• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Roedale... delivery issues....

Re: Roedale... never again....

I would like to say that I made my comment on "In Stock-On Back Order" with only partial information from the OP. I did not know that your site said with 6-8 weeks delivery. With this additional information I don’t see any issue with the delayed shipping. I thought that it only said it was “In Stock”. If this item was always identified with a shipping schedule then my understanding of the whole situation was wrong.

I have placed orders with other sites and found out later that what they listed as “In Stock Ready to Ship” was not and then got hit with the news that I must wait 8-10 weeks for the item to ship.

I apologize for any trouble that my comment may have caused, I did not intend to stir things up.

It seems that this whole thing has gotten way out of hand and that is not good for anyone. We all get a little anxious when we put our hard earned money out there on the internet. In this high speed world when we have to wait for something we tend to worry if we have just got taken.

I have no doubt that this transaction will end with the customer getting a great quality product and hopefully becoming a repeat customer.
You both have done a stand-up job of getting your message out and I hope that this misunderstanding does no lasting harm.

Let’s let this thread die now before any real damage gets done.

Best regards to you all,

Hasgun, who you calling a German,.

I'm a YORKSHIREMAN !!

had to chuckle mind.

joking aside.

1.trigger happy moaning damages business.

2. many customers outside the USA see the kit that is available in the USA and how soon it is available and for what price.
We non US based dealers, manufacturers etc get labled as too expensive and to slow.(thats putting it nicely)
Without a thought bieng given to the comparative size of the US industry to that outside the US, the hurdles that have to be crossed and the increased overheads like shipping and customs charges and VAT.
I bieng one of the better known, high profile, even if smaller scale players in the European Firearms Industry am wide open to more than my fair share of the labeling.(bitching and name calling)
Many should stop and think about where would they go for the unique service if we didn't excist. That might create a little more patience and respect.

Happy Sunday guys.

Pete

Pete ,

I got your bipod , also I wrote a couple of emails in the past week without any reply , please check out your mail .

Thanks,
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hasgun, who you calling a German,.

I'm a YORKSHIREMAN !!

Pete</div></div>

My sincerest appologies, my friend. I wouldnt want to call anyone names.
wink.gif

A bit off-topic...

Hope your workshop/cellar hasn't been flooded. Not looking too good around your area...130 liter/m² in 24 hours, talking "Sinnflut"

Never experienced that much rain myself, otherwise my flat would be completely submerged.

HasGun.. no bother,. we are all saxons-.-anglosaxons just us island dwellers, especialy us Yorkshire folk (Gods Own Country) are a bit,, well..a bit more proud of our routes.. I can trace mine (documented) back to prior the English civil war, when my family owned hald of NE England. and all the way across the pond to your former President.

PincoPalla. no emails recieved. which addy are you using.. [email protected] is the right one

SurgPred-- we where lucky my friend.-. workshop floor looked like i just mopped it. some folk lost everything.- highest flood water since records began and the first time that a state of emergency has been called here since WWII !!
yep 130L per sq meter per 24 hours is a shit load or water-. for here at least.
High and Dry. Pete

Holidays, supplier delays, accurate descriptions of inventory and delivery timelines are all the responsibility of the vendor. As is managing customer expectations. Telling them their products will ship the next day and then get pissy when the customers ask for shipping details is just plain stupid. Then saying to the customer "either trust us or don't" is arrogant.

It seems that Roedale build good products but have little expertise in running a business and none in communicating with customers.

When customers are referred to as though they are an inconvenience that's not a businessman. That's a Prima Donna.

I'm grateful I can buy from US based vendors as on the whole they realize the customers have a choice and are glad for their business.

+1.......

I think Pinco Palla wrote an email to the same address ...... used in the past.

from Roedale web site

" Due to the popularity of our products we are very busy, the telephone rings constantly and does not give an engaged tone if already in use. Should you not get through, please send an email to: [email protected] with your questions.
Thank you for your understanding. Your Team Roedale."

