE....
I wrote to advise ROEDALE that my next step will be.... open a dispute to have back my money..and to advise other people how ROEDALE make business....

until today no RESPONSE from ROEDALE... no items arrived.....

Re: Roedale... never again....

one year ago,same problems with RCS stock...i waited 110 days for a stock aviable in 3-4 weeks...no mail from him....but fortunately arrived... Hold on
laugh.gif

Davide, mi dispiace to hear about your misfortune

Im sure that If you give it a little bit of time, your items will arrive and you might feel a little better.

It does annoy you tho, when you think you will receive something promptly.

Time is money for everybody....

I can understand if...

this is the RAPTOR bipod... to assembly it we need 8 weeks..but you have to pay in advance...

so I can decide.... if I've time to wait or to choose an other bipod....

also if ROEDALE says...... bipod arrived today..I'll ship tomorrow... on 3 th of august....

today is 12 of august..... I live in Italy not in the center of Africa...

no track number.. nothing...

as minimum if the bipod was in the roedale hands the 3/4 of august...... with a ups next day or similar the bipod should be in my hands few days ago......

so... what I've to think..

I'll advise people there and on other worlwide forum......

i think that the most annoying thing is send mail without reponse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you are just two weeks over the stated shipping time?

Wow...you must have patience. </div></div>

patience....no, no.....

After the 15th ( holiday in Italy) of august I'll call VISA to have my money back.....

"I wrote to advise ROEDALE that my next step will be.... open a dispute to have back my money..and to advise other people how ROEDALE make business...."

That is the part I would stop answering mails, too.

You have the right to cancel your order, and get your money back, it's as simple as that. Instead, you threaten Roedale to make this public and open a dispute.

You probably saw 11 bipods "available" and thought that means "in stock". The 6-8 weeks shipping time is for the bipod regardless of available numbers. So you bought one under wrong assumptions.

But you did not cancel the order, you just wrote mails and posts such thread on the hide for what reason?

Did you call Pete/Geoff?

You may or may not be ware of this thread. Lot's of whining, bashing, genuine complaints as well as explanations by Pete and a fairly good rant of his own ;):

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976840&page=1

Keep in mind I've never done business with Pete, but from my communications with him seems like a reasonable (if not <span style="font-weight: bold">very </span>busy) guy. After all, he likes Tikkas! What more could you ask for?
grin.gif

The biggest issue I see in all this is charging credit cards or getting peoples money up front for a build. If I was a customer, I'd be a LOT more patient if someone didn't have my money tied up. Deposit, that's one thing. Pay in full? Or charge a credit card for something that hasn't shipped or at least processed? That would not go well with me.

John

OK.... after I've understood that I bought a bipod with a wrong assumption.... wrong not for my fault....

cancel or not cancel.. at this point only because I was able to shoot my AWSM with other bipod I've decided to wait.

but..... I don't like that somebody play with my ass..... in ITALY we say.. " essere preso per il culo "

if ROEDALE wrote an email to me...... tomorrow I'll ship your bipod..... with no more replay, track number ecc ecc..... for me is:

" essere presi per il culo " culo = ass

I wrote there to advise other guys like me..... to pay attention

Davide,patience.Pete is a very busy man.He and the company are very straight forward.I am sure you will get your package before long.
Remember they are a company that deals with people from all over the world.
Flaming them on a open forum was not the best buisness sense.Personally i would credit the money back to your credit card and tell you to take your buisness somewhere else....

I have done business with Pete, he is a stand up guy and has always made good on his word. I will say things can be a little slow from time to time, However you are ordering from a different country and this always takes longer. I usually try to contact the vendor first to see if the product is really in stock.... So before you start jumping around all pissed off and threatening to slam his business on the internet RELAX !

My advise to you sir is never order a custom made scope or rifle the wait will kill yeah.

you right.... I wrote several emails to roedale...

about my decision to share on a pubblic forum... I think you are also right.. but if you are a correct person you to do the things in correct manners...... if you are not able to do what you declare you have to change your business ( not you, in this case roedale )

If the guy is very busy is not my problem..

For my hobbies I've spent a lot of money, rifle, equipments ecc ecc.....

I'm a very good buyer.... so Roedale has loose a great opportunity.... because today about 500 euro's for a bipod tomorrow an expensive rifle...

sure.....

But.....if you write ( in this case roedale ) tomorrow I'll ship you bipod... my expectation is.... to find a new mail with a track number....

the true is that the bipod is not ready.....

