• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ROLL TIDE!!!

Re: ROLL TIDE!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AngelusMortis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That last part doesnt make much sense, are you saying Texas wasn't undefeated going into the NCS game last night?

Ive read that through atleast 5 times and still don't know what you're saying lol </div></div>

Uh, seriously? It actually made perfect sense to me. He was stating that the argument about Texas winning the National title if McCoy had stayed healthy would be the same as Oklahoma fans stating Oklahoma would have knocked off Texas earlier in the season had Bradford not gotten hurt. If Oklahoma has a healthy Bradford, Texas loses the OU game and does not go the BCS title game with 1 loss. He was applying the same logic to both scenarios. I hate it when the "star" player gets knocked out of a game because it gives the losing team an extra, prominent, excuse for why they couldn't step up. If the freshman had brought them back to win the Texas fans would have said that they never needed McCoy to beat Bama. Texas lost, suck it up, and enhance your reading comprehension. That last little bit is sarcasm...

Josh

In retort, I said "I find it so poetic that Texas knocks Sam Bradford out of the Texas/OU game in the first Quarter this year and Texas goes on to win. I suppose if Bradford would have stayed in OU would have won, Texas <span style="text-decoration: line-through">isn't</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">Wouldn't have been</span> undefeated, <span style="font-weight: bold">and</span> they <span style="text-decoration: line-through">don't go</span><span style="font-weight: bold">Wouldn't have gone on</span> to one or both <span style="font-weight: bold">the</span> Big 12 Championship or the National title game to play Alabama.

I had to add proper grammar to understand
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AngelusMortis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to add proper grammar to understand
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Uh-huh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last time I checked Colt McCoy didn't play defense. So Texas' defense still lost the game with every starter.

Offense wins games,
Defense wins Championships

</div></div>

Amen.

The number 1 rushing defense just couldn't stop Ingram and Richardson.

The Texas defensive game plan in the beginning was to stop the run. That is all they talked about. They didn't need to stop the pass as McElroy was ineffective in that department.

As far as injured quarterbacks, McElroy was definitely not the same guy in the SEC game. Saban didn't have much faith in his quarterback and that is why he wanted the ball first and made that stupid gamble on a fake punt to try to keep the drive alive. McElroy was playing with broken ribs from the SEC championship and those ribs were going to render him even more useless in the second half. I think Saban understood that and wanted his offense scoring early.

Given that, it was pretty clear what Texas had to do to win. Their defense just couldn't do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last time I checked Colt McCoy didn't play defense. So Texas' defense still lost the game with every starter.

Offense wins games,

</div></div>

I'm glad someone else figured it out. No time for whining...get ready for next season. Is it September already?

Josh

Texas's Defensive plan was to crowd the box jam the line on Mark and did you notice he figured that out quick! so they would call ZB right and mark would just run outside to the left for 12 yards. what ever you do, don't think that if Colt had still been in the game that Nick would have (just got the 3rd quarter over) He went 3 3 and outs. Now had it been the other way around Texas would of ran the score up. Nick is one of the classiest coaches in the game. So you can say a lot what if this or what if that in the end BAMA has 13 Roll Tide.

Mike said:
Last time I checked Colt McCoy didn't play defense. So Texas' defense still lost the game with every starter.

Offense wins games,

Mike, or as coach Bryant would say, you show off on offense and you win on defense