I've also got my bipod ( thanks for baseball cap )...... the bipod rock solid... there is no possibility to friction it... as soon as I'll be a fire test I'll give you more info on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PincoPalla. no emails recieved. which addy are you using.. [email protected] is the right one </div></div>

Pete ,

wrote as usual to "[email protected]" , copy that about the address above .

PP out

<span style="font-style: italic"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holidays, supplier delays, accurate descriptions of inventory and delivery timelines are all the responsibility of the vendor. As is managing customer expectations. Telling them their products will ship the next day and then get pissy when the customers ask for shipping details is just plain stupid. Then saying to the customer "either trust us or don't" is arrogant. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">
1.Holiday dates are posted online.

2.upplier delays are beyond anyones control but the supplier
accurate description of inventory and time line is 100%.

3.customer saw 6-8 weeks delivery noted.

4.when he asked, he was told 6-8 weeks delivery, no one said next day.

5. customer are automaticaly updated with shipping info through the webshop system. this is occasionaly updated a few days late due to other tasks with higher priority.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I get pissy when some one tries to give me a roasting over an internet forum because they couldn't understand what was being told to them.
Now if they had started a post on here entitled " anyone heared from Roedale lately.. I'm waiting on a bipod and can't seem to contact them. like many many such posts about the whereabouts of many vendors-smiths who frequent the hide.
I am sure some one would have wrote back " they are on vacation at the mo, i'm sure you will hear from them when they get back"
All you have been well.

But to start a thread entitled "Roedale Never Again" is just plain insulting, its an attempt at damaging business and is simply not the done thing, especialy when you have been told shipping will be 6-8 weeks.
</span>

It seems that Roedale build good products but have little expertise in running a business and none in communicating with customers.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
You are right, we build some great stuff, But I never once claimed to be a businesman. But I don't work in a kindergarden either although it feels like it at times. Customer in this case was informed of every step, of delay due to summer vacation of coating plant / anodiser and the products shipped a couple of days later than the advertised average shipping time. </span>
<span style="font-style: italic">
When customers are referred to as though they are an inconvenience that's not a businessman. That's a Prima Donna</span>.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Well thats your take on some typing in an internet forum. you've no idea of the lengths I and my staff go to to try our very best to ensure customers are happy. but it is impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time.

and when certain customers act like Prima Donna, all because they fail to grasp whats bieng writen or said to them, several times over, its no wonder I get a little agrivated.
</span>

I'm grateful I can buy from US based vendors as on the whole they realize the customers have a choice and are glad for their business.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Well I'm glad for you, because for the rest of us outside the USA, getting US made products is a right royal pain in the arse.
And don't think for one minute that we aren't glad for our customers, we have taken and are still taking great steps, making great investments in designing and marketing products based on what our customers request. But I am telling you as a fact, that most of you guys in the USA have no idea at all what it is like working in the firearms industry outside of the USA.
From manufacturer through vendor to end customer you have a very simple chain.
outside the USA you have to add a broker or exporter, another shipping company, 2 sets of customs and excise and you wouldn't believe the added costs, timeframe and stress that can add to a purchase.</span> </div></div>

Got email from Maurizio, answered within 2 days. no other email recieved. Maurizio we must insist that purchases are made through the webshop, thats what the system is there for.

regards Pete

Just for the record Pete, regardless of what has been said in this thread I understand that even the most honest and hardworking business man will often come under fire and scrutiny from those with whom he does busines... It happens everywhere and just highlights the differences in peoples personality traits.

Im still going to do business with you as I have seen your products first hand and know that they are top quality.

I think this thread should be removed so it does not harm Roedale business in any way.

Just my 0.02 AUD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this thread should be removed so it does not harm Roedale business in any way.

Just my 0.02 AUD </div></div>

+1 on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this thread should be removed so it does not harm Roedale business in any way.

Just my 0.02 AUD </div></div>

+1 on this. </div></div>

Yup. It's time

i want one of the badass roedale brakes. is it safe to order it through the webshop?

You take the good with the bad. Once you start to hide things people cannot see what really went on or how things were sorted out. Responses to issues are one of THE best ways to tell how good a business is.