To me

AVAILABLE means that the item is in stock ready for shipping.

ON BACK ORDER means that it may take 6-8 weeks before shipping.

Maybe I have the wrong idea of what these words mean.

It just goes to show that even when things look simple there is always a way to make a mess out of it.

I hope things work out well for you and there is no problem with it when it does arrive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can't even wait 10 weeks for an "8 week" piece, you'd be better off never ordering a custom rifle, just saying... </div></div>

+1

davide, I'm in the middle of a project with Pete and, whilst not dissing your opinion, he has always been open and I've never had any problems in contacting him to discuss any issues.

Stick with him, he is a good guy and even the biggest operations sometimes have stock shortages.

fact is this is not the first complaint about Roedale for being slow and a lack of communication. Pete himself admits there has been a problem due to overwhelming demand and he claims to be trying fix it but it is a long process. Time is something everyone values and some are more willing to give than others. Bashing a company on an open forum for being slow is not usually the best course of action especially in the case of Roedale...consider a few things...YES they may lack some communication...YES they may be slow with product delivery..BUT>>> I have NOT heard ONE PERSON SAY THEY DID NOT GET WHAT THEY ORDERED and they DO make some damn nice products and are constantly making new gear...just food for thought

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rnd1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me

Maybe I have the wrong idea of what these words mean.

It just goes to show that even when things look simple there is always a way to make a mess out of it.

I hope things work out well for you and there is no problem with it when it does arrive. </div></div>

+1........ nothing more to say..

I've been looking at the Roedale site for some months now while I wait for permits etc before placing an order and I don't recall ever seeing products listed with a quantity in stock, only ever Shipping Time: XYZ weeks.

I don't mean to offend but your English isn't 100% so is it possible you've misunderstood somewhere along the line?

I am absolutely sick to goddam death of people shouting thier mouths off about delivery times instead of reading what they are told. It is impossible to molycoddle customers to an extent that an update is given daily and trying to micro manage the ordering process from the customers point of view is just wating valuable time.

The simple fact of the matter is it comes down to trust. If you don't trust us, don't buy from us. I can give my personal assurance that I am my staff do everything that is humanly possible to ensure delivery is made on time.

Whilst I am sorry that you haven't recieved your bipod within the 6-8 weeks time frame we are only 2 weeks past it, and the time is only a guide and is based on the time to ship withing Germany. It is impossible for us to state approximate shipping times to every country around the globe.

So lets just get things in context.

your order was made and the stated 8weeks delivery where expired on 2nd August.
you where informed that staff vacation at the finishing plant and at Roedale would cause a slight delay.

yet a little over a week later you are slandering my name and company across the internet.

IF IT SAYS 6 TO 8 WEEKS. THEN EXPECT 6 TO 8 WEEKS FROM ORDER PAYMENT TO SHIPPING COMMENCING AS A GUIDE TO THE MINIMUM TIME IT MAY TAKE; IF IT ARRIVES BEFORE THEN; SMILE AND BE HAPPY: IF IT DOESNT THEN DONT FRET; THERE IS LIKELY A GOOD REASON. A POLITE REQUEST FOR INFORMATION WOULD SURELY BE ANSWERED: YOU HAVE NOT REQUESTED TRACKING DETAILS AND HAVE NOT CONTACTED US SINCE WE INFORMED YOU BIPOD WOULD BE SHIPPED.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?

the number of items in stock may say 8. it does that because 8 are in stock on shelf, or are in the supply chain due on shelf within a certain time frame.
What you are buying is a custom made bipod, that is manufactured in small batches,exclusively by us and not available anyhwere else, not some mass produce junk made in china.

the number in stock should not be taken with the assumption that 8 are in stock, hence one will be shipped tommorow. it is simply a unit for calculation the amount on shelf and the system gives us a warning when the amount get down to 5 so we know to start production on the next batch.
These bipods are made in batches of 10 and are made so that the 6-8 weeks delivery time is 99% of the time correct.
it says 6-8 weeks approximate delivery time for a very good reason.

