• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**ROUND4 !!** 100YARD+, 6group, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Name: Supratt96
Rifle: DTA SRS A1 / Bartlein 260 Rem 100y
Average: .410 MOA
Best: .316 MOA
Worst: .527 MOA

2cx7og2.jpg

Supprat96, nice shooting. You posted on another thread that you'd just gotten one of the new new Burris XTR II scopes. If that's the Burris on your DTA, what do you think?

Supprat96, nice shooting. You posted on another thread that you'd just gotten one of the new new Burris XTR II scopes. If that's the Burris on your DTA, what do you think?

I did shoot those targets with the new Burris 8-40. I was holding off from reporting on it since I didn't get a chance to do any side by side comparisons and also because the conditions were not really conducive for evaluating a scope that day. It was overcast and pretty gloomy. Plus, I was only shooting at 100 yds.

That being said, my initial impression was favorable. The glass is very good for a scope in that price range, but if you are expecting "top tier glass" clarity and resolution, you might be disappointed. Turrets are pretty good and the scope has a solid feel. Seems to track well and I like the reticle. It does get a bit dark at full magnification, but again, I was shooting in low light conditions, so hard to say how it compares to other scopes I have. The eye box is very good and no problem with it holding POI. Features and controls are well thought out and ergonomic. Street price is under $1100 and may come down more as supply catches up with demand. Overall, an excellent value that I hope will be a wake-up call to some of the manufacturers who seem to think there is no upper limit to what serious shooters will pay for a good scope. No, it's not in the same class as S&B, March or Hendsoldt, but it's good enough to make you seriously question whether those brands are really worth three to four times as much.

Rem Tactical .223

a5klyw.jpg

63x8r7.jpg

Was a decent day on the firing line. Not the best, or worst groups I've ever shot. Fired all 30 consecutively. Only break was just long enough to load the next 10 rounds.

Took the T3 to the range again. I think I averaged better than last time but I didn't manage to match my #2 ranking best single group. Need more practice....learning alot from everyone on the forums. thank you...I'll be back.
egu3yjub.jpg

esamate2.jpg

Target credit: Svendogg thanks ( I adjusted up into the target box) :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you qksilverrs for adding those pics for me. I'm not very tech savvy. Sure do miss loading piles of .9mm ammo in my garage. I had a great time getting ready for and shooting this challenge. I know my semi auto entry isn't much of a competitor but I'm proud of it. It's a 16 inch eom barrel from Olympic arms. I bought it straight from their shop in Olympia, WA. Not too shabby for a Burris 1.5x4 red dot scope. The Remington 700 is an ADL converted to a BDL with OEM action and varmint barrel in .308. It has a Timney trigger in a renegade stock on a bipod that I think I got at Wal-Mart. Both are shooting have loads that I'm still working on.

Thanks again. I had a good time and learned a lot and can't wait to shoot again

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

First time out with my first precision rig (AR15 guy), so be gentle. Pretty sure my average is nowhere near sub-moa, but recording it anyway for posterity and as a baseline to measure future improvement against. Had a great time, and the element of friendly competition added an edge too! Thank-you MoBoost for running this contest. Overall I wasn't too unhappy with the results considering the ammo used and my absolute inexperience with this kind of rig. Can't wait to get back out there again with some handloads!

AI AE MkIII .308 Win, Sightron 8-32x56, NightForce Ultra-Lite Unimount, factory 24" barrel, prone / Harris bipod / no rear bag or support, Prvi M80 ball (no time to work up loads yet). 76 degrees and a glorious day to be alive.

In case there's any confusion, the 1st 5 groups were at the large dots and the 6th was at the small dot between the center circle and top left large dot.

Tgt.jpg

Rifle.jpg

Name: Speedie
Rifle: AI MKIII / OEM 308Win 100y
Average: 1.486 MOA
Best: .786 MOA
Worst: 1.981 MOA

Thank-you for measuring even though it was never going to be sub-MOA. And hey, on the plus side, there's plenty of room for improvement :eek:

Thank-you for measuring even though it was never going to be sub-MOA. And hey, on the plus side, there's plenty of room for improvement :eek:
hey man....we all start somewhere. id be willing to bet for every entry in this thread there are 3 people who don't post their results because they feel like they are not good enough.
one reason I like this forum is the fact that most folks on here are helpful. keep researching info. Don't hesitate to ask questions....and have fun!!

good shooting,
Brett

hey man....we all start somewhere. id be willing to bet for every entry in this thread there are 3 people who don't post their results because they feel like they are not good enough.
one reason I like this forum is the fact that most folks on here are helpful. keep researching info. Don't hesitate to ask questions....and have fun!!

good shooting,
Brett

True enough. I left ego behind many years ago, so now it's about learning, improving, and competing with myself. I've done a lot of reading here and I know that I need to work on my positioning and NPA for starters. What's taught at an Appleseed for prone with open sights and a sling doesn't necessarily translate to prone with a scope and bipod etc. The best part of all this, to me anyway, is the excitement and challenge of learning a new skillset and applying it consistently enough to be even half as good as the old hands here.