If I ordered available stock I would expect it to be ready to ship. If I saw delivery in X weeks I would ask before ordering.
OTOH, I always ring when ordering. Even OS. I have still been ripped off doing it this way but at least I get to talk to the person I am ordering from.

Re: Roedale... delivery issues

Due to the popularity of our products we are very busy, the telephone rings constantly and does not give an engaged tone if already in use. Should you not get through, please send an email to: [email protected] with your questions.

Davide. I don't quite understand why you keep quoting from our webshop ?? is there something you don't understand ?

Due to the popularity of our products we are very busy,

<span style="font-weight: bold">means: because we have some excellent quality, very popular products and we are developing even more, we are therefore very busy</span>

the telephone rings constantly and does not give an engaged tone if already in use.

<span style="font-weight: bold">means: that the telephone is always ringing, Geoff answers it, but when he is already on the phone, and some one else calls, they get a ring tone and not an engaged tone. That is simply the way the DSL system works. Geoff occasionaly has to use the toilet, makes a coffee, and is busy packaging orders, ordering stock, doing export permits etc, so occasionaly he doesn't grab the phone in time.
I am busy working on rifle builds and patent/copywrite applications, assembling parts, designing parts, running after suppliers, anodisers etc. so please dont be upset if you don't get through straight away </span>

Should you not get through, please send an email to: [email protected] with your questions.

<span style="font-weight: bold">that means, if you don't manage to get us on the phone, you should send an email to [email protected] and your enquiry will be dealt with by email</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">That means we appreciate the fact that you understand that we are very busy and don't get pissed off if you can't get through on the phone at the 1st attempt.</span>

Tyler.. no, its not safe, if you order one, all your friends will want one too !!
what size you want?
we have M18x1 M18x1.5 and 5/8x24 ready for phosphating. and as soon as my phosphating aparatus gets back from the repair shop (damn thing sprung a leek) with its brand new inner core, i'll be phosphating away. ( that should be tommorow, they where welding the core together today) there is a small batch due back from TiAIN / CrN coating,( which covers orders made to date) and We've some C22 in stainless, but otherwise we are sold out until the next batch roll of the machine. so the stated time for delivery on the webshop will be fairly accurate as it will take a week or two to get the next batch machined, blasted and phosphated or coated.
rgds Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Moore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want one of the badass roedale brakes. is it safe to order it through the webshop? </div></div>

Plenty Safe,it took a Looooong 2 weeks for me to get mine!!!

The Pictures don't do them Justice,very nice.
smile.gif

BTW,I lived in Italy for a year,nice people but Italians tend to get really emotional.

finally I got it..... but I've found a big issue...

I've used it on a bench... no problem because under recoil the bipod is free to move....

I've used it on the groung shooting with a little slope.. loading the bipod and the bipod fail every time..

2 videos.... I've opened the bipod but the bipod doesn't stay locked.. a little pressure from front to rear is enough to close a leg.... some thing if you shoot the rifle.

Tomorrow I'll show it to an expert gunsmith...

Roedale staff what do you think about it ?

Some of you guys , have no patience at all .

I think if you had the misfortune to be me , and waiting for some of the stuff I have ordered over the last few yrs , you would bloody EXPLODE .

Waiting on US made actions , still , its only been 2 yrs , when I ordered my AW , it took close to 18 mths , Opps .

And the REAL interesting thimg IS , I have Never been given a time estimate , because no one can tell me , or even guess , Opps .

You have to except smoe stuff takes time , some of it is out of spec contractors , some is new WOT laws/regs etc ,

Later Chris

Ok.....

your last replay doesn't match with my last..

the title of my topic was changed from roedale never again.... from roedale delivery issue......

now I've roedale BIPOD ISSUE.... it seem to be like an atlas before conversion to V8..

but the atlas fail occasionally under .338 recoil..... no problem now with version V8.

after first shoot in prone position the left leg of bipod fail to be steady, I was able to avoid the muzzle brake of my AWSM to hit the ground.... I put some sand bag under the barrel 2 more shots...... and the leg fails every time.

the pin of the bipod it seems to touch the buttonhole on the body not in the correct way.. probably the flaring is not deep enough....