However, unfortunately the whole of Germany seems to shut down for 3 weeks hoilday in the summer. and we where waiting on small parts back from the TiAIN coating plant and they where on 3 weeks holiday. closed down. shut. no one home. added to that my staff also took vacation.hence a delay of approximately 2 weeks ensued.
It maybe that under such circumstances we run just a little over the time. and you where informed of this absolutely 100%

June 7th. order made at 10.45 hrs.
June 7th. 11.18 hrs. customer asking when bipod can be shipped.
June 9th. 18.48hrs. Customer informed that usual shipping time is 6-8weeks, faster if we can.
July 20th- 14.39hrs Customer asks if we have any news.
July 20th- 16.17 hrs Customer informed that we are waiting on bipods in finishing
July 20th- 18.55 hrs. Customer asks if we have an approximate date for shipping.
20th July was last day at work for my staff hence the message from 18.55 was not seen until August 4th.,There was however a note posted on the webshop stating this fact.
August 4th. 00.14 hrs. Customer informed that we where on staff vacation, hence the over run on time. that bipods have arrived that day and we would likely ship later that day.

Due to just comming back of vacation, the amount of orders needing processing meant that not all orders where shipped out in the courier pick up that day. As i'm sure one can appreciate, vacation time lost work needs to be caught up on.
Bipod and other parts of order shipped and a tracking number will be sent out just as soon as Geoff gets around to updating the system with the mountain of paper postage slips.But please bare in mind that this is 3 weeks worth of orders, thats hundreds of packages and it may take at least a week to get caught up on that chore.

I do not understand this rant as the customer has been informed at every step of the way..

what gives?

all I can assertain is that you are bitching bease we haven't sent you a tracking number yet.

Am i correct in that assumption ??

Updating orders post shipping with tracking numbers takes time immediately after a vacation period.
We do not simply wave a magic wand and it is done, our priority at the moment and always is getting orders out and applying for export permits and customs permits and getting the packages out to the custoemrs asap.
Tracking number updates are done as courtesy to the customer will be done as and when we get the chance.I much prefer to get 50 orders out on time, then get 50 tracking numbers sent out fast.

Geoff is busy doing the export permits and answering the phone and will get around to it as soon as possible. Chances are that the package will arrive before the number gets typed into the machine 99% of the time.
if Geoff he hasn't got the trackind details updated by the weekend then i will make an effort finish it off at the weekend and ensure than no one is upset by not having thier tracking number.

Credit Card Up Front Payments:

As far as payment for orders goes.
when paying by credit card the banking system used by all german bank based credit card acceptance software used in conjunction with webshops books the payment straight away.

The credit card company actualy pay us 6 weeks later.

The customer has the option to pay by card.
The customer has the option to pay by money order ( bank transfer)
The customer has the option to collect in person and pay cash.

I realy do not see that this small issue with a slightly over due shipment, to a customer who was completely informed along the way as far as could be done is a matter for a public rant of this type. I do not understand what one expects to gain by this.

It is bad manners and childish in my book.

Whilst we make every effort to keep customers informed through the webshop system and to answer emails.
We will not start answering every single twice daily email requesting an update. We do not have the time for that.Updates are done as soon as possible when status is changed and items are shipped.

Please be assured that Items ordered will be delievered as far as is humanly possible within the approximate time frame stated.But the time frame is a guid and not set in stone.

Please take note that our items are by and large high quality localy manufactured items, or items that we buy in form suppliers. It may occasionaly come to over due delivery when a large order happens or a supplier delivers a little late. Suppliers delivering late cocks up the whole system sometimes as we base the delivery time on thier given-stated delivery time to us. ( This has been the biggest problem with our RCS stocks from the word go, due to never bieng able to get enough AI side pannels, but thats another story, soon to be rectified by own pannels)

It may also come to overdue delivery during staff vacations and christmas time etc, in cases of illness or when one of the companies we rely on to carry out some of the machining or coating work for us also shuts down for vacation or christmas, easter etc.

Quality is however worth waiting for, and always, without fail we deliver and thousands of customers can attest to that I am sure.

And always, without fail. if a time frame has been stretched, you can bet that some small gift is included in the package as a thanks for your patience and that we have done our best to keep you informed along the way.

So. can you please inform me what we did to deserve the starting of this thread and the damage to my business it will no doubt cause ?

thankyou.. Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apsilon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking at the Roedale site for some months now while I wait for permits etc before placing an order and I don't recall ever seeing products listed with a quantity in stock, only ever Shipping Time: XYZ weeks.