I don't mean to derail the challenge thread, so I'll head back to the Stupid Marksmanship Questions section ;)

20140625_192226.jpg20140625_192301.jpg
not bad for load development.
accurate ordnance 260 rem stiller tac30 bartlein barrel
140grn berger vld's with lapua brass coal 2.850 cci large magnum 250 primers
with IMR 4064 in the charge weights listed on the target

FNH SPR A5m TBM - 308win - 20"
Ammo: 168SMK hand loads

Rifle has less than 100 rounds down the tube. Need to clean up trigger, but so far it shoots pretty well. Maybe try some varget later this week and see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture is kicking my butt right now. Trying to post new pic of groups from same rifle as before.

2r62x3a.jpg

Last edited:
Name: c4xplsv - sorry your entry will not count: all 6 groups must be on ONE piece of paper. Rifle shows potential - please try again (follow the rules).
Rifle: FNH SPR A5m TBM 308win 100y
Average: .810 MOA
Best: .710 MOA
Worst: .960 MOA

25tx75x.jpg

Ok - I'll include the cover sheet on my next TPS report

Name: c4xplsv - sorry your entry will not count: all 6 groups must be on ONE piece of paper. Rifle shows potential - please try again (follow the rules).
Rifle: FNH SPR A5m TBM 308win 100y
Average: .810 MOA
Best: .710 MOA
Worst: .960 MOA

25tx75x.jpg

Distance: 110y
Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
Rifle: 700SA Trued by NWAW/Benchmark BBL/Leupold 4.5-14 Mk4/Harris Bipod/Timney Trigger/Manners stock
Load: 40.0gr IMR 4350 Under 140 AMAX
Shot all these in about 30 mins. Gun got really hot by the 5th group. Let it cool down and things tightened back up. I will be back with some more thorough handloads and let the bbl cool down and hopefully do a bit better.
WP_20140701_17_53_32_Pro_zps863b6705.jpg

WP_20140629_17_08_41_Pro_zpsc9126eeb.jpg

WP_20140629_20_50_43_Pro_zpsf0f5fc93.jpg

Last edited:
Ai Ax 308 factory 20" Bartelin ,168 smk with 43grns of Imr XBR , win brass ,br2. at 100 yards.S&B 5-25x56 msr and Thunderbeast 30p1
20140701_104517_zpsf06a7932.jpg

2838de85a1b5962c86b644d390370637_zps674cd4c8.jpg

Last edited:
Here's you a target you can use

Found this on the web and it will print on 8.5x11

Attachments

• BRtarget.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 50
Savage 12, 6PPC, 100yards
Bought this barrel on gunbroker for $85 - vintage Krieger 22" in 6PPC; had 2" cut on both ends (both ends erroded) and rechambered.
Brain fart - loaded mix of 64 and 65 grain bergers with 29.0gn 8208 (the target is sideways - and I hope that explains the verticals).
ayu5p1.jpg

20hu5qx.jpg

Been wanting to try this for a while. Got out today at 9am and the range was going to be closed from 10am to noon, so I was a little rushed. Shot off of a bench at 100 yds on harris bipod and rear bag.

Rifle is a older gap I purchased on here a while ago. I put the barreled action (Rem action-22in Rock) in my mcree chassis cause I couldn't get used to the aics 1.5. Also has a timney trigger. Topped with US Optics 3-17 ergo. Shooting 168 FGMM
gap2.jpg
30 rd chall.jpg

Winchester 52 made ~1923
Lyman Junior Targetspot 6x
Eley Standard ammo
Sand bag front
hand towel rear

And yes there are 5 holes in each target

Kinda hard to keep it all together for 6 groups and the 6x scope is a little disadvantage.

First time out really shooting this. And first time with this load. I got carried away and It got hot....its 94 and I think I was done before the rifle hahaha.
Shot stock trigger with JP springs off of a bag at 100 yds. Thanks I'll be back.
ugabajys.jpg

ejahyja6.jpg