I'm asking to the web... somebody has the same bipod ?
same issue ?

now the delivery issue.......is something bigger....

I'm asking also to roedale how many bipod like this have you sell ?
How many fire testing have you done ?

Davide.
A. I wonder why you again think that this is an issue for a public forum, we have recieved no contact from you on this matter what so ever. ?

B. I realy wonder how you managed to get the bipod to do that.
From hundreds of bipods not one has performed in that way.
The single and only failure that we have had is a TRG bipod dropped from a height directly onto the catch that attaches it to the rifle and the catch broke. The bipod was still functional, just a bit fiddly to remove. This was an operator error ( dropping a bipod from a helicopter does not come under the warranty) but we fixed it free of charge anyway. Not 1 single other failure.

The locking mechanism is exactly the same as a Sako TRG bipod, there are thousands of those bipods in circulation with no issues. We've hundreds of bipods in circulation and not 1 problem, Bipods are fully tested.

The only thing that can be causing that failure is:

1. User Manipulation, either you've overtightened the screw holding the leg to the cradle ( they are locktighted in place and shouldn't be altered, but with enough force and a big allen wrench you could likely over tighten it, just as you can overtighten cylinder head bolts) this is causing not enough clearance between the head of the axis bolt and head of the leg, thus the leg is to not be able to travel into its fully locked possition.

from studying your video I can see that the leg does not appear to be in the fully locked possition

2. the pins that locate the bipod possitions are driven in too far thus not allowing the bipod leg to fully locate. ( check if the legs use roll pins or solid pins. the original TRG and our older type legs used roll pins with no head, it is possible to get these pins in to far or not far enough. We changed the pins to solid pins with a head at some point with to ensure easy correct possitioning) from your post this could be the cause.

3. the spring has somehow weakened and is not forcing the leg into its locked possition.

4. There is a machining error in the length of the slot in which the axis bolt fits.

Whichever is the cause you need to return the bipod to us for inspection and should have definately let us know about the matter via email and arranged for a return. You should also know that we take any such "Quality Control" or design issues very very seriously. And do our utmost to ensure any problems are taken care of.

I have an exchange bipod packaged and ready to ship now within 5 minutes of reading your post. It will be on its way in the DHL main by mid day on priority shipping.

We stand 100% behind our products, all of which are guaranteed. This is the first issue we have had with any of this type of TRG Style bipod as i mentioned and I am looking forward to getting the bipod you have in the clips so i can fully investigate the matter further, and will post my findings.

I do however expect that there is a simple explination and that it will be one of points 1 through 3 above. most likely point 3. I doubt it will be point 4.

Send the bipod back. the replacement will be on its way shortly

Best Regards

Pete

Damn !
Those two videos are impressive , the bipod seems to collapse under a very small pressure , I did not shot mine yet but I'll next weekend , hopefully without those faults .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send the bipod back. the replacement will be on its way shortly </div></div>

This is what I call " a very good customer service " .

PP out

PP. please check your bipod.
Ive just checked all the bipods on shelf.
Ive one left that has roll pins rather than solid pins.
If the pin is driven too far in it may cause the leg not to fully locate.
Again. if you have a problem, please contact us and it will be taken care of.
Regards Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Some of you guys , have no patience at all .

I think if you had the misfortune to be me , and waiting for some of the stuff I have ordered over the last few yrs , you would bloody EXPLODE .

</div></div>

+1 Chris.

My AW took 18 months and I'm in the UK....

My GAP took a similar time(thanks mainly to US export procedures).

Some things are just worth waiting for.

Looking at the string of recent threads about lead times, availability, web stores etc. etc. I really wonder if some people have any idea about the workings/resources of custom/low volume builders, how to work <span style="text-decoration: underline">with</span> people in a supportive and co-operative manner or even whether they have any plain common sense or knowowledge of basic/appropriate etiquette when dealing with any problems that may occur.

ok... as soon as I'll receive a new bipod I'll ship mine in a faster way.