I don't mean to offend but your English isn't 100% so is it possible you've misunderstood somewhere along the line?
</div></div>

You right my English isn't 100%...... but to order a bipod that seem to be available is enough

as one guy wrote :

Hi Pete ,

davide & me bought two of your bipods because we trusted you and we liked your design , as you know we pay immediatly big bucks for them , we can obviously understand that your bipods are custom made , that during the summer season all the companies in Germany as in Italy are closed for vacation , at the same time I think we have had a good amount of patience waiting for our bipods .

Stated that , you know you wrote to me last Aug. 09th h.07.59 saying the bipod'd leave in two days , after few days I wrote to you a couple of emails asking for the tracking number , as today Aug. 13th I did not get it from you yet.

No problem about that , we can wait , but please try to understand also our point of view , we knew german people to be punctual as a top notch Swiss watch , that's why Davide was upset thinking to be joked from your not so punctual statements/replies .

We hope to get your bipods soon to be able to T&E them , if we will be satisfied we'll order some more ,

PP out

Pete I wrote you several emails..... after my last one.

ok.... August 4th. 00.14 hrs. Customer informed that we where on staff vacation, hence the over run on time. that bipods have arrived that day and we would likely ship later that day.

I would like to know something about later that day.... today is 13th of August....

I think that " However, unfortunately the whole of Germany seems to shut down for 3 weeks hoilday in the summer "

is not an event like a tsunami...... but schedulable..

so after this in Germany...... you say that " Unfortunately due to just comming back of vacation, the amount of orders needing processing meant that not all orders where shipped out in the courier pick up that day "

I'm imagining hundred and hundred of order.....mmmmmmmmmm

finally you have my items ready to ship ?

have you already shipped ?

if yes do you have a track number ?

if you are not able to answer these questions I'll cancel the order and somebody will be very luky because you have a raptor bipod ready to ship.....

No.No No

you guys are bieng absolutely unrealistic, over the top and your expectations are absolutely out of line.

do you think we wave a magic wand and things just happen ?

available is available for shipping within the approximate shipping time stated. not next day, not yesterday. but within the approximate time stated.

back ordered means we have run out, sold out and are not sure when we will have them available again, but will update the system when we know. in this case the system will not accept orders.

I will have Tom update the info in the webshop to make sure even the customers with the worst grasp of English are able to understand exactly what is meant, because its obviouse that some folk are mis interpreting what is meant.

Both your orders have shipped. Geoff will update with tracking numbers when he has finished doing more important tasks. I'll make sure to remind him to get your order numbers updated with tracking details as a priority.

regards Pete

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No.

available is available for shipping within the approximate shipping time stated.

back ordered means we have run out, sold out and are not sure when we will have them available again, but will update the system when we know. in this case the system will not accept orders.

I will have Tom update the info in the webshop to make sure even the customers with the worst grasp of English are able to understand exactly what is meant, because its obviouse that some folk are mis interpreting what is meant.

Pete </div></div>

Ok do it for people like me... but this is another story....

the bipod was ready to ship the last 4.... today is 13...
I leave in Italy you in Germany.....
1 day with UPS or similar is an acceptable time...

Have you shipped the bipod ?

If NO

I'll cancel the order.

OK ?

bipod parts returned from TiAIN coating on 4th,
they needed oiling, assembling, allocating, packaging and moving to outgoing. then they are ready to ship.
we get 2 courier pick up per week, tuedays and fridays.

its unrealistic to expect 1 day shipping to Italy from Germany,.
I'm sure it can be done, but it would cost.
standard rate shipping is what we offer and its about a week to 10 days anywhere in Europe.

It seems obviouse to me that you've failed to understand some key points, I will endevour to get more information onto the webshop to avoid this happening in the future, but you could write a book for every eventuality.

Definately the shipping times are a guide for time from order to the package going into shipping, i.e been handed over to the courier or the post.
tike in postage between destinations needs to be added, as do and bank holidays, vacation periods, volcano eruptions, customs time etc etc etc.

Let me know. vial email in the webshop support system that you recieve the package ok,

this is not, and never has been a matter that realy warrants a public airing.
what annoys me is 1 customer unhappy and 3000 happy and its always the 1 who is unhappy that shouts the loudest,

comes with the territory maybe.. or maybe not.

Pete

davide - sorry to say but your last two posts should be done in private between you and Pete - this is not appropiate for an open forum.

The impression you are giving (to a casual observer) is that you now seem intent on openly damaging Pete's reputation and business for no better reason other than your own personal satisfaction or to benefit your own agenda.

In some places that would leave you open to possible legal action.

Being involved in manufacturing I can tell you that July and August are ALWAYS a nightmare in any manufacturing industry in Europe and, far from being "schedulable", who gets what before the exodus is very often down to little else other than luck.

Italy is as badly affected as anywhere else and, in my experience, sometimes worse than others.

As Pete has said, this is a simple and easily explainable delay.

Take your issues with Pete to a PM or phone call

Google for Joe Girard (an american car salesman). His point of view is pretty simple:

1 happy customer will recommend the business to another one, those 2 will tell it to 2 others friends (now 4 people), then 8, 16, 32...

1 UNhappy customer will tell 10 people to stay away from the shop, so those 11 will talk bad about the business to 10 guys each, those 110 will inform a total of 1100...110.000.

So one unhappy customer can ruin a small company. but one happy customer won't make this business rich either.

And Pete is one of the good guys being constantly under fire by those few unhappy customers that reach more people to talk about their bad experience, for instance with this thread or the zillions of Pete bashings going on, as soon as someone mentions Roedale or Pete Lincoln.

It strikes me that there is clearly a market out there for custom high-end products from proven manufacturers. However, unlike making a tailored suit what is being supplied here requires the input of a high number of downstream suppliers who are far removed from the end customer plus there is the need to neogiate cross-border import/export regulations introduced to limit the transfer of products into the wrong hands much to the detriment of the rest of us.

If you want off the shelf go to the likes of Remington or Midway. If you want custom then the manufacturer and customer need to work together to produce a beautiful outcome.

Small businesses are being killed out there every day and those in our field of interest need to be encouraged and supported or long-term we are the ones who will suffer as the mega-brands take over, our options decrease & so probably does the quality of workmanship.

We all share a passion here so let's try to move on. I myself have learnt that there is mileage to be had in an open, honest and frank discussion at the time of ordering if you are ordering bespoke.

As George Bernhard Shaw once wrote “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”

There, the world is righted and I can now get down the range...

I'm actualy sick to death of bieng the guy who is abused for the failing of the supply chain within the firearms industry. it doesn't matter which part of a fire arm or accessory is late, Its always "Pete's Fault". bullshit I work my balls off in an industry that is renowned for shoddy delivery and 99% or the time have little to no influence over exactly how long something takes to arrive.

That however has nothing to do with our own products, which without exception are our attemt to beat this problem of slow or no delivery. Fat lot of thanks I get for providing an alternative.

I realy wonder how long it would take to get a bipod out of the USA to Italy. if one did it legaly that is, with export permits, brokers, shipping companies and customs.
my guess is you'd be lucky to have it under the christmas tree.

What realy realy riles me, i mean it realy bugs me. is some one who orders an item, knows damn well that its got a delivery time of X weeks, but even on the same day or very next day they are asking when will it be sent. and not many days later the asking turns to moaning and one thing I could never stand was wingers. and another thing I cannot stand is impoliteness.
I know, I know the customer is always right, etc etc.
But it is not uncommon for us to recieve an order, with lets say 6 weeks delivery time, and a week after order recieve an email to the tune of " hey you wankers, wheres my kit"

Like I said before. the expected shipping time is from order to us shipping, and it is noted as a guide line for a reason. It may go faster, it may go slower.

Irrelevant, and back to the facts.

bipods where manufactured on time.
Like Basraboy mentions, when a place is closing down for summer break, its the luck of the draw what packages go out before the door shuts. Unfortunately parts of our bipod are TiAIN coated and where stuck in the plant for 3 weeks.
Luck of the draw, the anodising plant closed down, but we got all our RH50 bipod parts back before they closed, hence ive 30+ bipods sitting nicely on shelf.

bipods in question shipped 06.08.10 . 4 days after 8 weeks. Communication was intact from start to finish.
I don't think thats bad going, considering the TiAIN delay.
I certainly don't think it warrants such an attack on my charachter.

we are just a bit busy catching up with processing the postage slips, but I will make an effort to get all that done this weekend at latest. Like I mentioned in another thread, we need more staff, but that doesn't happen over night.
Untill then a little patience would be kindly recieved. I guess however that patience is a virtue that some don't possess much of..

rgds Pete

I purchased one item from Pete. It was late in shipping but under the circustances at the time I would have expected it to be much later than when received. Pete went far and above to explain the situation and keep everyone up to date as what was going to happen and when. There was no way I would have expected him to take time away from his family to keep us informed of delivery information....but he did. Other than a slight delay in customs (completely out of Pete's control) it arrived on-time (or possibly ahead of schedule if not hung up in customs). The product was better than anticipated and well worth the time it took to receive it. I would definately purchase from Pete again in the future as my dealings have been nothing but excellent.