1. User Manipulation, either you've overtightened the screw holding the leg to the cradle ( they are locktighted in place and shouldn't be altered, but with enough force and a big allen wrench you could likely over tighten it, just as you can overtighten cylinder head bolts) this is causing not enough clearance between the head of the axis bolt and head of the leg, thus the leg is to not be able to travel into its fully locked position.

these are a pictures of the 2 screws holding and more video, no sign of any key is visible, never touch them.
it seems to be roll pins..

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

video

on a pubblic forum to give you the opportunity to show how your customer service works.... it seems to be very good, if I'll receive the new bipod shortly as you wrote.

send me your address to ship back the bipod

well thats a roll pin version,

its difficult to give a diagnosis from pictures.
but:
from the shiney parts in the area of the cradle possitioning cuts ( pic 3) it looks like a lot of force has been applied. This would be concurrent with falling whilst advancing to contact - in to possition, moving down the range etc with the bipod in the open position and the weight of a fall bieng transfered directly onto the bipod legs causing them to fold backwards.
I know from experience that there isn't a bipod on the market that will stand that and something has to give.( i once broke a GPMG bipod in the same way, foot down a rabbit hole and over i went)
what will happen is that the force will cause the roll pins to bend and close a little and ride out of the positioning.
Solid pins would likely shear.

This should however by no means happen during normal usage, even if loading the bipod a little.

but until i get that one back i can't realy comment further on what caused it.

certainly its the 1st one with any problems.

certainly we will replace it straight away and investigate to see what caused the problem.

return address is on the website, but will included in the new package, and we will obviously cover the return shipping if you let us know what that costs.

Please let us know that you recieve the replacement and that this one is on its way back.

I just treid to fold the bipod by hand like you did in your clip with the models we have here, i cannot get any to budge and fold even when applying all my strength.

regards Pete

ok thanks.... as soon as I've the new one I'll ship mine.
the bipod is on the same configuration I've receveived it, the left leg is more unstable than right... but also right fail.
In my case only left leg fail under rifle recoil.
doesn't matter for return shipping, I'll ship the bipod with insurance and track number.

bye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP. please check your bipod.
..... if you have a problem, please contact us and it will be taken care of.</div></div>

Pete ,

it seems there are not any issue on mine but , however , I'll shot it next Saturday and I'll let you know for sure , thanks about that !

Stay safe,
PP out

Davide. I have the package ready to roll, i didnt get it away at lunchtime, i had customers from Holland followed my more customers from Germany ordering rifles and they only just left.
I also included one of our RH50 MKI bipods and an adaptor for the AI stock for your evaluation and as an alternative.

Have a look, see what you think. keep the one you like best and send me the rest back. Then we will see why that particular bipod is weak at the knees.
send you the track nr via email when i get a chance.

regards Pete

ok thanks... I was thinking about RH50...... you move faster..

I'll let you know.

Actualy i rate the RH50 as the best bipod. It is battle proven, tough versitile and light.
I have the choice of them all, but its the one I use on my tactical rifles.
Let me know what you think.
Pete

Pete ,

I'm looking for a bipod like the RAPTOR but with a Picatinny rail attachment ( Larue should be perfect ) , without any spigot .

Take in good consideration this version eventually because I'm sure it'd be a successful one .

PP out

PP.

we have a TRG and an AI adaptor for the RH50.

we will shortly have a picatinny attachment, but with a spigot.
It is however possible to clamp the RH50 to the spigot tightly so that no movement occurs.

We are also shortly to make a version of the RH50 with a TRG type cradle and longer legs. Not because it is required, but because thats the style that many want to have.

Ive got a RH50 on its way to Lowlight who will be thoroughly testing it and i'm eagerly awaiting his findings.

let me know how you get on with the other bipod, and if you have any concerns just let me know.

regards Pete

Pete ,

your RH50 bipod does not seem to lower the centre of gravity as the RAPTOR bipod do , I like the RAPTOR issue and I'd like to have a RAPTOR with a Picatinny rail attachment without any spigot , I think I'm not the only one shooter with this need indeed .

Whenever you'll do it , just remember to drop me a line ,

PP out