Pete, maybe advertise 8 to 10 weeks for delivery then deliver in the 6 to 8
wink.gif

Take Care
Pat

Pete..... If I was you i would just give this muppet his money back.... Someone else will buy the bibod and love it.. And maybe they will not scream and cry like a little school girl.

davide you are acting like a spooled little brat, We all have to wait for good quality and thats just a fact of life. If you were so concerned about getting your bipod faster the 6-8 weeks ESTIMATED wait time should have given you a clue.

Whats more your posts here are unnecessary. I am sure you have a telephone, so why not try to call Pete and speak with him one on one.

I am not trying to get in the middle of this I just hate seeing this shit aired out in such a public forum... I could understand you being upset if pete took your money and ran but that has not happened yet.

Again I have done business with pete a few times and its always worked out fine.... Sure it takes a little longer to get stuff from Germany to the US but the wait has ALWAYS been worth it.

Guys ,

here nobody want to ruin Pete's business , you may believe it or not but we also know the meaning of the word "patience" , to get my Chandler #237 I waited for more than 27 months without problems , Pete is very busy and this is very good for him , he produces good stuff and this is a great credit for him , I only want to state that he made a mistake writing "available" in his website .

The meaning of the word "available" ( http://ardictionary.com/Available/10914 ) is "ready" , "prompt to be shipped out" , that was what Davide understood and me too.

Otherwise what means the statement : "avaliable-4/8 weeks delivery" ???

If the item is available it must be delivered immediatly , if it needs 4/8 weeks to be delivered means that it is not available , is not that simple ?

However , I'm sure we will be satisfied with Pete's bipods and he'll get many more orders soon ,

Best ,
PP out

Pinco Palla.
no i wont accept that.

I will not have your misunderstanding of the writen word be passed off as my mistake.
Several thousand other customers have understood perfectly what is meant.
If it was unclear then questions should have been asked prior to ordering.
Questions where asked after ordering and we stated 6 to 8 weeks is the delivery time. faster if we can.
updates where made and customer informed in a timely manner.
exept for tracking details.

Shipping Time: 6-8 weeks means just that.
Available: 8 Pieces

8 items are either in production, on shelf or somewhere in between and will be available for shipping out in around 6-8 weeks.

now if we had to make the whole thing idiot proof we would have to write a different guide for every country in the world, every island belonging to every country in the world and complying to every export restriction and regulation in the world.
Forget it.. we will add some words to make it absolutely clear what we mean. Tom will take care of that when he gets back from his holiday in Spain.

What you simply have to understand is that we are a small company, with 5 staff, not all full time.

We do not have a massive warehouse full of kit, we produce batches of our items in a rolling routine. Most of it is usualy available in a fairly reasonable time frame.
But large orders from other dealers will deplete what stock we have, hence the shipping time is a rough guide to the time it takes to get into the next production cycle if we get a stampede on anything, and yes we sold out of bipods and yes a wait ensued, but if it hadnt been for the close down of the coating plant, then the bipods would have shipped about 3 weeks early. Now would anyone have come on here and sang my praises for delivering 3 weeks early, like hell they would.

Mouthing off on a forum in the way this thread was started is a direct attempt at damaging a business, and I for one have an apointment with my solicitor on monday morning to figure out what to do about such outbursts. It is my livelyhood that you guys are playing with and you have no idea what damage you can do to a small company.

Some folk would be better advised firstly ask questions before ordering. understand what is bieng told to them, and think before mouthing off.

We do our absolute best to keep shipping times shorter than the advertised guide,. it is usualy possible on our own kit.
Its hit and miss with kit by other manufacturers because we rely on them to deliver on time and base our time frame on thier schedule, if thier schedule changes after we recieve an order for thier kit, then invarably delays occur.
This happens all the blasted time with the RCS stocks because we simply cannot get enough AI side pannels to keep up with demand.hence our own.
So where there are bottle knecks and shortfalls we are addressing it and working hard for the benefit of all our customers to ensure that we are in a possition to deliver excellently designed and manufactured items in a timely manner.

regards Pete

Edith: Pete said it in his own words a tad faster.

Threads like this diminish his reputation, causing customers to stay clear of Roedale and therefore result in monetary loss in the long run.

If "nobody wants to ruin Petes business", why start this bashing in the first place?

Even if you guys misunderstood the "available" number, davide was given a shipping time. You can't tell me he still thought it would be shipped immediately.

Go get um Pete.....

I would not sit back and watch my business be attacked.. I wish you all the luck in the world Pete... Remember a lot of us are very happy with your products, Keep up the good work.

Well, I think its a bloody cheek that Pete & his staff get too go away for 2 weeks a year with the family......should be chained to that lathe of his and made to graft away 24/7 - 365 no matter what, hell, dont even let him stop for lunch !! ;0)

With all this Pete - Roedale bashing of late, I'll state that my own personal dealing with Pete have been straight down the line, Ive found Pete to be a stand up guy, hes kept me in
loop all the way through our project build whilst all the time running the business, developing new products and trying to keep us all happy.

Once my build is complete, I'll use Pete again, without a worry, knowing that I'll get great service as I have this time.

Keep up the good work Pete and dont let em grind ya down. Roedale Precision, 100% GTG.

Pete and I have hit a snag on a recent scope order, and it was completely out of his control (manufacture pushing back release dates), and he has bent over backwards to help me out. Pete even went so far as to offer to send me a loaner scope until mine ships. Nobody does that these days, it speaks volumes of his business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ukdave28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go get um Pete.....

I would not sit back and watch my business be attacked.. I wish you all the luck in the world Pete... Remember a lot of us are very happy with your products, Keep up the good work. </div></div>

Actually,the Italians are even more "Lawsuit Happy" than the Americans believe it or not.A slander lawsuit in Italy is big trouble and with one big,happy EU nation.........

Me to has done some great business with Pete in the past and i will be doing so in the future. He is a great guy, very honest and works his ass off.

Cheers Pete and i will becoming by soon again.

As mentioned earlier, I have done little buisness with Pete.
If I where in his shoes, I would seriously consider being a part of this forum. No mater how much he fights for his rep, there is allways another one to start a fight, especially because Pete is such an active forum member, they know that he can't let it go by. That is really sad, to get someones attetion like this.
I seem to remember Lowlight put an end to the Tac Ops badmouthing here!!!
Pete more than once had to fight for his rep. here!!!

well ive updated all the tracking numbers on packages that shipped over the last 2 weeks, more going tommorow. my missus agreed to do a post run tonight and another tommorow, cos if we wait till tuesday the out shelf will over flow,.

I shipped a package tonight within 90 minutes of order. thats order made to the package slip bieng handed back to my wife at the Deutsche Post sort office desk in less than 90 minutes. its going to Romania to a hopefully happy customer.

We do our level best and more to ensure that orders are out asap.

it is however not always possible.

its not so bad with our own kit, ive got that more or less under control, apart form silly holiday season and maybe machine breakage in any of the factories that support us. otherwise it works. If we get a large order sometimes we are sold out, that happens with bread and milk at the supermarket, it happens with gun parts, with a little patience its no drama.

what doesn't work so well in some instances is the importing.
be it mounts from Sweden and US, triggers and stocks from the US or plastic parts from the UK.
But as with the rifle building side of the business, we are working on providing own design and manufactured parts, localy manufactured parts and EU manufactured parts to over come the shortfalls.

Show me any European firearms company of any size thats achieved as much in the last 24months and i'll buy you beer and bratwurst for 1 month.
If you consider the crap we've been through during that time, and then consider how far we've come since day 1, well I guess you'd agree, ive every justifiable reason to be damn proud.

I've earned a little more respect than some give,

but I am also humbled by the support of some of you guys and that is what makes this oh so difficult job worth every bead of sweat, every drop of blood and every hour spent at one of the machines or at the design table.
Support us supporting you and we are going far together,

Arte et Marte

Pete

Thanks for the great effort that you and your team put forth... Your products and dedication are truly valued by some....

Take care mate.... Cheers

Dave

Good luck with the solicitor Pete.

Nobody needs the sort of shit that davide seems so keen on.

The word "vendetta" comes to mind.

He may have pockets deep enough for a custom bipod - wonder if he can afford a loss of earnings/damage to rep lawsuit too?

It is a shame that the moderators allowed this to go on so long without having a quiet word in his ear to tale this somewhere private........

Basraboy. Ive no intention of filing a law suit against any of my customers but. I realy do not grasp what is wrong with the mentality of some folk these days.

After email and pm-ing the couple of italian guys back and forth, it becomes absolutely obviouse that they simply did not understand what they where bieng told and are some how incapable of accepting that they got the wrong end of the stick, and perhaps should have read the terms and conditions and asked a question or two before making assumptions and ordering.
If they had asked, how long does it take for you to ship a bipod.
they would have been told 6-8 weeks, if it stretches through vacation period, maybe a few days longer, of we can do it sooner we certainly will.

which is exactly what they where told afer ordering, but it didn't suit with thier mind set. Then because they didn't hear from us for a few days ( if they had checked the site, they would have seen the vacation notification that orders where bieng processed, but support i.e. was limited) they would have been in the know.
hence the paranioa of " oh ive been ripped off" . well no disrespect to anyone Italian, but Ive worked with teams of Italians at the European Space Agency for 8 years, and paranoia is part of thier way of life. They invented the saying, " Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean thy aren't out to get you".
All us Europeans have our own charachteristic national ways. We hear jokes about the German 6am towel laying tourists, the young brits drinking all night and laying in the sun all day. etc etc.,

Its just unfortunate that this paranoia spilled over in to an apparent attemt to slag me off on a forum. totaly un called for, but shit happens.
They got the wrong end of the stick and reacted beyond all proportion. Anyone who knows how we operate and anything about the firearms business in general knows exatcly what i mean by that.

but what I want to know from the solicitor is what can be done about such outrageouse behavior when it is actualy an organised and orchestrated attempt to damage ones charachter and business.

believe me, not everyone is your friend, and this type of,, industrial warfare,, for want of a better word, is commonly practiced in many fields to discredit the competition and steal the share of the market.
No business in any industry is 100% reliable in 100% of the time in every deal, contract or exchange. shit happens, people screw up and machines break and it is impossible to keep 100% of all customers happy 100% of the time, irrelevant of the steps one take to attempt that. It comes down to individual charachters and if everything in life was so harmoniouse there would be no divorces, no murders and no crime. There are however unfortunately some folk about who are quite simply impossible to please ( i was married to one once)
It is when certain differences between a customer and a retailer or tradesman are used as ammunition to fuel a hate campaign that the problems start.
Ive been on the recieving end before. Internet mobbing is rife in all walks of life, from school kids chat forums to car enthusiasts forums, hunting and firearms forums. I do not want to be on the recieving end again, and if I catch wind of any such thing I will certainly take legal steps. My legal expenses insurance covers such cases, it also covers patent and trademark-copyright infringement to ive no worries on a how do i pay the lawyer front.

Lowlight posted the fact that he will not tollerate such behavior on Snipershide and I applaud him for that. He does not however have the time to moderate this hugely successfull and excellent forum.

Internet mudslinging matches are far less common on the US forums than the European ones, I ask my self why, but haven't found the answer yet.
I think it is up to the individual to show common courtesy and respect.
You would not find me starting a thread entitled " Supplier X, never again" although I have more than enough reason and a hell of a lot more gripes about late delivery than 3 days past the quoted time frame.
I wouldn't do it, I don't expect it to be done to me, certain rules of conduct throughout ones life are a good and valuable thing to have, and i find it a shame that not every induvidual possesses such a thing.

I have now spent far to much time on this thread and the subject, i will have to work late again, as yesterday to make up the lost time, but having my say has always been importantb to me. once again. thankyou for your support.

regards Pete

Just like the US to have to settle a little friendly dispute between some Germans and Italians.......where have I seen this before........I can see chiller air dropping in to Anzio right now with his ban hammer strapped to his leg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like the US to have to settle a little friendly dispute between some Germans and Italians.......where have I seen this before........I can see chiller air dropping in to Anzio right now with his ban hammer strapped to his leg. </div></div>

2zdydl3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like the US to have to settle a little friendly dispute between some Germans and Italians.......where have I seen this before........I can see chiller air dropping in to Anzio right now with his ban hammer strapped to his leg.</div></div>

HasGun,,,

That was good. Very good. I owe you a drink for that one.
smile.gif

Pete,

Let the nay-sayers be the shite that rolls off a ducks back, (or something like that) and you just keep on keeping on. Progressively and productively. Place the focus on your customers that are happy with your work. Those benefits will definitely outweigh these 'anchors'.
wink.gif